The Eighth Continent

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site is entering Beta testing stage.

+2
Mr. Von Ronsenberg
Sidney Hawkins
6 posters

The Start of .... Something (Travel)

Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Male Posts : 376

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Exp 275/ Coin 33375
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

The Start of .... Something (Travel) Empty The Start of .... Something (Travel)

Post  Sidney Hawkins Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:07 pm

((Everybody Roll Roll Roll your dice every single post. Only once per post though.))

Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

The Start of .... Something (Travel) Empty Re: The Start of .... Something (Travel)

Post  Sidney Hawkins Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:18 pm

Sidney was the first one out of the City. While they were walking towards their next destination Sidney briefed them on the Quest.

"The Quest Name is 'Scouting the SeaWatch of Kahnia', the Patron was that Mr. Von Ronsenberg person. The difficulty is rated 2 out of 5 unless we get spotted. That just means that there is the chance of battle. All quests outside of the city have that."

"The quest description is; The Great SeaWatch Fortress of Kahnia has been taken over by a horde of bandits. They have several high-value individuals held hostage so we can not take any action of force or siege the fortress as things stand now. This fortress is a point of the highest importance tactically as it is situated on the eastern point of the mouth of the Laysan river which provides deepwater access towards the inland regions of Humus. The intent of this ancient fortress was and is to protect Humus from an invasion from sea whether it be an attacking force or a monster from the deep. Therefore it is imperitive that we regain control of Kahnia while causing the least danger to the hostages.

As it seems, the bandits have managed to take it with hardly any fighting leaving me to suspect that there was some strategy involved in which the bandits likely found, or created, an alternate entrance. Your task is to find this to find this entrance while not gaining the attention of the watch that the bandits have posted along the walls and then to report back to me. If you wish to accept this quest, you are to meet me at my Manor between the hours of Noon and 6 P.M."

"The reward which is per person is; An option for each person of 1000 Gold, 1 10Lb bar of Iron, or 10 herbs of a usable level from the Mendefera Herbal Gardens. I meant to discuss this quest with everyone before getting started on it, but the old man said a certain word and then Ronsenberg came in and gave us the strategy for the quest."

After saying all of this Sid waited to hear what everyone was going to say. He then thought of one final thing. "Oh, and I got pushed off course by the crowd going to the shop and found myself at the Quest Board so I checked it out and decided this quest sounded pretty good. That's how I found out about it."
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

The Start of .... Something (Travel) Empty Re: The Start of .... Something (Travel)

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:18 pm

The member 'Sidney Hawkins' has done the following action : Dices roll

'1' : 3
    Avril Bellevue
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ coin 50850
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Avril Bellevue Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:30 pm

Avril listened to the quest, this sounded like the kind of thing that Sid would be good at, not herself or Tokara. Falabella might be able to if she was someone who got serious in situations like those. Avril did like the thought of having another 1000 gold though, you could buy a lot of arrows for 1000 gold. "It sounds like a good quest. If it's done right it's a pretty good reward for our efforts." As they continued walking Avril pulled out her book and started reading it. It may look like a normal book, but it actually was a very good book on different languages.
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:30 pm

The member 'Avril Bellevue' has done the following action : Dices roll

'1' : 9
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Female Posts : 260

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ coin 115380
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:33 pm

"Scouting sounds fun, and money is always welcomed." Falabella wonders about ways for her to be of help, *I was pretty good at making Tokara not notice me on the way here. 10 herbs sounds nice too... if I save 500 gold for me and keep the herbs... i can slowly pay Tokara back...*

Looking at Tokara, she sees her brother, and decides not to give him her money, he'll just waste it in a brothel... the look on his face shows how much he was preoccupied. She grabs her Herbalism booklet, listing names, uses and pictures , paying close attention to the ones usable at her level. Mumbling to herself, "Bloodroot... white flower... dry soil..."

