The Eighth Continent

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site is entering Beta testing stage.

+13
Taycee
Atlas Theophilus
Alexi Abramov
Remy Laroque
Koroseta Mauiliu
Kai Takeo
Lena Savicheva
Robbie Gauge
Mr. Von Ronsenberg
Sidney Hawkins
Avril Bellevue
Falabella Shire
Tokara Shire
17 posters

The Outfitter's (open to all.)

Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Female Posts : 260

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ coin 115380
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

The Outfitter's (open to all.) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Outfitter's (open to all.)

Post  Falabella Shire Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:50 pm

Falabella was not happy to be reentering this store.  Remembering the rules about no weapons, she looked down at her corset.  Now fully armed, it wouldn't be possible for her to hide them this time like her last visit.  Picketing her pony outside the doors, she takes off her corset and ties it to his halter, at least she still had the robe underneath, and if she made this a quick trip she shouldn't have to worry too much about someone stealing her pony and weapons.

With a deep sigh and much dread, she entered the Outfitters.  Immediately she saw him, standing behind his counter.  "Oh look, the fat stupid girl again.  I'm amazed they let you out alone."  Ignoring him was hard, but she needed to make this fast, her stuff was outside and Tokara was wounded with a stranger.  She quickly walked over to the rope.  Looking at it, she doubted it would be strong enough to haul such a heavy creature.  Next to the rope was a section on hunting supplies, and there she found something that seemed like it might work: Rope cored with metal wire.  She measured out 200 feet of it, and placed it on the counter.  

Knowing she'd have to come back anyways for more stuff later, she didn't bother grabbing anything else, no matter how much she wished to never come back.  "Just this."  "Oh my oh my, I'm shocked you can count, let alone to 200, or was the measurement just a fluke.  200 gold per 50' gives you the total of 800 gold, pay up before your stupidity catches and I stop being able to count too."

*Oh I'll count all right... 1 - the first knuckle, 2 - second knuckle, 3- 3rd knuckle, 4 - the bones in the hand, 5 - the wrist...*  thinking about every bone she would like to break on this man made her much happier.  She wouldn't do it of course... she wasn't evil, but the monks had taught her various ways of... protecting oneself and she had always liked extra lessons.. too bad she had to get them from less cultivated men than her teachers.  She placed the money on the counter and grabbed her rope, out the door before he could say anything more.  

Outside, her horse hadn't moved and her stuff was where she'd left it.  She put the rope down and started lacing up her corset once more, she'd feel much better armed.  Back in the saddle now, rope tied to her saddle, she heads to the stables, time to rent some more horses.

((Exit))
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Female Posts : 260

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ coin 115380
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

The Outfitter's (open to all.) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Outfitter's (open to all.)

Post  Falabella Shire Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:53 pm

Hearing what she'd said about a big metal creature confused Falabella, what was she talking about.  "Metal giant... huh?  I'm talking about the giant multi headed thing outside the gate...  Wait... there's something else headed for the city??  Great, hopefully they have more strong guys out there if they're gonna have to split the fighting between 2 monsters.  When I was coming in the gates a Hydra showed up following us.  But... moving past the dreary, I'm Falabella Shire, half Elf-half Sprite.  Please to meet you."  

Over her conversation she could hear the old man, and try as she may, she couldn't block him out with her talking, he seemed to have a very loud voice for such a frail looking old jerk.  "Oh looky here... did you forget you were already here?? Such a stupid girl, you were already here to buy rope, did you lose it?"  *I'd like to wrap you in that rope and dangle you as bait for the Hydra but I doubt it'd want to eat something so ugly* she thought to herself, careful to keep it inside or he might not sell to her again.  "Have a look around and try to ignore him or you may end up going crazy just like him."  

Falabella went shopping, grabbing 10 more Vials for her Herbs, a water skin, flint, and another 100' of the metal cored rope.  With all this in hand, she headed toward the counter, putting it all down.  "Since I know you can't count, the bill is 50g Vials, 50g Water skin, 25g flint, 400g rope, for a total of 525 gold."

*One day I'll see you pay you insane old man*  Fala paid the man and said to the woman, "I have to go to the Blacksmiths, Tailors, and Stables, you're more than welcome to join me to any of those places... but I'm getting out of here, I'll be outside getting ready if you wanna come."  With that, she left the Outfitters.

