The Eighth Continent

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site is entering Beta testing stage.

4 posters

acquiring new weapon

Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Female Posts : 117

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/$150
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

acquiring new weapon Empty acquiring new weapon

Post  Enz Zziio Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:18 am

Enz walked into the blacksmith shop... the door closing behind her... she looked around the room... in her hand was a scroll... walking up to the blacksmith table her tail swaying back and forth... she places the scroll upon the table... and unrolls it upon the table...

"are you the person I seek to have this kind of weapon crafted?" enz said... placing down a pouch of glorious coins the resound shuffle of gold coins upon each other.

"iron will do good for the metal," Enz said.
    NPC Blacksmith
    Level 0 NOOB

acquiring new weapon Empty Re: acquiring new weapon

Post  NPC Blacksmith Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:31 am

The stocky old Dwarf behind the counter smiles as she comes in. Aye, I make the finest weapons in Mendefera I do.

Glaidus looks at the schematics for the weapon. Hm... Don't see many of these around these parts. Then again we don't see many of yer kind either. One could tell from the tone of his voice that he meant no disrespect in his comments.

I'll tell ya what. If you don't mind waitin for me ta make it then I won't charge ya for it. he says as he walks over to one of the forges and starts melting down some iron.
    Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enz Zziio Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:47 pm

Enz nodded as the dwarf spoke not minding his words, his tone showed no disrespect. "i can wait," enz said, slinging her money pouch back onto her belt.

enz walked over to the wall and leaned against it wrapping her tail around her lower legs crosssing her arms she watched the blacksmith at work... she herself was working in such a trade though her skill was nothing compared to this dwarf... perhaps she could pick up a few pointers by simply watching him... maybe ask a few questions...

raising a paw she pointed at his work, "I am working on being a blacksmith myself... im not very good yet... i was just wondering if you could tell me a few pointers for someone of my little skill..." enz asked before crossing her arms again watching him work.
    NPC Blacksmith
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Blacksmith Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:46 pm

Glaidus worked the iron weapon quickly as the reptilian watched him. he took his time drawing the blades out at each end over a anvil. listening to her talk about wanting to know more about the black smithing craft got him intrested. "really now. well i can give you a few pointers, for one don't stop improving. you can always make a weapon or armor stronger in some way." he was just about done with the weapon as he then took his small self to a grind stone and sharpped the swords two blades and handed the weapon over. "here take this weapon, i want you to come back some time and show me it with an upgrade done to it." he handed her weapon free of charge.
    Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enz Zziio Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:08 pm

listening to his as he spoke, she nodded, he was right... enz watched as he sharpened the weapon as he was nearly done with it. watching how he sharpened the blades...

when he was finally finished he handed the weapon over to enz, and told her to come back with it in time with an upgrade done to it, happily taking the newly forged weapon, "thank you, i will come back with an upgrade to it... i hope i wont disappoint you," she said before taking taking her leave after giving the dwarf a bow of respect.

closing the door behind her she looked over the weapon albite not as shiny as steel... but a fine iron weapon, made by a dwarf... "so.. i guess that makes it dwarven make" Enz joked with a gentle laugh...

strapping the weapon to her back she looked around and then at her pouch... where she then decided to head to the market... maybe she can find some materials traders brought in...
    Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

acquiring new weapon Empty smithing

Post  Enz Zziio Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:07 pm

Enz walked back into the shop of the dwarven blacksmith... dripping wet from the rain, "apologies for being so soaked and dripping all over your floors... but eh... well I made an upgrade to the weapon to increase durability... but I came across this man who taught me a few things... at the cost of my weapon..." she said putting the two blades and the handle upon the table...

"after that is repaired I was wondering if I can use your forge to make something" she said pulling out her busted sword, " I plan on smelting this down and then making an iron sword and practice my smithing skill upon it" she said lowering the thing back down at her waist...
    Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enz Zziio Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:44 pm

Enz gave glaius the voucher... where he then quickly got to work... eventually the weapon was fixed, thanking him and taking the weapon back all repaired like it was never broken...