She glances at Tokara every-so-often, making sure he was still with them. Watching her step, she reads while walking. Ears to their surroundings, she is able to pay attention and learn at the same time.
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:33 pm

The member 'Falabella Shire' has done the following action : Dices roll

'1' : 11
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Male Posts : 349

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Lv. 6 next rest 0 exp/ coin 294500
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:32 pm

The sound of disappointment is herd from Tokara as he having withdrawals from not having enough funds to enter the brothel. “That is the most expensive brothel I have ever tried to enter. “ He had not heard one word that Sidney said about the quest. He had his own things going on in his mind. But he tagged along being the one dragging his ass be hide the group. He observed the surroundings as the hard packed road under his feet made him sigh. He held the sword on his shoulder so it wasn’t dragging on the ground his held on hand over the handle having it ready just incased there jumped.
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:32 pm

The member 'Tokara Shire' has done the following action : Dices roll

'1' : 12
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:40 pm

Sidney listened to them all and then tried to figure out why Tokara was as excessively into brothels as he was. Sure Falabella might be stopping him from having any fun, but that still shouldn't make someone that excited about brothels, at least not this openly. As they continued along Sid noticed how peaceful it seemed out on the road. He then thought for a second about all the rumors he had heard about how bad it was on the road. The thought only crossed his mind for a second that the rumors were exaggerated. But then he thought about his own experiences and decided not to let his guard down, sure things seemed peaceful now, but where he had trained, it always did until a dagger was thrust into your back.
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:40 pm

'1' : 3
    Avril Bellevue
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Avril Bellevue Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:07 am

Things had gotten quiet for a bit after Tokara's brothel rant. Avril now knew why Falabella kept an eye on her brother so often. It may not be all that obvious, but Avril is starting to get a little nervous that they will run into a fight. As far as she is concerned, the less fighting the better for all. She knew better though, the chances of going the distance they were going without running into trouble was really slim.

She noticed as they continued walking that they were beginning to get into a more forested area now. The forest wasn't too thick though, it was actually very pretty.
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:07 am

'1' : 10
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Female Posts : 260

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ coin 115380
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:53 am

Falabella looks up from her booklet every few seconds to check the surrounding forest, checking the plantlife she sees on the ground, then looking back down again. Comfortable with walking and reading, she never misses her step, and maintains a perfect distance from the moody Tokara, *He'll forget about it when he gets to fight something... for a little bit at least*

"Give a shout out if you see a body of water, any sized. I need to look for some reeds... and porcupines... You'll help me with the porcupines Willingly this time wont you Tokara??" The threat of revisiting the time when he had not helped her willingly remove the quills from the porcupines... was not something he wanted to do again.

"What was wrong with that old man in the store?? It was a smart move remembering flint and a First Aid Kit... if I had wanted to stay in that store another second I may have shopped around more, but Wow can he chase off a customer!"
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:53 am

The member 'Falabella Shire' has done the following action : Dices roll

'1' : 5
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:46 pm

The whole group had walked for miles it seemed as the time would fly on their journey. Of course tokara had ignored falabellas comment a few miles back as he was the one dragging the rear. Then he now answered it. “Get avril to do it. I am not sitting still for that torture.” He made quite a loud ruckus as he was the loudest one of them all. “Oh for crying out loud, I thought these roads were full of danger.” He walks on the side of the road and did a heavy swing with his sword against a small tree cutting it down but it made a loud crack noise. “Anyone else here hungry?” he said this because he didn’t rightly see any one eat before they set off, and also he was a cook and he knew it’s much better to fight on a full stomach and Avril might need a rest she didn’t look like the kind who got out of the city much. Looking at Sidney at the lead tokara gave a shout too. “Hey Sidney you think we could stop for a while and get some game to eat.”
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:46 pm

The member 'Tokara Shire' has done the following action : Dices roll

'1' : 18
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:43 pm

((First off, Forty and I had originally intended for humans to get encounters at 17, 18, 19, and 20 which is why there is an encounter here.

