The Eighth Continent

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site is entering Beta testing stage.

+16
Shorty
Enz Zziio
Alexi Abramov
Falabella Shire
Remy Laroque
NPC Event
Xantrex
forty
Saori Pegason
Tess Crosszeria
Lilith
Marga coreta
Koroseta Mauiliu
NPC Blacksmith
Tokara Shire
Sidney Hawkins
20 posters

Glaidus' Workshop (Open for future use)

Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Male Posts : 376

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Exp 275/ Coin 33375
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Glaidus' Workshop (Open for future use) Empty Glaidus' Workshop (Open for future use)

Post  Sidney Hawkins Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:37 am

After having searched around for the best place to use some smithing equipment Sidney comes to Glaidus' Workshop. As he walks in he sees a hardy looking dwarf at an anvil who looks up to Sid and speaks in a gruff yet cheery voice, "Welcome to my workshop, what is it you be looking for?"

"Actually, I was wondering how much it would cost for me to use your smithing tools. I got some equipment from the guard, but they aren't exactly the quality I would prefer." Says Sid as he shows the dwarf the two busted longswords.

Glaidus bursts into hearty laughter, "Aye, the only thing you'll accomplish with them is rust poisoning. "I'll tell ya what, seeing as it be from the guard, and seeing as ye want to use the equipment for yerself. I don't see any reason to charge ya for the use of me tools. After all, there be somethin special about makin yer own weapons. But if ya break somethin', you WILL pay me back for it, either through money, or labor. Deal?"

"That is more than fair." says Sid surprised that the dwarf was going to let him use his equipment for free.

Glaidus directs Sid to an open corner of the workshop.

Sid goes to a grindstone wheel and starts filing down the tip of the blade, making a point. He then sharpens along the edge with above average skill, but not masterfully. As he finishes the curve at the tip of the last of the two daggers he holds them up and looks at them. While they are definately not perfect, at least they looked like daggers and would function as them. Due to the amount taken off the edge of them they were lighter and easier to carry.

As he prepares to leave Glaidus comes over and inspects the blades. "Aye, those'll do ya fine. They look better than most of the crap people make, especially considerin what ya made em from. Feel free to come back and check out my wares in the future then. See ya."

As Sid leaves he can't help but feel that he liked Glaidus, especially for a dwarf. Most dwarves were greedy and though Glaidus may indeed have been, the love of his craft was there over his greed.
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Glaidus' Workshop (Open for future use) Empty Re: Glaidus' Workshop (Open for future use)

Post  Sidney Hawkins Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:41 pm

Sid walked into Glaidus' Workshop and immediately went to a corner to put on a Smith's Apron. He then waited for Tokara. He heard laughter from the other corner and saw Glaidus. He fidgets a little, "Yeah, I'm having my chaps tailored. Mind if I use the workshop again, I want to modify my daggers, and get some practice with some other stuff."

Then he motions to Tokara, "By the way, this is Tokara, I'm going to try to smith a sword for him, though I'm not sure how I'll make out." It was true, though he did know the techniques for it, he was not sure how everything would come out, though he was pretty confident that it'd end up better than it started.
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Male Posts : 349

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Lv. 6 next rest 0 exp/ coin 294500
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Glaidus' Workshop (Open for future use) Empty Re: Glaidus' Workshop (Open for future use)

Post  Tokara Shire Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:20 am

Tokara walked in to the blacksmith shop and he heard Sidney talking to someone when he got in he put down his mace and the broken sword. Seeing the dwarf Sidney was talking too he bowed a little. “I know of the mining skills and I know a little about forging but nothing enough to craft anything. I was hoping we could melt these two weapons down to make one war sword. I will help Sidney any way I can.” Tokara was willing to help because earlier Sidney did say he had some broken bones so he might not be able to lift some stuff needed for the sword considering its size.
    NPC Blacksmith
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Blacksmith Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:27 am

After Glaidus stops laughing at Sid he speaks to him and Tokara in his gruff yet ever cheery voice, "Aye lads, yer welcome to me workshop anytime, so long as ye spread the word that yer gear was made 'ere." Glaidus then looks up at Tokara. "If yer gonna help 'im, it'd be good to wear a leather apron and some heavy gloves, with the weapons those fool guards be handin' out, yer more likely to die from the rust of yer own weapons then from any enemies." Glaidus then points over to where the spare aprons, and gloves are.

Then he points to a forge nearby. "That'd be the best one ye could use, she's not as tempermental as the other one's be. Better fer beginners."
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:33 am

Sid puts on a pair of the leather gloves. He then turns to speak to Glaidus, "I really do appreciate this. I don't know what would happen if you didn't let us do this." Sid then makes his way over to the forge that Glaidus had pointed at. He sets his daggers to the side and then waits until Tokara is ready.

