The Eighth Continent

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site is entering Beta testing stage.

+2
Mr. Von Ronsenberg
Sidney Hawkins
6 posters

The Start of .... Something (Travel)

Avril Bellevue
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ coin 50850
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

The Start of .... Something (Travel) - Page 8 Empty Re: The Start of .... Something (Travel)

Post  Avril Bellevue Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:44 am

Avril looks over to Sidney and nods. "Of course.", her voice was a still a little shaky from when the dragon had flown over. She then walks over to him and kneels next to him she holds out her fingers on one hand and they glow. She traces them over his two slash wounds on his sides and they slowly heal over. She then gets back up. "Are all dragons really that big? I thought they were smaller than that."
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Female Posts : 260

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ coin 115380
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

The Start of .... Something (Travel) - Page 8 Empty Re: The Start of .... Something (Travel)

Post  Falabella Shire Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:24 am

Seeing Sidney fall brought her out of her thoughts on the dragon. She was worried about him, but she couldn't heal the way Avril did. Fala stayed back, knowing she would be in the way. He'd been stupid to walk away while bleeding, but he was already suffering for it, he'd probably learned his lesson.

"I heard they came in a variety of sizes... but never thought one could be so large." Falabella was more iinterested right now in the creature who had been with Sidney and was now climbing a tree... *what is it? it must be friendly if it helped Sidney hide right?* She watches the creature as she sticks close to Tokara, not so close as to be clinging to him, but within a couple feet. She trys to tell herself it's to keep an eye on him, but it was because she felt saver next to him, she always had.
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Male Posts : 349

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Lv. 6 next rest 0 exp/ coin 294500
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:46 pm

Tokara went over to his sword and picked it up a little less spooked by the fact a dragon just flew over head. “that I believe was an old dragon, I have fought smaller ones before but that where like baby’s and the size of horses. Nasty bastards too some of them have poison claws, but there are so many variants that I don’t blame the peacekeepers for picking and choosing what dragons they fight.” Tokara looked at the big hairy thing that climbed the tree. “well I guess what’s for dinner will be the porcupine. Granted it won’t fill us.” He looked at the thing he still needed to skin it. “but back on to the topic of dragons they are big and strong but like any human or monster they are still mortal.” With the he went back over to tonight’s dinner grabbing the knife like thing from falabella, he begun to skin and gut the thing right there not squirming at the site of him disemboweling it.

Cooking training
    The Start of .... Something (Travel) - Page 8 2166047764
    NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:12 am

The basajaun climbs back down from the tree and then starts wandering off into the woods without saying anything. Eventually it has gone out of site. It had appeared to have had interest in the stream as it went. Who knows what it was thinking right now, or if it would come back for that matter.
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Male Posts : 376

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Exp 275/ Coin 33375
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:37 am

Sidney looks over to Avril and also adds to what Tokara was saying. "Thank you for healing me Avril. As for the dragon it is odd that the peacekeepers haven't kept that one in check. It looked to be an Elder Dragon from what I've researched. According to legends some make that one look like a baby... Though people haven't reported anything of the sort as of late. There are many unexplored regions though, and the reason for that is the strength of the monsters between here and there."
    Avril Bellevue
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Avril Bellevue Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:07 am

Avril was shocked about what Tokara and Sidney had said about dragons. Apparently she had not heard any of the stories. Then she notices that the Basajuan was no longer in sight. She couldn't help but wonder about it. "Where did that big creature go? Actually why was it ever here in the first place." The last part of the question was more directed towards Sidney than anybody else as Sidney had come back to camp with it.
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:39 pm

Falabella had watched the hairy creature wander off. *At least it seems friendly...ish*. "Yea... How did you run into that thing Sidney?" she was just as curious as Avril.

Hearing Tokara talk about his experience with dragons hadn't made her very happy. she would prefer he not be in so many dangerous situations... but it was who he was. *I'll just have to keep a close eye whenever we're together* she thinks with an inner smile... she knew how much he didn't want that, *too bad*.

Seeing as Tokara's bleeding had stopped, and so had hers from her hand, she walks over to him and removes the bandages she had wrapped around his wounds. she heads over to the small stream on the edge of camp while removing the one on her hand. Making sure which direction the water was flowing, she headed to the edge of camp where it ran down stream. The blood would wash away from camp incase they needed water for drinking or cooking, she started to clean the blood off the bandages, scrubbing them with vigor.
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:56 pm

Tokara looked down at his wound that was still open but the blood had thickened up in the wound. He wiped the knife like thing on his pant leg after he had just finished skinning the animal. He looked up and looked at the other three, granted this wouldn’t feed them all but it will be something to eat.
    He was feeling tired so he slowly sat down; this day had taken its toll on him.

First he was mugged, then he was recruited to a make shift strike force. Man what a day then a sword falls out of the sky in front of him. This was not his week at all. “We are going to need a fire.” Tokara said it a little tired at the other as he had no means of starting one, and he was not in the mood to wiggle two sticks together.

NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:43 am

The Basajaun is still out of sight and very well may be gone.
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:51 am

Sidney reaches into his backpack and pulls out the flint he had bought. He sets it to the side and then takes some of the sticks he had gotten. He sets the dry sticks up in a typical way for when people start fires. He then takes another stick and uses one of his daggers to shave the stick making his own dry tinder. He wasn't fond of using his dagger for this but he needed to.

He then sets the tinder up around the base of the sticks and picks up the flint. He then rubs the blade down the flint and at the end kind of flicks the blade causing more pressure with speed to produce the spark. After a couple of times doing this he gets an ember burning and shields it from wind a little and tends to it. Shortly after he has the fire going pretty well. He doesn't say anything, but he sure wished there was a fire element with them or that he could still use an old skill of his which would have set the wood on fire.

Sidney then responds to the question Avril had asked and Falabella had second'. "I just ran into him in the forest right before the dragon's roar. I believe he's a Basajaun. In legend they taught humans a lot of the best farming techniques and about nature in general. It's one of the first creatures that I had learned about when I started researching and learning as much as I could about wildlife following what ... happened to my village, and then my brother and I a few years after that..." Sidney's voice kind of fell off at the last part of that statement.
    Avril Bellevue
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Avril Bellevue Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:41 pm

Avril watched as Sidney started the fire. She was surprised at how well he did in making it. After he explained about the Basajuan she noticaed that he had acted weird. She wondered what it had been that had happened to his town and him and his brother, but she decided now wasn't the time to ask that. Now was probably a good time to let him just be. She decided that she would ask him about it in the morning if no one else asked him before then.
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:21 am

Her bandages were clean of all blood now, so she grabbed a decent sized rock and placed it near the fire. Just within heat range, but far enough to not be in the way, she placed the bandages on it to dry.

The look on Sidney's face was familiar enough to make her hold her tongue when she wanted to ask what he ment. Tokara used to have that same look when he thought about the attack that destroyed their ship. A trauma of some sort haunted Sidney, and she knew that there are some things were best left hidden, even forgotten if you can. He may have to talk about it to help heal from it... if that was possible. But that decision was his. "Did you get that Flint at that shop? I should buy some when we get back to the city for my glove"

Fala looked at the porcupine and wished she had found more than just that to eat... but more than anything... she wished she knew how to cook just to save them from Tokara's experimental cooking... "Umm, Tokara... have you ever cooked porcupine before?"
    NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Wed May 01, 2013 3:43 pm

The Basajaun comes back carrying 2 dead rabbits and 4 good 12-14 inch fish. They are already cleaned and gutted. It comes over and sets them down near the fireplace before going over and sitting next to Sidney. He then starts talking to Sidney about what he had gotten the sticks for.

((Sidney, it's what the pm is about, we're going to just vaguely discus it in topic to save time.))
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Wed May 01, 2013 8:11 pm

Tokara sees the fish and rabbits brought to the fire, he thought he creature brought them to be cooked. So thinking this tokara grabbed a few sticks to cook the food on, the rabbits fish and porcupine was placed just right over the fire to cook them. “that thing went to get food at least now there more for us all.” Tokara said this as he paid more attention to the food cooking, his cooking skills where not that top notch so who knows how well the food would turn out when done.
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Thu May 02, 2013 12:08 pm

Sidney replies to the Basajaun, "I'm going to make some new arrow shafts." says Sidney. "Not for me though" He is unsure why the Basajaun had asked but he saw no reason not to tell him. He had been thinking about talking strategy with Falabella and Avril as he had had a chance to see how they fought. He would with Tokara but he was unable to really as all he saw was a big slash of Tokara's sword.
    NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Thu May 02, 2013 12:21 pm

The Basajaun starts telling Sidney about different techniques for carving arrow shafts and binding arrowheads on. He then starts talking about various blacksmithing techniques. If Sidney truly listens he will get a good boost of knowledge from him.
    Avril Bellevue
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Avril Bellevue Thu May 02, 2013 4:17 pm

(The new layout is... different. It looks nice on the main page but draws everything out a bit much.)

Avril watched as the Basajaun delivered food and then went over to talk with Sidney. It was lucky for her that he had decided to makes some new arrow shafts as she had needed some new ones after having a few broken. She watched as the Basajaun continued speaking with Sidney. The conversation went straight over her head though as she was no blacksmith. She wondered how good of a cook Tokara was. In the end it was his cooking that caught her attention as Sidney's conversation was not a topic of particular interest to her.
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Thu May 02, 2013 7:50 pm

She was thankful for the addition to their food when the big creature came back with more; Tokara was known in their village for being able to eat as much as 4 centaurs... Falabella herself was also able to do some damage, but her small size stopped her from keeping up with him.

Falabella grabs her now dry bandages and puts them back into her pack. She watches Tokara wearily... she had watched him on the trip here while she stalked him hiding in the forest. It had been almost sad watching him eat that stuff... it looked like it would have been tastier to eat the charcoal from his fire.

