The Eighth Continent

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site is entering Beta testing stage.

+2
Mr. Von Ronsenberg
Sidney Hawkins
6 posters

The Start of .... Something (Travel)

Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Female Posts : 260

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ coin 115380
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

The Start of .... Something (Travel) - Page 9 Empty Re: The Start of .... Something (Travel)

Post  Falabella Shire Thu May 02, 2013 10:57 pm

Looking at the rabbit, it did look slightly better than the fish, but not by much. "I wasn't really expecting much, honestly I'm glad you're the one cooking, you're better than me for sure." Seeing the way he ate that fish like it was nothing filled her with pride, *that's my Tokara, nothing beats him. Can't let him think I'm a weakling...*

She breaks off a portion of the rabbit... and decides to get it over with quickly again by practically inhaling it. Her eyes water and you can see her body convulse a few times as it tries to get rid of this vile... could barely call it food. She gets the rabbit to stay down finally and sits down next to Tokara again. "I'll stay up with you," she smiles at him. "Don't want you running off again without me." She yawns but the pain in her stomach stops it midway as she grimaces. *It'll be worth it right?*

Laughing to herself she makes up a song and sings it just loud enough for Tokara to hear so she doesn't wake up Sidney or Avril.

"Nothing can beat us"
    "Neither Bandits nor Dragons"
    "Getting items from surroundings"
    "We can beat things by the tons"
    "Yet we are destroyed"
    "By newbie cooks"

"I'm just kidding, you cook well for your skill level. You know I'd eat anything you'd cook... unless you were mad at me at that moment,"
    she laughs.

+1 Bard = 19
    -1 HP final from fish
    -1 HP 1st from Rabbit
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Male Posts : 349

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Lv. 6 next rest 0 exp/ coin 294500
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

The Start of .... Something (Travel) - Page 9 Empty Re: The Start of .... Something (Travel)

Post  Tokara Shire Thu May 02, 2013 11:10 pm

Tokara would let out a hardy laugh loudly but just patted falas head. “Well your singings just as bad as my cooking, so we are even.” Saying that tokara started to turned to see avril trying to get comfy on the hard ground. he just smiled as it reminded him of the first time he was out on his own. He started to turn the porcupine slowly so it could cook more evenly. The smell of the food was better then the fish or rabbits, but this may just because of the bad taste of the fish would make anything taste better.
    Avril Bellevue
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ coin 50850
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Avril Bellevue Thu May 02, 2013 11:15 pm

Avril heard Falabella's song which was not very lullaby like though it was funny. She let out a quiet giggle at the end of it before returning to attempting to sleep. She smells the porcupine cooking, but does not want to risk her health on anymore of Tokara's food. She already felt bad enough. She didn't need to eat more and add to the problem. As she thinks about the day she finally dozes off and falls asleep.
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Thu May 02, 2013 11:42 pm

Fala blushed at Tokara, he was being sweet to her again, in a Big Brother way. She got a sneaky look in her eyes. "Oh really? You thought that was bad, just listen to verse two!

Unedible to even wild beings
    the fish caused double vision
    the rabbit caused body pains
    what could be worse to snack on
    than a meal of half cooked food?
    eating nothing at all would be"

*At least he knows I'm just kidding.* Smiling sleepily, she yawns a bit more this time, the day's excitement was catching up to her. She had chased Tokara all the way from home, had to convince him to keep her with him... got new armor and weapons, new friends, met an Alicorn, saw a meteor fall from the sky, fought a gang of bandits, and saw a Basajaun and a huge Dragon...

"Sorry, doesn't seem like I can stay awake much longer." Trying to get as close to Tokara as she could, she cuddled into his side and was passed out within a minute.

+1 Bard = 20
    -1 HP for 2nd rabbit Food Poisoning
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Fri May 03, 2013 12:36 am

tokara couldn't respond to that verse of the song. As he watched the food cook he noticed it was evenly cook compared to the rabbit or fish, but then again he cooked it differently not noticing that he had. “Hmm every ones asleep, well time to hit the hay.” He said that he went over to his chest plate and put the cooked food to hide it. walking over to the fire he put it out, walking over to his sword he grabbed it and walked back over to his chest piece, laying down on to it he used it like a pillow. Soon he dozed off and was snoring rather loudly.

Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Male Posts : 376

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Exp 275/ Coin 33375
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Fri May 03, 2013 1:36 pm

Sidney stretches and yawns quietly having just woke up. He looks around and sees that everyone was still asleep. He gets up and then immediately feels stomach pain. He runs out and goes downstream of camp where he is hidden from the camp's view by the brush along the stream. A short time later he had finished going to the bathroom, making sure to use the stream's water to clear any scent he may have left so that no potential monsters would come because of the scent.

He walks back towards the camp and notices a section of rock outside of the overhang that slopes up. Sidney decides to try to test how his healing was progressing. He starts to do a few angled push ups on the wall. It is easier than regular push ups and not as much of a strain on him while still helping him test himself and buildup some strength.