He pulls out the arrows that had been given to him to reform by Falabella and then starts removing the heads from the arrows one at a time. With the arrows poor quality it is relatively fast work.
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:10 pm

Tokara struggled with getting his chest plate off. The leather bindings on it that held on to him were old, so unclipping it was a bit of a struggle. After having a bit of a funny moment trying to get his chest plate off, he put it on the ground near an anvil. He walked over and grabbed an apron and a pair of gloves that could fit him. Wearing these he felt a little better then wearing that chest plate at least the apron fit him.

“alrighty I know we will need a rather large old for the sword blade. Is there any warsword molds here?” Tokara would turn his last comment towards the smithy as he would drag his weapons to the forge. He would easily notice the forge was defiantly enchanted, magic flames kept the forge hot without a bellows system allowing there to be multiple of functions that no normal forge would have. “This is nice.”
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:58 am

((I apologize right now for vagueness in some parts as I am not fluent in smithing terms or even how to smith, therefore I am definitely leaving out some details.))

Sidney was directed to a mold by Glaidus. He had to ask Tokara to help him grab it and bring it to the forge. He then asked Tokara to put the mace and large sword into the forge. As Tokara did this Sidney finished detaching the arrowheads from the arrows. Then they waited for the weapons to melt.

After they melted and the molten metal was consistent they poured most of the molten metal into the pre-prepared (as in all ready for metal to go into) mold and had to wait for it to cool. "Tokara, Mind if I use some of the excess to make the mold for what Falabella wanted?" As he asks that he throws the arrowheads into a separate basin of the forge.
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:25 am

Tokara helped Sidney pour the hot molten metal in to the mold. Tokara would then move the molten metal back in to the forge to keep it hot, after hearing Sidney’s question. “yes you can try to make a mold if you want. but I don’t know how long its going to take for the metal to cool. That stuff is hot.” He said that as he backed away from the forge shaking one of his hand in the glove that was near the molten liquid.
    Tokara would turn to Sidney and ponder. “do you think glaidus would have a mold we could use?” he was wondering it would save more time if he did have a mold but it would be unlikely.
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:00 am

As the metal cooled for Tokara's Warsword Sidney walked over to Glaidus and asked about a mold that would work for Falabella's damaging needles. Glaidus thought about it for a bit but then came up with an idea. "Aye, I have somethin' that'll do the trick. All you'll have ta do is detail 'em after they're done." He then goes and finds a mass mold for railroad spikes.

"That Von Ronsenberg creep has really been pushin' the expansion of his railroads lately, so I have quite a few of these.", says Glaidus. Sidney then walks over to the basin that he had put the arrow heads in and checked to make sure that they were decently melted. He preps the mold and then he pours the metal into the mold and then places the top part of the mold on and waits for that to cool down too. Sidney then looks to Tokara, "So, what do you want done with the rest of the metal from your equipment? Should it just be made into a bar or something? Because it looks like I won't need it for the mold."
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:11 pm

Tokara watched as Sidney went about his way around the place. Upon hearing a question towards him from Sidney he looked at him with a bit of question. After the question was said he thought about it for a moment and looked at the plate mail armor he got. Moving his left hand up and down his back the wondered. “Maybe we should upgrade my chest plate to something more covering like a Cuirass. At least them my back will have some protection.”

Upon saying that he remembered something gladius said. “Railroad? What’s a railroad?” this new word was new to him he had herd there was something new being made in this city.
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:27 am

Sidney went and got a simple Iron Bar mold and then poured the leftover metal into it. He then waited a bit more, it worked out well that Tokara had just asked about railroads. "Railroads are kind of like larger mine cart rails. Instead of mine carts there are machines called trains. These trains are many times more powerful than horses allowing for literally tons of ore to be moved at once. They are also starting to use these as mass transportation for people."
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:26 pm

Tokara would listen intently on the answer to his question. “I see trains huh? Never heard of such a thing I think we should check them out. I would love to see something stronger then so many horses.” The idea of transportation was actually very good too, if it could transport people. But then he would wonder why he didn’t hear about such a plan tell now. “hmmm I wonder if this train thing would replace common travil. Or if its sturdy enough to fend off monsers.” The idea was good but with out protection for some of the biggest monsters it might be a toy for them.

He would look at the cooling metal that sidney had poured a little bit ago. “Sidney what should we do to pass the time? I know that hot metal won’t cool properly for a while. You think Glaidus would get mad if I worked out here in here. I need to get use to stretch a little after such a long trip here.”
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:16 pm

"If you mean exercise without using his stuff, I'm sure he wouldn't mind it." said Sid as he walked over to a grinding wheel. "You're right about the trains though. If the monsters can be kept in check it'll be something else, but as of right now I here they're having troubles with monsters and bandits." Sidney draws his daggers and then starts working on them at the grinding stone.

