The Eighth Continent

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site is entering Beta testing stage.

+2
Mr. Von Ronsenberg
Sidney Hawkins
6 posters

The Start of .... Something (Travel)

Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

The Start of .... Something (Travel) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Start of .... Something (Travel)

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Mon May 06, 2013 8:48 pm

The member 'NPC Event' has done the following action : Dices roll

'1' : 1
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Male Posts : 349

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Lv. 6 next rest 0 exp/ coin 294500
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

The Start of .... Something (Travel) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Start of .... Something (Travel)

Post  Tokara Shire Mon May 06, 2013 10:03 pm

Tokara sees this as an golden opportunity. “CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!” tokara would run as fast as he could and stopped short by the monsters neck. Drawing his sword with both hands he brought it down as hard as he could on its neck. “We won’t have another chance like this!” tokara was not wasting time, this monster probably wouldn’t have given them the chance to run. This monster needed to be dealt with here and now.

Tokara had forgotten about the horse killer.

(-30 stamina) 70 stamina left.
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Male Posts : 376

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Exp 275/ Coin 33375
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Mon May 06, 2013 10:40 pm

Sidney is actually surprised the beast was stunned from the attack as the chance was really low for it to stun. He figured it must have been because of the metal on the creature. He quickly rushes it and reaches into his bottoms backpack for the rope he had purchased at the outfitter's and gets to the Kye-Ryong's legs and starts wrapping the rope around the legs of the creature, attempting to tie its legs together. As he has a history of being outdoors a lot he knows how to tie knots well and unless the beast breaks the rope which as far as Sidney knows is highly possible, the rope shouldn't come undone if he succeeds in tying it.

The Start of .... Something (Travel) - Page 11 2826187889 (Tactition because of rope.)

((Assuming it succeeds since it is stunned.))
    Avril Bellevue
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ coin 50850
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Avril Bellevue Mon May 06, 2013 11:06 pm

Avril watches as the monster falls and Tokara and Sidney jump into action. She is surprised by how quick they were to jump on the opening and even more surprised to see Sidney pull out rope, but it seemed like a good strategy. She then gets closer and shoots another arrow at the back of its head this time she should be in range. She then realizes that the baby horse killer is coming towards them slowly. It doesn't seem aggressive, but it has her nervous nonetheless.
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Female Posts : 260

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ coin 115380
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Mon May 06, 2013 11:48 pm

From the air, Falabella saw the beast go down, and watching where everyone else was for their attacks, hurled her 4 Damaging Needles at the wing/side that Sidney was trying to tie up. She made sure she erred on the side of careful to not accidently hit Sidney or Tokara, so they might have been a little closer to it's side than belly, but it was worth it to not hit either of them.

Being in the air had it's advantages. She noticed the small Horse Killer, and made sure to keep an eye on it incase of aggressive behavior. She grabs 4 more Damaging Needles, and readies her next attack. No word on needing Shriek yet... hopefully it wouldn't be needed in an ASAP manner... it did take a bit to charge it up.

-1 Energy - Flight, staying in place
    -3 Energy - Damaging Needles
    =134 Energy
    Mana @ 119
    NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Tue May 07, 2013 12:14 am

The Kye-Ryong is stunned as Tokara's attack strikes true severing deep into its neck if it wasn't for the fact that the sword freezes over the wound it would have caused bad bleeding. As it was stunned Sidney was able to tie up its legs. Avril's arrow hits the creature but hits the scaling on it and the arrow bounces off. Falabella's needles hit her target, but apparently the skin is strong under the feathers because her needles bounce off as well. After Falabella's attack the Kye-Ryong starts to come to from the stun but as its legs are bound it can't get up. It starts to struggle trying to get up. It seems to be focusing on trying to break its legs free, the rope is under great strain and might not hold up for very long.

The baby Horse killer continues coming closer though it still is being non aggressive.

-300 damage from Tokara's Sword

(Monster status Green)
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Tue May 07, 2013 12:46 am

Tokara lifted his sword out of the bird’s neck then rose it high again. “ROOOOOOOOAAARRRRR!” tokara would swing the sword back in to the same place in the neck. He tried to give even greater force. he wanted to see blood splatter all over his armor, But the swords ice element stopped any blood from being spilled. This made it hard for a man who loved to see blooded spilled cringe, as he just tried to cleave this over grown turkeys head off. “I call the giblets…” he would say. Tokara was in such a battle mode he had ignored anything Sidney of falabella had done. He still didn’t notice the horse killer coming closer.

(-30 stamina) 40 left .5 stamina training. The Start of .... Something (Travel) - Page 11 2826187889
    NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Tue May 07, 2013 8:21 am

((Due to events, I need to post interrupting the post order however after this post the post order resumes.))

Tokara's attack strikes true yet again. The Kye-Ryong lets out a terrible screech that suddenly stops as Tokara cleaves all the way through its neck decapitating it. It would appear the battle was over however the body starts flailing wildly. Just like a chicken when it got its head cut off it was still trying to break free.