The Start of .... Something (Travel) - Page 9 2826187889 (Strength as since he is now lv. 2 he can train twice in a skill of his choosing)

-1 health from waking up with stomach issues from food.
    Avril Bellevue
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Avril Bellevue Fri May 03, 2013 5:27 pm

Avril wakes up and stretches. She just lies there for a while and thinks about the day before. It was definitely the most adventurous of her life to this point. She then gets up and looks around, everything seemed normal except for that Sidney was gone. She wasn't worried though, she was sure that he would be alright doing whatever it was that he was doing. She then sees Falabella and Tokara are still asleep. Avril sits up and stretches more, it had definitely not been a very good nights sleep.

Then she feels her stomach ache, just a little as if to remind her of the torture she had put it through the night before.

(-1 HP)
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Fri May 03, 2013 9:38 pm

Falabella woke from a very good dream from feeling a cold breeze. She shouldn't be cold... she was next to a warm wind-breaker right? When she opened her eyes and found that Tokara had moved away when he went to sleep she was not surprised. The big Perv didn't have issues sleeping next to women unless they were hooved or her.

Getting up, she quickly made her way to some bushes on the edge of camp. She felt better than she had last night, but nature called when it wanted to. She exited the bushes and saw that everyone was awake except Tokara... but he looked so peaceful sleeping holding his sword that she didn't dare wake him.

She had realized last night how quickly her Stamina ran out during a fight, she would need to work on that first if she wanted to survive the kind of trouble Tokara looked forward to. She saw a flat rock and decided to get a little cardio in while it was still early. She ran in place alternating between stepping up on the rock and down with each leg.

Her heart was pumping by the time her legs started to feel tired. She got a drink from the stream before heading back to the center of camp, Tokara would probably wake up soon anyways and she didn't want to make him wait.

The Start of .... Something (Travel) - Page 9 2826187889 Stamina +1
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Fri May 03, 2013 10:43 pm

Tokara awoke pulling his sword up and holding it out as if ready to strike. He was still half asleep, as he woke up and walked out of the camp to go do some morning business. Walking back tokara was looking at every one who was awake which everyone was. “Anyone wants breakfast?” he walked over to his armor and pulled out the cooked porcupine and it looked much better than last night’s food. If anyone ate it wouldn’t give any buffs. Tokara this whole time was just dragging his sword it made an icy trail of frost where ever it touched.

He stabbed his sword in to the ground as he bent over to pick up his armor and wear it. he put it on like he would a shirt. Moving around in it her stretches his arms, then pulled his sword out of the ground. “hey you know this sword has kind of grown on me.” He looked at it with a look of interest, and then he glances over at everyone else. “I am ready to head out when you all are.”
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Sat May 04, 2013 8:20 am

Sidney continues doing push-ups until he feels some strain and then he stops. He goes back to the camp and sees that everyone else was up now. He grabs his gear and nods to Tokara, "I'm ready as well." He was a bit hungry but figured they must be nearing the next town and that he could pick up a decent meal there if need be. "Once we get going I'll start talking some strategy, basic though it may be." he then stretches a little. "I seem to be recovering a bit from my injuries."

The Start of .... Something (Travel) - Page 9 2826187889 (Strength)
    Avril Bellevue
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Avril Bellevue Sat May 04, 2013 10:34 am

Avril gets up and looks around. She gathers her things and gets prepared to go. She really wants food but doesn't want more food poisoning. "I am ready to go at whatever time you all are." Now it seemed that it was just down to Falabella being ready to leave and then they would all be set. She does a double check to make sure she is done with everything. She decides to pocket some of the charcoal as charcoal was one of the best things to remove and absorb poison from the system.
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Sat May 04, 2013 1:48 pm

Remembering the porcupine and the food from last night, she shudders a little. "Maybe in a little bit for the food... like for lunch."

The small stream near their campsite had a patch of Cat's Tail growing near a calm area. While the Cat's Tail itself wasn't useful as an Herb that she knew of, she was interested in taking some of the long grass that was growing with it. She plucked 15 blades of grass that were 2' long each. *I think I may have a use for you* She had been debating something and may now have a solution. But it was too soon to even think that she was done working out her idea, so best keep it to herself.

Back to her stuff, she loads up her stuff and winds the grass through one of her corset straps for easy removal. Keeping 3 blades out, she starts to braid it on the move.

"I'm ready."
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Sat May 04, 2013 3:01 pm

Tokara nodded to everyone, and made sure he had everything he saw avril pick of some charcoal. Walking over to the fire pit he took some soot and wiped it under his eyes, it was to stop any glare if he had to look up in to the sky. After doing this tokara took the lead with his armor one his pouch on his hip, and his sword on his back. “We shouldn’t be too far from Wyvernwynne so let’s head there for some info on where to go next.” As tokara said that he begun the long days walk they would have. The forest was thick as they were by a stream, tokara was leading any who followed up a small hill incline away from the stream.