Slinging her sword-staff to her back she thanked the blacksmith before then heading to the smelter… pulling out her busted sword, Enz cleaned the thing off of all impurities.. Stripping the handle of all noniron objects… where she then tossed the sword in the smelter and then pushed on the billows to raise the heat… where as soon… when the metal was melted she let it sit and cool… where she then pulled out two iron ingots…
    Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enz Zziio Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:05 pm

acquiring new weapon 3393708228 

Enz took the two iron ingots... having them heated she then slowly began to form a sword... she was making a short sword... beating the metal with the hammer upon the anvil, with resounding clanks and bangs as she worked the metal soon adding the second ingot... eventually enz formed a Iron sword... one that looks like a Gladius. now lightly tapping the iron sword getting it into the proper shape... soon after she then cooled off the weapon... setting the hammer down on the anvil she walked over to the crafting table...
    Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enz Zziio Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:09 pm

at the crafting table, enz grabbed a few tools and she began to work the handle of the sword... she was making it more fit so it sits in the hand better for more powerful swings, to do more damage... after a bit with the handle now fitting comfortably... keeping its rounded handle nature so it can easily spin in the hand like all gladius's are designed... she then began to polish the handle so it would slide in the hand better and feel comfortable... with that finished she looked over the handle with a smile...
    Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enz Zziio Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:37 pm

Enz then bought 8 iron ingots for 200 coins from the blacksmith and then 10 yards of leather from him for another 200 gold coins...

with the materials Enz reinforced the Short sword with the 8 iron ingots now making it weigh 10 pounds and increasing its durability... while the weapon was now heavier enz can now upgrade it with some features without worry of taking out too much of the durability... enz spinning the blade in hand to get use to the new feeling...
    Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enz Zziio Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:51 pm

enz then cut out a half square foot of leather and then put grooves in the handle to hold the leather better, where she then began to fit it and sew it TIGHTLY and firmly onto the handle... it would make for a softer fit... it would reduce the effort needed to swing the blade as it would be much easier on the hands. making sure the leather would never sue when the sword is used in combat, she held the blade out and swung lightly it a few times in the air to test the leather... where she then set it back down on the table ready to do something esle
    Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enz Zziio Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:53 pm

Enz then grabed a file... and then began to engave a serrated edge into one side of the blade, making sure they were 3/4 of an inch deep... these would do a number on a foe... hell the gladiators would love to have this iron sword after she was finished with it... hell to make it better all she had to do was temper it... but she did not know the method yet... if she tried now she just might ruin the blade instead...
    Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enz Zziio Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:05 am

enz looking over the blade she then took it to the sharpener and began to sharpen the blade to a fine edge, it would do as a fine weapon after this, might take out a bit durability but still... soon the weapon was nice and sharp, could always use improovment but that was good for now, enz then looked at the tip and thought maybe she can reangle that to be even better that before, and to get between that armor of hostiles.
    Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enz Zziio Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:09 am

Taking it back to the grinder and sharpener, enz began to reshape the tip, making it more pointed to be able to peirce more easily, by changing the angle to be shallower which allows it to slid in flesh or between plates of armor more easily... with that finished enz polished the blade to make it look nice, with that she took it back to the crafting table thinking what she can do next with the sword.
    Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enz Zziio Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:19 am

Enz looked at the back of the pummel and then decided that she can put a ball at the end. something a gladiator would love to have, they could use that tp bash in the foes skull instead of dulling their sword by missing and hitting the sand... which would wreck the edge... enz then carefully forged the ball onto the pummel of the sword, once finished she looked over the pummel ball and made sure it was strait and firmly built onto the sword... a mighty fine blunt weapon on the sword would make for a gnarly surprise...
    Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enz Zziio Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:34 pm

grabbing the file again, enz decides to start improving the serrations... holding the sword firmly serrated edges up anz carefully puts the file to the serrations adding more, a few more times and it could saw off some ones limb which would be a nice way to take care of a hostile... carfully and slowly she puts more serrations into it one by one, at a fine angle  alternating between sides to it cuts more cleanly... upon finishing that she blew the metal dust off and smiled before placing the weapon on her waist... it was getting late... she should call it a day...