Meanwhile the baby horse killer is now right near them just looking at the Kye-Ryong trying to figure out what's going on.

(Tokara's hit, crit = -600 health. Monster Status Black meaning dead however nothing can be collected as the party must wait for it to stop moving.))
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Tue May 07, 2013 8:27 am

Sidney backs away from the monster having successfully tied the rope around its legs. Then he sees Tokara decapitate it. To his surprise the creature seems to move more now than when it was struggling before. "Tokara, get away from that thing!" he yells more out of instinct than anything else, after all, Tokara wasn't dumb enough to stay there and let himself get maimed. Sidney holds his hand out behind him to signify to Avril to stay back. He doesn't say anything to Falabella though as she is above the creature and should be safe as long as she didn't land on it or do something stupid like that.
    Avril Bellevue
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Avril Bellevue Tue May 07, 2013 4:47 pm

Avril is shocked that Tokara had managed to behead the creature so easily. The sword really must be strong. She stays back from the monster and watches as it flails around. The tail looked like it could be quite a weapon if had had a chance to utilize it. It was almost funny how easily it went down. She figures she was right that it wasn't much of a threat from the first. She is really wary of the baby horse killer.
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Tue May 07, 2013 4:57 pm

Falabella was surprised when the head just came right off, the armor around the neck looked tough... *Nothing can stand up to my brother! HA* She wouldn't say this out loud... it would just give him a bigger ego than he already had.

She stayed in the air, still not trusting that trashing around, for all she knew it could grow another head or something... when it stopped moving then she may come down. She kept a close eye on the baby Horse killer... it looked so cute and curious... but things could go bad fast. She searches the forest for any sign of a mother, but nothing yet.
    NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Tue May 07, 2013 6:08 pm

The Kye-Ryong slowly stops moving and all is quiet for a moment. As it stops moving the baby horse killer comes up to Sidney and rubs against his leg.

Then a noise can be heard in the bushes with the clanking of armor. A group of 5 guards come out and stop dead in their tracks as they see the site of the battle. The man in the front who would apparently be the Captain scans the area. "Oh my god.... Did you guys really take that down?! It doesn't look like any of you have a scratch on you!" He then notices the baby Horse Killer snuggling up to Sidney's leg.

He walks up to the dead Kye-Ryong. "I am the guard Captain of Wyvernwynne. This beast could be a great resource to Wyverwynne after the attack on it by the Elder Dragon. I will pay each of you 50,000 gold and allow you some material off from the creature if we can keep this Kye-Ryong for the rest of the meat and resources."

He then looks back to the Horse killer and Sidney. "That Horse Killer is attached to you. It looks like it's decided that your its mother. If you want I'll pay a hefty sum for it and your help getting it to accept me."

((Everyone that accepts the money chooses metal, leather, or feathers and rolls the #2 die once to see how much they get. If you decline the money you roll the #2 die 4 times, but it will be to decide whether you get leather, feathers or metal and then an off site roll will determine how much you get for each roll you got.

And yes Tokara, you can choose money and its head.))
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Tue May 07, 2013 7:03 pm

Tokara have moved away from the beast when he cleaved the head off, there were many monsters who had a death attack. After the body stopped moving tokara then heard the noise of armor. Getting ready to attack again he saw it where town guards. This relieved him he stuck his sword to the back of his armor and walked over to the head of the creature. Listening to their offer about the beast was nice, then her heard the part about the dragon. “We saw that thing fly over yesterday.” Tokara lifted the head of the creature up letting out a loud grunt. And set it nice on his shoulder. Patting its face he laughed.

“Well as a show of good faith.” Tokara said as he walked up to the captained and shook his hand. “I take only 25k and the head, use the other 25K to help build the town back up. think I could have a blacksmith help me make this in to a fine weapon.” He was all smiles and then he saw the horse killer and started to walk ahead, slowly as the head was heavy. “I hate them bloody horse killers bad luck every time I see one.” Tokara shook his head as he kept walking and nodded his head to the other guards.

Tokara would think the captain would be surprised at the face tokaras armor was almost nothing. Only a chest plate, no other armor.
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Tue May 07, 2013 8:23 pm

Sidney looks down to the Baby Horse Killer and then back to the guards that had walked through the bushes. He listens to what the captain had said. He then hears Tokara and thinks that it is generous but not much other than that. "As far as the Horse Killer we can talk about it on the way to town. The beast we just beat? I'd be grateful for the money and a bit of the scale leather on the back." Says Sidney who goes over to the creature to try and get some leather with the approval of the guard.
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Tue May 07, 2013 8:23 pm

The member 'Sidney Hawkins' has done the following action : Dices roll

'2' : 6
    Avril Bellevue
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Avril Bellevue Tue May 07, 2013 9:26 pm

Avril watched as the guards came out and asked about about what they wanted to do. Avril decided to go for the 50k and some feathers so she said so. "Um... I'd like to accept the money and some feathers." says Avril as she goes over to the beast like Sidney had. She figured they must have been close to Wyvernwyne if the guard was there so she decided to ask. "What brought you here if Wyvernwyn needs help?"
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Tue May 07, 2013 9:26 pm

The member 'Avril Bellevue' has done the following action : Dices roll

Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Tue May 07, 2013 9:54 pm

Falabella controls her fall and lands next to the body. She had seen the men walk up and explain what they wanted, it seemed perfect to her, after a devastation like these dragons and the things like them seem to do, it was always nice to help out those in need. Hearing about Sidney and the Horse Killer almost made her giggle... it was indeed loving up on him like a baby with it's mother... it was so cute.