(event rolls start again now)
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Sat May 04, 2013 3:01 pm

The member 'Tokara Shire' has done the following action : Dices roll

'1' : 9
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Sat May 04, 2013 4:24 pm

Sidney followed Tokara. He had a question for Avril about how her healing skill worked and a question for Falabella about her shriek skill but he would hold off the questions for now. He was really quiet as he walked pondering a couple of things. He decided to ask a random question and see what he gets for a response. "Any of you know what an Angha is?" It seemed random, but it would end up being relevant at a later time.
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Sat May 04, 2013 4:24 pm

The member 'Sidney Hawkins' has done the following action : Dices roll

'1' : 4
    Avril Bellevue
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Avril Bellevue Sat May 04, 2013 5:51 pm

Avril follows Tokara and Sidney and then listens to Sidney's odd question. "No, I do not believe that I have ever heard of an.... An-ha." As she walks up the hill ahe feels the slight burn in her legs. She is wondering what their next encounter will be as they had had a few encounters that she had not expected and by this point it almost seemed guaranteed that they would run into something else before they got to where they were going.
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Sat May 04, 2013 5:51 pm

The member 'Avril Bellevue' has done the following action : Dices roll

'1' : 15
    NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Sat May 04, 2013 6:35 pm

(Rolled a 6 and then a 3. The post order is NPC, Falabella, Tokara, Sidney, and Avril)

Suddenly at the top of the hill four figures appear. "HAHAHA! You fell for our trap!"

Another one speaks up. "We waited all night for you to leave camp so we could have the element of surprise!"

A third speaks, "We watched you all night, we saw all that you did. So we know how to take care of you. And not to loot your food."

Then the final one speaks. "The two women aren't a problem, especially the midget one, and the smaller guy does pansy push-ups so he can't be too strong. So we just have to take out the big guy and then we'll be able to easily loot the rest of you."

Then they all advance towards Tokara quickly getting within 10 feet of him. But as the rest had left later than him they were all still out of the range of Falabella, Sidney and Avril.
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Sat May 04, 2013 7:23 pm

Suddenly the wind picked up, it started as a slight breeze but was gaining power too quickly to be natural. One look at the Half Sprite would see Hell in her eyes. She wasn't trying to cast a spell... her rage was taking control and the winds were enjoying their play. She had always treated them like people, playful trouble-making children more like it. And they were happy right now.

"I'll show you trouble!" She didn't even care how far away they were, or how many, or the fact that they may be dead before she could even get to them, she was Pissed. *The dared to underestimate me... and No One but Tokara can call me a Midget and live more than a few moments longer!*

She rocketed into the air in Flight, reaching 25' easily in a second as she started to fly toward them. She grabs 4 Damaging Needles and steadies her aim, it was hard to do when she was this mad, but she knew she had to... they had to die, painfully would be better, but as long as they died, she was happy.

+20 energy from food
    -2 Energy from Flight
    =+18 Energy

-1 Mana from uncontrolled magic running loose
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Sat May 04, 2013 7:38 pm

Tokara saw these bandits and just sighed, his thoughts where it was too early to be doing this. Then he heard them talk and it just made him feel a challenge coming. Hearing there insults to everyone in the group showed how obsevitive they were, but there lack in acting while they slept showed how novice they are. Then he noticing they all begun to charge him, he just twisted his head and a crack could be heard from popping the bones to relive pressure in his stiff neck.

He felt the wind pick up and knew it was falabella and her quick temper, so he had to act fast as they came in to range of him. Gripping his swords handle he did a horizontal sweep giving him an easy 11 foot reach swing. The swing was powerful and quick. A nice ice blue arch could be seen from the sword as it swung through the air, it would cleave though a tree next to him. As what was for the bandits tokara wouldn’t know tell they said something about the icy residue from the blade that was on them. the tree would fall away from the party as it headed down hill.

stamina- 130 with 20+ bouns - 30 for normal swing= 100 stamina left.
    NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Sat May 04, 2013 8:22 pm

(Sorry for break in order, but...)

The bandits pay for their arrogance. As was the case the last time bandits were attacked by Tokara the result was the same brutal mess. All bandits were felled from that single slash. Impressive though it may be, the sword is the cause of it.

(They are all dead and ready to loot... that record fight time is likely to stand for a while.)
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Sat May 04, 2013 8:54 pm

Sidney watches as the bandits come down the hill and listens as they insult the entire group except for Tokara really. Sidney thinks to himself, "Pansy Push-ups? Really!?" He unsheathes his daggers just in time to see Tokara maim them all with one slash. Sidney walks up to one of them and kicks them to make sure they are really dead and because he's still mad. He then checks one of the bandits for any goods. He hopes Tokara doesn't get mad that Sidney is looting one, but as things happened last time he expects he will be fine with it.
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Sat May 04, 2013 8:54 pm

The member 'Sidney Hawkins' has done the following action : Dices roll

'2' : 5
    NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Sat May 04, 2013 9:17 pm

(Rolling a 5 lead to an item, which on a 12 side led to a 3 which is a health item. Then it was a 4 on a 6 sided die. Which lead to a tier 4 health item.)

Sidney finds a capsule marked HE #4. This is a common item used by guards, soldiers and mercenaries to heal themselves in battle. This particular one will heal 25 health.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 pm