heading out enz closed the door behind her and headed to the inn

+10 Smithing in total (1 is in another thread)
    Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enz Zziio Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:32 pm

enz walked back into the blacksmith and gave the dwarf a nod good morning, and asked him to use the forge, with an ok, she went right to work.

enz took the gladius to the grinder and began to put an edge on it... now better at working metals she was able to do a finer job at it (+2 dmg gain total) but she still lost as much durability as before... still now they seemed to be balanced out...

Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enz Zziio Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:38 pm

looking at the blade she then turned the sword and began to work on angling the edge again for more piercing capability... while this sword had less durability than her sword staff... it might as well be stronger after this... but she planed on smelting it down and making a long sword here in a few...

once she finished making the tip better she looked it over and made sure they were even on both sides...
    Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enz Zziio Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:14 pm

enz then took the sword and looked it over... then... she walked over to the smelter and tossed it in... looking back at the blacksmith... "I was only practicing on it... I getting the hang of it... might make a long sword now...

taking off her seasoned platemale... Enz tossed that in too... she should get 18 iron ingots out of these... plenty to do as she needs... soon after she took out 18 iron ingots where she brought it to the forge to begin working on
    Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enz Zziio Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:23 pm

Bringing it to the forge enz begins to smith herself a new armor... scale male... using five ingots she slowly and surely makes little scales of metal and interlinking them with the chainmale she made with it... this was a slow tedius task... after some time she had finished her iron scale male... this would indeed help her and not hinder her so much... too bad her natural scales did not provice the same protection but at least her scales were stronger than human, elvish, dwarven or the like's flesh.

13/18 iron left
    Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enz Zziio Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:43 pm

enz then begins to fordge a longsword a long gladius... it looks cooler than a long sword but it is literally the same damn thing as a long sword... using 5 iron ingots on the sword... although she used only 5 pounds worth the other things she had to do for the handle and pummel added another 3 pounds... once finished she looked long her long sword... it was a good iron weapon... now time to practice upon it... and make it better

8/18 iron left
    Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enz Zziio Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:04 pm

enz taking the long gladius she took 4 of the remaining iron left and began to forge it into the sword to increase its durability as well as its blunt damage by effect... making sure the weapon was still shaped normally tapping it into proper shape... she might try tempering the sword next... it would increase the weapons durability... by quite a lot... setting the hammer down enz walked over to the forge looking over her weapon and then at the forge and water trough...

4/18 iron left
    Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enz Zziio Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:13 pm

enz heated the weapon to malleable temperatures, slowly, watching the weapon become nice red hot... soon to white... picking the sword up with a clamp she then quickly pulled it out of the forge and then purposely dropped it into the water tough, the water quickly boiling off the weapon as it rapidly cooled down white quickly turning to red... red fading to nothing... and soon the boiling upon the blade stopped... and soon the weapon was cool enough to pick up... taking it out of the tough she tapped the sword... and it made a lovely ring... meaning it is twice the strength it once was...

Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enz Zziio Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:26 pm

Enz then began to work on the handle of the sword, refitting it so it fits better in her hands, so that she can swing more powerful blows, this would do for better combat, her iron sword was already quite amazing for its type... she might as well consider she mastered iron smithing, well till she learns that seven fold method, but for now this was the best she could do

60/60 square feet of leather left
    4 iron left

Last edited by Enz Zziio on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enz Zziio Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:29 pm

Enz took a half square foot of leather and began to fit it tightly to the handle... to make it easier to swing make it use less effort as the handle is now much more comfortable... the leather was typical brown, but she did not care... as long as it comfortable to swing she could swing it all day theoretically... anyway, swing it tight to the handle and making sure it would never move or slip making sure it was firm.

59/60 square feet of leather left
    4 iron left

Last edited by Enz Zziio on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:42 am