He works extremely carefully to shape them as he wishes. As he works he realizes that this will probably be the last time he can re-work the daggers as they'll just be too short and thin for his preference if he did rework them. He sharpens the blade a bit and then starts working on grooves in the sides of the blades towards the handle.
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:42 pm

“Hey Sidney those daggers of yours are getting smaller than before. “ tokara would say this as he would pretend to dodge a strike at him. his move meant was easly to see sluggish. He would wince and start to stretch a little his normal clothing lifting to reveal scars, not small ones but almost life threating gashes from old fights. He started to stretch the muscle group around the scars. He then would do the mock dodging again but he let out a grunt from pain. “Oh that still hurts after 2 years.” He held his side and started to streach some more.

“I never was good at dodging fake attacks. Hey Sidney try to swing my sword at me. It might give me a good practice for dodging, I have never been able to gain much from not fighting.” Tokara was hoping to get a little practice spar in. but this was only if Sidney was in the mood. He never remembered Sidney pass up a chance to have a good blow at him, he used to be such an ass.
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:18 am

Sidney finishes the grooves on the base of the blades making them serrated. He then turns back to Tokara, "Sorry, I have to finish this gear up so the girls aren't waiting too long." He then goes back over and chisels around the edge of the warsword mold to open it up and check how hot the blade is. Using the gloves the metal still feels rather warm, but it'll be easier to do the slight shape adjustments he needs to do with it warmer.

As Sidney works on the sword Glaidus comes up to Tokara carrying a large axe. "If'n ye want me to, I can take a few hacks at ye! It'll be fun!" The dwarf says with a little too much excitement. Sid stares over at them and notes to himself that Glaidus is a little creepy at the moment. 'Note to self, don't bring up fighting while Glaidus is near.' he thinks to himself.
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:33 am

Tokara waved his hand at Sidney. “ah the girls could use the bonding time. An the further falebella is from me the more at peace of mind I am.” Tokara would turn to see the owner of the black smiths shop walk up with an axe. Tokara smiled at the dwarf, he knew there was more to that ax then meets the eye. “ok I accept, just remember I am trying to be a bit quicker on my feet.” Tokara got to the middle of the shop where there was more space for them to mock a fight.

“and if ya don’t mind I would like to keep all my limbs on.” Saying this tokara got in a stance waiting for the dwarf to come at him. this by far was the stupidest thing to do today, by far.
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:55 pm

((Strength training will be the cuirass, also there is a lot to do on the sword so I'm having him do that this post))

Sidney flips over the sword and starts working the other side. As he hears Tokara accept the challenge he can't help but think that he is mentally impaired to accept the challenge. He knows Glaidus won't try to kill him, but he can't help but wonder if he might anyways.

Glaidus swings his axe at Tokara's midsection horizontally without much warning at all. The look in Glaidus' eye is still very creepy, he is enjoying this WAY too much.
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:30 pm

Tokara would back up some the axe just grazing his stomach. It would leave a nice slash on his skin and cut the shirt open. “That axe is very sharp to cut that easily.” He would have to move a lot faster than that to avoid much more damage. Tokara laughed a little at this and got ready to dodge again. Moving on his feet wasn’t always his strong point. What he needed to work on was his reaction time, and his was slow. He watched the dwarf wielding the axe getting ready to dodge or at least attempt to.

Glaidus' Workshop (Open for future use) 2826187889 (agility)
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:36 pm

Sidney didn't pay much attention to them as he got the railroad spike mold open. He then took the time to meticulously shape each one to the specifications that Falabella had asked him to. It took a lot of work with a variety of weapons. As he finished that up Glaidus went for his next attack.

Glaidus let out a battle roar like one would expect from a barbarian. This grabbed Sid's attention as he looked over to see what Glaidus was doing. Glaidus did a 360 degree spinning slash horizontally at Tokara.

Glaidus' Workshop (Open for future use) 3393708228
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:03 am

The crazy dwarf charged tokara doing an odd battle style with the axe. He jumped over the dwarf and did a roll but was nicked in the side by the axe. He grabbed his side. This was deeper then the last cut. “glaidus your no normal blacksmith, where did you learn that move from.” Tokara wanted to learn that move because of the fact the axe never lost momentum and the radius was a full 360. Tokara would get to his feet ready to dodge another attack from that dwarf. “Hey Sidney is my sword done I think I am going to need it.” Tokara was laughing as the gashes dripped blood slowly. Tokara was panting from jumping around more then normal.