Secondly ... What the hell?! I mean really? Really. Really? REALLY!?!? In all my time testing the dice rolls I have never EVER managed to get the series of rolls you just got. First off there is a 20% chance of a human getting an event. From there there is a 33% Chance to get a good event. From there there is roughly a 2% chance of getting what you got. In total the chances of getting a find as rare as you got is a 1/750 chance.

Also side-note, Tokara has an instant reply to this meaning he gets pushed back to being next in line so he'll post next.))

Suddenly there is a flash in the sky as something comes hurtling towards the group of people. As it gets closer it appears to be a meteor, engulfed in flames. It slams into the ground 10 feet from Tokara shattering and causing a slight shockwave on impact. From the impact something bursts out of the rock and flashes right by Tokara shattering his sword on impact and sticking in the ground next to him. There is a unique looking sword there that shines in the sunlight, that sword is The Meteor Sword.

Spoiler:

Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:13 pm

The blast caused tokara to shield his eyes and his sword was held out in one hand he would feel his war sword drop in weight dramatically as he would hear something shatter like glass. After the shock wave was done tokara would fall to his feet, his gaze looking at the hole in the ground ten feet from him. His armor was dented from rock hitting it. Standing up he noticed the sword in his hand all that was left was a hilt. “hey everyone all right?” he would say that as he then sees what was next to him, sticking in the ground was a sword he had never seen before, around it was the shattered blade of the war sword tokara just had.

Moving closer to it he taps the hilt on to the blade and the hilt grows old as ice. He throws the hilt to the side as steam rose from the cold hilt touching the warm air made it evident this weapon was ice based. Tokara hesitated as he braced himself to lift the new sword. Gripping the hilt he pulled with all his might to pull the sword from the stony ground. The blade as it raised caused the ground to freeze. And then there was a loud shank noise as tokara stood there with a sword that legends where made of. “ummm this rather heavy for a sword even for me.” Every breath he made you could see the ice magic causing his breath to be seen in the air. He looked at every one to see their reaction even the loud mouth tokara was speechless.

(damage from meteor hitting so close 5 hp. hp 60-5=55)
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:27 pm

Sidney also shielded his eyes as the meteor crashed into the ground. He however was the furthest one away from the impact so he took no damage from it. He then watched in amazement as Tokara pulled the sword out of the ground. Typically as a blacksmith there would have been a little bit of a sadness when a weapon you had crafted was destroyed, but seeing what destroyed it Sidney could just stare in amazement. He had seen this sword before, not in person, but in murals.

Sidney tried to fight off his speechlessness to explain what he knew about the sword, but it didn't come out very well. "That..... That sword is.... Amazing, I never thought I'd see it. It really did have a Cryonite Blade..." He had only remembered the murals and stories about it because of his interest in Blacksmithing.
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:27 pm

'1' : 20
    NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:04 pm

(Rolled a 3 meaning good event, then 1 meaning material.)

Where the meteorite had landed there are some shards of metal that look like white steel. These are Taenite shards. Heavy yet extremely good as a weapon material, the only place on earth where Taenite appears are the meteorites and even then it is an uncommon material.
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:11 pm

As Sid tries to spit out what he knows about the sword he sees a glimmer in the small crater where the meteorite had shattered. Sidney scrambles over and plucks out 1 large shard and 2 smaller shards. He quickly puts them into his backpack. As he looks for more pieces he is disappointed not to find anymore. He hopes it's what he thinks it is but only a master blacksmith like Glaidus would be able to tell him. He then turns back to the group. "His sword, it's the Meteor Sword. It's legendary among blacksmiths, and scholars for that matter."
    Avril Bellevue
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Avril Bellevue Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:52 pm

Avril turns away from the area of impact. When she looks back Tokara has picked up a weird looking sword. She stood shocked at the event and then hears Sidney start stuttering about it. He then went over and picked up some metallic shards and continued on mentioning about it being a legendary sword called the Meteor Sword. If the weapon was anywhere near as good as it looked to be, the team just became a lot safer to be a part of, at least in her estimation. Then another thought entered her mind, maybe they should get moving on before the meteorite attracted any unwanted attention.
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:52 pm

'1' : 1

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:23 am