The Eighth Continent

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site is entering Beta testing stage.

3 posters

Creating the Katana

Loci
    Loci
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Creating the Katana Empty Creating the Katana

Post  Loci Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:51 pm

I enter the blacksmith's shop and lays my large sword on the table with a sigh of relief, "That thing is heavy after you lug it around a while...probably didn't help that I got lost on the way here..." I look around, "Helloooo! Is anyone here?! I have a sword here that needs repurposing."

(I suck at starters, sue me XD)
    NPC Blacksmith
    Level 0 NOOB

Creating the Katana Empty Re: Creating the Katana

Post  NPC Blacksmith Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:42 pm

Hearing the sound of some one in his shop the old dwarf waddles his way to where he could see who was talking while stroking his beard. "You shouldnt yell so load my ears at still good." he said with a remark wondering what this person could want. hes been pretty booked with people wanting there weapons made in to some thing better. this person might be just the same but it was giving him a steady flow of income. he looked up at them with a gruff look.
    Loci
    Loci
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Loci Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:57 pm

"Ah a dwarf, that's a welcome sight, your people are famous for your work with the forge. I was worried that I'd have to settle for the work of a human. I have a job for you if interested." I motion towards the blade, "This blade and I are incompatable, I selected it simply for the large amount of steel that it has so that you wouldn't be shorted in that department. Tell me are you familiar with the build of a katana? If not then I'd be glad to tell you the basic idea behind it, though I'm sure that a dwarf would be educated in all manner of weaponry. The specs of the blade that I require is as follows; A 35 inch blade with a 14 inch Tsuka (handle) the Tsuka wrap is a piercing dark green. The width of the blade should be approximately 2.5 inches while the thickness is a half inch at most."
    NPC Blacksmith
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Blacksmith Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:34 pm

the dwarf looked at her stroking his beard raising a brow at her. her constant jibber jabber about the drawf race being better smiths was a good step in being a kiss ass.  still standing there he listens to her more coughing a little to clear some unwanted flem from his lungs and spitting to the side in some dirt. "you want a katana... well Missy... i know only the basics to those as my travel and the smiths of ventus being secretive of their creation. but i can make a knock off as your sword here.." he picks it up with little to no effort. "is only pig iron.... well iron but still not steel.  so your dream of a steel weapon would also cost you around 3000 gold... and from the looks of this you just came from the barracks so you only got about 1000 gold.  so your getting the best you can get and its still going to cost you about 500 gold... and i am not making any thing flashy... you can do your own decal on your own weapon. i just make you the basic of basic but other things you will have to do on your own i don't have time with all my orders to sit and personalize swords. your sword will be done in about an hour. but payment first i don't trust you." he said looking at her. he felt some thing off about her. he wasn't going to tell her that he was one of the best blacksmiths in town because he didnt like tooting his own horn.
    Loci
    Loci
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Loci Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:31 am

"Alright, payment first. You'll find that I'm no thief, and actually quite an honorable person. I understand the limitations in using this old blade to forge a new one as well. If you do a good enough job on this blade I'll be sure to come back for more of your services. Here is the gold and you already have the blade." I hand him the 500 gold. "Though I have to ask. Why is it that you have little trust for me? Is it just people in general that you don't trust or something about me personally?"
    NPC Blacksmith
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Blacksmith Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:18 am

(Sorry about any disconnect between this and the last npc post. This is also going to include a dialect change for Glaidus so he speaks as originally intended. Also, the last part about heading to the Outfitter's for rope or flint or the bottoms bag is mainly because Forty understands how to actually smith and posts pretty good posts for that, while I don't have much of a clue, all I can do is tell you what it is by looking at it, lol.)

Glaidus accepts the gold from you before answering your question. There're a few things that make me a wee distrustful, first bein' that ah've had people run off without payin' me. The second bein' that speak yer usin'. It sounds sophisticated, like the kinda speak them travelin' merchants use when tryin' ta get common folk ta buy some magical mystery cure-all that ain't more'n city water in a tinted glass bottle.