((EXIT))

Last edited by Falabella Shire on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Alexi Abramov
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ 500
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Alexi Abramov Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:18 pm

Alexi follows Falabella in and hears her talk about the old man who was outright rude. She finds a bottoms backpack, a folding pickaxe, a notebook and some writing utensils. She walks up to the old man after Falabella leaves and puts everything on the counter. "Ugh, you ugly old hag! You're uglier than my wife! Pay me the 500 gold and get the hell out before I go blind." Alexi stares at him in disbelief. She gives him the money and then leaves in a fluster in disbelief that he was so mean. As she heads for the door she has a bit of a tear in her eye.
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Male Posts : 376

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Exp 275/ Coin 33375
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:42 pm

Sidney walks into the Outfitter's and immediately hears the old man. YOU WHORE!!! Sidney frowns and just goes about his business while ignoring the demented old man. He picks up a high-quality sketch pad and some high quality writing utensils. He then picks up 2 coils of rope that are each 50 feet long. Feeling content with what he's picked up so far he goes to the counter to buy the items.

The old man tells him that it'll cost 400 gold and that he needs to teach his wife some of his whorish ways. Sidney frowns and then takes the gear and leaves to go meet up with Tokara. He had left quickly and had probably beaten Remy out of the shop by a good bit.
    Remy Laroque
    Remy Laroque
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Lv. 4 Next Rest! 100 exp/4.7k
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Remy Laroque Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:17 pm

Remy enters the shop and hears the keeper call Sidney a whore which makes Remy chuckle a little. Remy then sees Sidney rush through the store and check out. Remy grabs a coil of rope like Sidney had and he grabs six decks of cards. He then grabs some charcoal and chalk. He brings it up to the counter and is told that it will all come to 250 gold. He pays the man his money and then leaves to head to where Tokara was and he was hoping Sidney would be there too.
    Atlas Theophilus
    Atlas Theophilus
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 50 (Ready to lv.) /1050
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Atlas Theophilus Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:19 pm

As soon as Atlas steps foot into the Outfitter's he hears the old man start.  Hey you midget!  The circus left town a couple of months ago!

Atlas just shakes his head and immediately heads over to the area where the bottoms backpacks are.  He picks one up and then goes back to paying attention to Taycee to help her if she needs it as she was not familiar with the shop as he was.
    Taycee
    Taycee
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Taycee Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:48 pm

taycee walked in behind atlas, hearing the oldman spout off at him made he do a wtf face. once her foot walked in she sneezed again from the musty robes. then out of no where. "OY SHUT UP OVER THERE I CANT HEAR THE MIGET OVER YOUR LOUD VOICE!" the old man cried out and taycee just went leaned away and walked through the store. examining every thing she soon finds a Tailoring/Leatherworking Kit, taking that there was a book on the shelf. the book read on the cover, Animal Tracks and Capture Methods. taking one of these she then gets a coil of rope and a few sheets of paper and some charcoal to write with. after a little bit of hearing the old man rant some more about her being loud, she was by atlas and grabbed one bottoms backpack. she walked up to the counter waiting for the old man.

1 bottoms back, 1talior kit, one book on tracking animals, 1 coil of 50 feet of rope, 1 pad of paper, 1 thing of charcoal.
    Atlas Theophilus
    Atlas Theophilus
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Atlas Theophilus Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:57 pm

Atlas walks over to the old man with the backpack as well. He sets it on the counter. It's 575 for the loudmouth's gear and it's 250 for the midget! Atlas doesn't say a word and just hands the man 825 gold out of his 2000 leaving him with 1175 gold ledt. Let's get out of here C, anywhere you need to go next? Atlas waits to see if C needs to go anywhere else before leaving though.
    Taycee
    Taycee
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Taycee Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:15 pm

taycee watched atlas pay for her gear. putting it all in to the bottoms and tied it around her waist she walked out and took out the pad, and charcoal. she jotted down some thing on the pad quickly. her hand writing was small and conserved paper, but it was easy to read. ~thank you for buying my items but you didn't need to my name is taycee, also i need some more arrows and a better bow.~ her busted longsword could also use a touch up but mostly her bow.
    Atlas Theophilus
    Atlas Theophilus
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Atlas Theophilus Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:28 pm

It's no big deal. I don't need a lot of money for my equipment. he says. For weaponry the next stop would be Glaidus. He's an old Dwarf. A nice guy too, IF you don't try to cross him. He used to be a general in the guard back in the day and was quite the war hero I've heard.