"I think I'll take some Metal from this beast..." She could use some additional weapons, 2.5 throws of her Damaging Needles and she was out of ammo...
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Tue May 07, 2013 9:54 pm

The member 'Falabella Shire' has done the following action : Dices roll

NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Wed May 08, 2013 9:26 am

The baby horse killer follows Sidney over to the creature.

The four guards that seemed to be inferior in rank to the Captain split up. One stays near Tokara and the other three help Sidney, Avril and Falabella gather a little material from the creature. In the end Sidney has 30 pounds of leather, Avril has 90 feathers as they were not easy to remove without damaging and Falabella had 90 pounds of metal. The guard with Falabella says to her, "I'll carry this to town for you if you wish it."

The Captain speaks to Tokara about the money. "Thank you, it is appreciated." Then the Captain explains why they came. "The reason we are here is simply that we heard the screech of the Kye-Ryong. It sounded a little too close to the village so we were going to kill it, but it looks like you beat us to it. About the money, when we get back to town I will be able to give it to you. You have my word of honor you will receive your payment."

He walks over to Sidney and the baby horse killer. He cuts off a piece of meat and crouches holding it out as though he is going to feed it to the baby horse killer. The baby horse killer comes over shyly and then slowly takes it from the Captain's hand and eats it. "Oh yes, this would be a fine help to the town indeed. I'd like to make an offer of two hundred thousand gold for it and I'll give you my word that it will live loved by our town as I will train it to help guard the town. I think you'll find the price more than fair."

Then the Captain speaks up, "Fellow guardsmen, you know what to do..." The guards tie ropes onto the bird except for the guard carrying Falabella's metal. The Captain grabs a rope in the middle and the other three guards grab ropes on either side and they begin to drag the bird at a surprisingly fast rate. "All right then everybody." says the Captain, "Follow us and you'll be in Wyvernwynne in no time at all."

((Next NPC post we will be in Wyvernwynne))
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Wed May 08, 2013 5:59 pm

Tokara heard the captain talk to the others, but he wasn't really paying attention as he was just walking with the head. He looked be hide him to see the captain and the guards dragging the heavy bird. Seeing this he was surprised he pointed to them as he looked at every one else. “now that team work.” Seeing that he remembered Sidney giving orders to fala, seeing that tokara wonders if they should come up with a group name for them selfs. He would bring this up in town to the others. while he carried the head it was good stamina training.

(stamina training) +.5 = 1 The Start of .... Something (Travel) - Page 11 2826187889
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Wed May 08, 2013 6:28 pm

Sidney carries the leather and follows the Captain. "200k? Gold?" he doesn't know what to say at first. "Let me wait until town before I make up my mind. Truthfully his mind was already made up, but he wanted to wait until they got to the town. 200 thousand gold would help his cause to much to let it slip away. He looked down at the horse killer and also realized that with his goal the horse killer would be more of a hindrance than a help in the short term.
    Avril Bellevue
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Avril Bellevue Wed May 08, 2013 6:53 pm

Avril took the feathers and followed them all. She didn't really have much to say, so she decided to ask a question. "How bad off is the town anyways? If it was what we saw fly over yesterday I wouldn't be surprised if there was nothing left." It could have sounded mean but it was said with good intentions as she was speaking what was on her mind which was as likely the truth, or at least she figured that it was likely the truth.
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Wed May 08, 2013 7:11 pm

Falabella looks up at the kind guard who offered to help carry her metal. She smiles at him and says "Thanks so much!" happily. It wasn't everyday someone offered to help, she wasn't that used to it... Tokara only helped when there was something in it for him. and usually she was too prideful to accept much help.. but that metal was Heavy! the metal beat out her pride in the end and she was happy for it.

She starts day dreaming about what she wants made from that metal as she follows along with the rest of the group. *More Damaging Needles... some other weapons would be nice too... and I can get some more armor... and some for Tokara too... maybe help Avril with some better arrow heads and Sidney too...*
    NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Thu May 09, 2013 8:17 am

The baby horse killer still follows Sidney as they head towards town. "Aye" says the Captain, "200k. It is a hard decision to make so I understand." He then turns to speak to Avril. "You'll see how bad off the village is for yourself soon enough." He says with a bit of a frown forming on his face.

Meanwhile the guard carrying Falabella's metal after a while looks down to her and winks at her. There was something creepy about the way he did it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:50 am