He then walks over towards the forge to start melting down the metal. Glaidus was always someone who didn't trust very easily, either he liked you from the start, or he took a while to gain his trust. Either way, whether he look it or not, he was a good person to try and get on the good side of. Anyways, if'n yer like the rest of the people that come here from the barracks, you'll be wantin' to head to the Outfitter's, if ya did that now, I'd likely be done with yer blade by the time ya got back. The popular buy seems ta be them newfangled Bottoms Backpacks.

Loci
    Loci
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Loci Wed May 13, 2015 1:54 pm

"Outfitters, yeah I'll head there, though first I need to find a local mage since I don't have any of my old spellbooks. Then I need to know how much about three drinks at the tavern would be. After I find that out, then I'll make my way to the outfitter. Also regarding the trust thing, I'm not here selling any sort of magic cure, just a girl looking to take on the world with her own two hands, I'll mainly be an adventurer, but I'll probably do a lot of medical work as well...or so I hope. That way I have experience with the medical field, and the mortician world. Jack of all trades when it comes to the human (and non human) body is my hopes."
    NPC Blacksmith
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Blacksmith Thu May 14, 2015 6:32 am

Glaidus was a bit wierded out by the mention of being good mortician wise but he answers her question.  Well, if you visit the Book of Life store, the local magic shop, ya won't need to visit anywhere else as things are pretty expensive there.  I've never seen them sell anything fer less than 1,000 gold, though ya never know with them elves, the prices seem to vary, but not usually fer the better.  As far as the drink it would depend on what ya order, probably anywhere from 2 gold a drink to 200 gold a drink.
    Loci
    Loci
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Loci Sat May 16, 2015 6:41 am

"There's no need to be frazzled over my former profession, at the time it was just the most logical choice. I came from a village that was stricken by plague, and thus people were needed to properly tend to the bodies. Regarding the Book of Life, I'll go take a look at it. May not buy anything, but materials aren't the only valuable things in this world. Knowledge is key after all. Going there will help me make a shopping list for the future. Anyways I shall return later for my blade. Thanks for the chat and service, you've been helpful. Oh and before I go, what's the name of the Tavern?"
    NPC Blacksmith
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Blacksmith Mon May 18, 2015 7:18 pm

Glaidus didn't overly buy her explanation but he wouldn't pry. Well, that's a vague question ain't it? There are tons a' taverns here in the biggest city in the world. What kind of tavern are ya lookin' for anyway? It would help me narrow the list down a bit. Glaidus could list off a few dozen taverns, but didn't figure that that would be too helpful.
    Loci
    Loci
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Loci Mon May 18, 2015 11:14 pm

"Well, I need a tavern that's semi-fancy, affordable, and discrete. I'm going to be taking someone there and I need to make a good impression on him. At the same time, I need to have enough privacy to talk about personal matters...wow that sounds like I need a place for a date...It's not a date though."
    NPC Blacksmith
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Blacksmith Tue May 19, 2015 8:29 am

Glaidus chuckles a bit at the last comment. Aye, that is what it had sounded like, it's a good thing that you said it wasn't or I would have directed ya to a tavern that would have given the other person the wrong idea. I guess that the best tavern for what you described would be The Bakunawa Moon, just outside of the Merchant's district at the corner of Arlin and Bakeham Street. Just be aware that some shady dealings go on there with some of the patrons. I also believe that the owner pays off someone so these patrons get left alone there.
    Loci
    Loci
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Loci Tue May 19, 2015 5:24 pm

"That sounds perfect, thank you for the info. I'll be off now, I look forward to seeing my blade when it's ready. Thank you once again, and if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask." With that I walk out of the Blacksmith Shop to make my way to The Book of Life shop.
    (Link to the book of life shop please?)
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Thu May 21, 2015 9:29 am

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:00 am