Even though she was scared of what would become of this food, she was happy that he was cooking for her. Both dreading it and looking forward to it, she was a bit confused. She sits down next to him, smiling, "Anything I can do?"
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Thu May 02, 2013 8:04 pm

Tokara kept his eye on the food for so long the fire blinded him for a few seconds. He had to take away his glance when he heard fala say something. “No I am cooking it will taste just fine.” He said that and he took the fish off which where black as charcoal but you could see some flesh left. He stuck the fish sticks in to the ground for others to grab and eat while he worked on the rabbits. Each fish would count as one portion and give +10 stamina after sleeping in the morning, also due to tokaras poor cooking anyone who eats will get minor poison for two posts gives 1 point of damage per post. “Dig in I will have the rabbit done soon.” Tokara said humming a tune.

Cooking exp +2 because last post I was cooking
    The Start of .... Something (Travel) - Page 8 2166047764 The Start of .... Something (Travel) - Page 8 2166047764
    NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Thu May 02, 2013 8:29 pm

The basajaun finishes what it is saying and then gets up. He looks at the food and then begins to walk away. "I'll excuse myself now. I know I could probably eat with you, but even us that live in the wilderness have our standards when it comes to our food." The basajaun then leaves.

(+10 Blacksmith for Sidney as that was the event he had received.)
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Thu May 02, 2013 8:36 pm

Sidney takes one of the fish and looks at it a little funny. It doesn't seem well cooked, but it was better cooked then he would have been able to on his own, so who was he to complain. "Thank you for the food Tokara." As Sidney begins to eat the incinerated/raw fish... however that was accomplished, Sidney was thinking about the techniques the Basajaun had talked to him about. He had not heard about them anywhere else to his surprise. He was excited about being able to put them into practice.

As Sidney finished the fish he started to doze off. He fought it off a couple of times, but then he fell asleep leaning against the wall of the overhang. Hopefully someone would put out the fire used to cook the food.

(I now have food poisoning. -1 HP for initial food poisoning effect.)
    Avril Bellevue
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Avril Bellevue Thu May 02, 2013 9:43 pm

Avril takes Sidney's lead and takes a fish. She hesitantly eats it realizing that she might not like how she felt later but she needed to eat something and this was basically her only choice. "Yes, thank you Tokara." says Avril who then slowly starts eating the fish. She takes her time with it. After she finishes she feels a sharp pain in her stomach. As she feared, she was going to have quite a negative reaction to the consumption of the fish. She is still a little hungry due to the lack of food throughout the rest of the day.

((Just assuming that I have food poisoning now. -1 hp))
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Thu May 02, 2013 10:04 pm

Falabella laughed out loud at what the Basajaun said as he'd left... the food did indeed look ridiculously bad. Sadly enough... it looked slightly better than the stuff he at by himself on the way to the city. "Well, Tokara, maybe you're getting better... the stuff you ate on your solo trip here looked and smelled so bad I'm surprised the bandits even dared to go near your campsite."

She grabbed a fish and held her nose closed with one hand, shoving almost the whole thing in her mouth, determined to eat it as fast as possible. It was indeed beyond belief... she let go of her nose and put that hand over her mouth, forcing herself to not spit it out or throw it up. Her big brother had worked to cook this for her and she would eat it if it killed her!... and it just might.

"Holy Shit Tokara! If this is better than what you ate on the road you have an iron stomach!" She runs to the water and quickly shoves her face straight in the water, taking big gulps of water... anything to get that taste out of her mouth.

She looked back at the fire and the rabbit and porcupine still cooking... a shudder ran up her spine... *I don't know if I can handle more... but I'll do it for him!*

(-1 HP to Food Poisoning)
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Thu May 02, 2013 10:21 pm

Watching falabellas reaction and avrils reaction tokara let out a laugh. “What you think was moms good cooking? Well any way the rabbits done if anyone want some.” Tokara moved the rabbit on a stick to the side and did the same thing like with the fish. The rabbit was under cooked in the middle but would taste much better then the fish, the thinner portions of the rabbit where still unevenly burnt. Gives food poisoning if one portion is eaten. Gives +10 stamina in the morning.

Torkara would garb the last fish and eat it, letting out a MMMMM sound as any one awake could hear the bones crunch. He slowly ate it and licked his fingers, licking his lips from eating the fish. This man was worse than an animal to be able to eat such nasty food. He would then start to cook the porcupine.

Cooking +1
    Food poisoning -1
    Avril Bellevue
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Avril Bellevue Thu May 02, 2013 10:30 pm

Avril watches with an expression bordering on horrified as Tokara brutalizes the fish. She then decides to eat some of the rabbit. She takes a relatively small portion of rabbit and eats it. It is slightly better than the fish but still cooked poorly. Now her stomach is hurting even more. She notices that Sidney had fallen asleep and decides that she probably should too. Avril starts preparing to sleep. As she was used to luxurious beds she is trying to get comfortable and not having much luck.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:43 pm