GLAIDUS IS A PANSY!!!

Atlas shakes his head, Let's get out of here so we don't have to listen to him. His false ramblings are starting to get annoying.

(Exit)
    Atlas Theophilus
    Atlas Theophilus
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Atlas Theophilus Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:42 pm

Atlas enters the shop again and picks up two first aid kits. He walks over to the counter where the old man is waiting and rambling about him being a midget again. Atlas ignores him and waits to hear what the price of the kits come to. The old man says that they come to a total of 300 gold. Atlas pays the old man the 300 gold and then exits the building to head back towards Glaidus' shop.
    Dani Ambrose
    Dani Ambrose
    Level 1

Post  Dani Ambrose Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:11 pm

Dani walks into the Outfitter's and gathers an Herbalism for Dummies kit, a Sewing kit for the needle that was in it more than anything else, and a bottoms backpack. She then walks up to the counter and the man cowers a little. What are you?! Please just give me the six hundred gold and then leave. Dani looks at him oddly and then shrugs. She pays him the 600 gold of the 1000 that she had on her and then she leaves. The old man still looks frightened.
    Enye Nguvu
    Enye Nguvu
    Level 1

Male Posts : 32

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/$750
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enye Nguvu Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:44 pm

Enye stepped into the shop. It wasn't much to look at and the back of his throat tickled as the dust surrounded him. The Minotaur coughed a few times into the crook of his arm. "Pets aren't aloud in my shop!" He heard the guy at the counter yell in his direction. He hadn't even noticed the shopkeeper. Whoops. Enye shot him a glare as he began to search through the gear. He found a Bottoms Backpack and immediately picked it up. He was definitely going to need one of these. "How much?" He said as he approached the counter and laid down the backpack. "250 gold if you take your hideous hide elsewhere." The shopkeeper said with a crude half-smile. Enye gladly paid the 250 out of 1000 that he had. He wanted to be out of that shop just as much as the owner seemed to want him out. As he was about to step out of the door, the Minotaur turned his head slightly. "You might wanna check your things for fleas. I'm feeling a lot less itchy." With a wink, he walked through the door.

(exit)
    Mor Sharog
    Mor Sharog
    Level 1

Post  Mor Sharog Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:40 pm

Mor walks into the Outfitter's and is immediately harrassed by the shopkeeper but she ignores him as she picks up a bottoms backpack, flint and a leatherworking kit. She then goes to the counter and doesn't bother trying to haggle with the ass. She pays 550 gold which seemed a little high to her but she didn't say anything about it, as she takes the material and leaves. That shopkeep had seemed completely off in the head as he was calling her things that she wasn't.
    Enye Nguvu
    Enye Nguvu
    Level 1

Male Posts : 32

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/$750
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enye Nguvu Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:13 pm

Enye walked into the store, smiling at the shopkeeper. "Did yah miss me? " He felt the shopkeeper glare harshly as he and his new friend stepped inside. "I thought I told you that pet's weren't allowed here?" The shopkeeper said, obviously disgusted by both of them. "Yes, youve mentioned it. But until im on a leash," Enye moved in close to the shopkeep, trying to look big and tough in front of his new friend. "im nobody's pet " The grouchy old man was unfazed by the Minotaur and simply rolled his eyes. "If you money wasn't good, I'd kick you from my store. Get what you need and get out. "
    Nzuri Asubuhi
    Nzuri Asubuhi
    Level 0 NOOB

Female Posts : 10

Post  Nzuri Asubuhi Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:16 pm

Nzuri was a bit offended at the words of the mean shopkeeper but she kept her mouth shut. She carefully moved her body around the shop, trying to avoid knocking anything over and giving the man a reason to kick them out. All the while, she could feel the grumpy man's eyes glaring at her. The centaur finally found the bag she was looking for and picked it up, looking over to her friend to verify that this was the right item. She soon felt a slight sense of dread as she realized that she would have to interact with the shopkeeper if she wanted to buy this bag. She nervously walked up to his counter and placed the bag on it, avoiding eye contact.
    "I like your friend. She's quite. Too bad shes an animal." The shopkeeper still frowned at Nzuri. "250. " He said in a cold tone. Nzuri quickly put 250 gold on the counter and removed the bottoms bag in exchange, nodding politely at the merchant before turning and rushing out the shop.

(Both exit topic)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:01 pm