Glaidus' Workshop (Open for future use) 2826187889 (agility) hp60-5-3=52 hp left stamina spent 5= 50 left
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:51 am

Sid finished the last of Falabella's damaging needles and then heard Tokara ask Sidney if the sword was ready or not. "You could use the sword that still isn't cooled quite enough yet and risk having it break like it probably would against that axe, OR you could stop getting yourself maimed before we even head out of town. Your choice, the sword's right there." says Sidney pointing to it.

Sidney then works hammering on the armor, it is taking effort for him to have much of an effect on it but after a short while he is starting to get it hammered out to the thickness and width he needs it. He looks over at the now bleeding Tokara and figures the size that it'll need to be.

Meanwhile Glaidus has put down his axe as a city guard comes in looking a little concerned. General Glaidus! Is everything all right?!"

"Of course! Ain't no one could come in me shop and defeat me one on one. And I thought I told ye to quit calling me that! I'm not in the forces any more."

Sidney holds back a chuckle as he finishes flattening out the metal. He then sets the metal on the coals to let it heat up again.

Glaidus' Workshop (Open for future use) 2826187889 (Strength) Glaidus' Workshop (Open for future use) 3393708228
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:24 pm

Tokara let his guard down as the dwarf puts his axe away. Seeing the city guard h heard what he says. “general, if I had known you had that much fighting experience I should have ask for more even playing field.” Tokara let out a laugh and then put a finger on his cuts. “ahh shit falabellas going to flip when she sees these. Good thing the armor will cover them.” Tokara would then go over and inspect his sword that Sidney had said was finished. Looking at the still warm blade it could do with a polish but it would have to do tell he could get the nessiary materials.

Tokara pondered for a little bit. “glaidus you’re a dwarf, do you know of any mineral deposits on the road east of here. I will need more than what I have here to get better equipment. Also you know where I could buy a pickaxe, mine was stolen by bandits. And not to pester you with 100s of questions but where is the nearest shop for backpacks for travel.” Tokara was letting loose a bunch of questions for the retired dwarf general.
    He would turn to see Sidney hammer out the sheet of metal for his armor. *he’s pretty good if I can find some rich material spots we could make some good weapons.* tokara thought this to himself as he waited on the dwarfs answer.
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:53 pm

Sidney took the flattened sheet of metal back off from the coals and then starts hammering it into shape. It wouldn't be ornate, far from it, but it should at least be efficient. After he has it shaped he starts on some of the more minor details in the armor.

Glaidus laughs a bit. "Ask away lad, As for Mineral deposits, there is a nice spot 5 or 6 miles southeast of here. There are a few signs for it on the way. It's simply known as 'The Olde Mine' you can't get in without clearance, but I'll handle that for ye." Glaidus grabs a paper and quill and starts writing as he continues talking. "As far as the gear, you can find it all in one place in the Merchant's district. It's simply called The Outfitter's. There are many things there from packs to picks to vials and pestle and mortar. It's a what's what of adventurer's needs." He then hands the paper to Tokara. "This is a writ giving you permission to access the mine."

By now Sidney was done, the armor was slightly warm still, but other than that it was good. He took off the gloves and apron and grabbed his daggers and Falabella's needles. "Well, I'm ready Tokara, we need to go meet the girls so I can get my pants back." at this Glaidus again laughed.

Glaidus' Workshop (Open for future use) 2826187889 (Strength) Glaidus' Workshop (Open for future use) 3393708228
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:55 am

Tokara nodded as glaidus spoke and the mine he remembered passing it by on the way here. Taking the writ of passage in to the mines from him he tucked it away in side his pouch of gold. “Thanks glaidus this will come in handy.” Then walking over to sidney he threw on the still warm armor and picked up his sword. He moved around in it a little. “Oh yeah much better than those leather bidding holding the armor. It’s a little loose but I wasn’t expecting tailored too me ether.” Tokara held the 9 foot sword out straight with his hand on the handle he had a reach of 11 feet easy with one swing. He brought the sword back and grabbed the blade so it was easier to handle. “Sidney I take the lead and head out first knowing falabella she might come looking for me.” With this tokara grabbed everything of his and took off ahead. Leaving Sidney to get any helpful info from glaidus knowing blacksmith only shared secrets of the trade with each other.

(leaving topic)
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:21 pm

Sidney nodded in response to Tokara talking about leading. From what he could remember about Falabella, it might be best if Tokara got back first seeing as Tokara had gotten scratched up a bit. Sidney then had a brief discussion with Glaidus as he picked his brain about blacksmithing. He then asked about his history in the forces and learned how he ended up out of them and into blacksmithing. He got the typical 'it's in me blood' about blacksmithing and mining. When they were done talking he waved farewell to Glaidus and exited into the city streets.

(Left topic)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:13 pm