The Eighth Continent

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site is entering Beta testing stage.

+13
Taycee
Atlas Theophilus
Alexi Abramov
Remy Laroque
Koroseta Mauiliu
Kai Takeo
Lena Savicheva
Robbie Gauge
Mr. Von Ronsenberg
Sidney Hawkins
Avril Bellevue
Falabella Shire
Tokara Shire
17 posters

The Outfitter's (open to all.)

Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Male Posts : 349

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Lv. 6 next rest 0 exp/ coin 294500
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

The Outfitter's (open to all.) Empty The Outfitter's (open to all.)

Post  Tokara Shire Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:12 pm

Tokara busted open the door it would seem like his sword outside the door. Because of the owner of the shop had a sign saying leave all weapons outside. Obeying a little bit of the law tokara walked in and the owner of the shop was an old man who was sitting there waiting for tokara to put some stuff in front of him.

Tokara would rouse around the shop grabbing things he would need. He found a folding pickaxe and a coil of rope in his search of the well sorted and stocked shop. Going to the counter he then saw the famous imp skin backpack, bottoms backpacks so he grabbed on of them. He looked at the old man and the old man put a cooking pot in front of him. Rising an eye brow the old man said. “you need eat more you to skinny.” Tokara just looked at him funny. “uhhh ok how much is this all.” The old man looked at the stuff. “550 gold” tokara would almost swallow his tongue because of the price.”
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Female Posts : 260

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ coin 115380
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

The Outfitter's (open to all.) Empty Re: The Outfitter's (open to all.)

Post  Falabella Shire Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:34 pm

Having the needles weaved into her leather, she didn't care to take them out before entering, they probably wouldn't even be seen anyways. She doesn't want to leave Tokara out of her sight too long, so she walks right in. finding him with her eyes, she notes what he is buying *Seems like he's not fooling around at least*

She sees the old man, he looks like he could be in the grave any moment, how old was he? He was looking at her... "You too fat." He looks at Tokara, "Put her on diet." Tokara doesn't seem to mind this in general seeing how he smiled at her... *oh how evil is he going to be?*

Browsing the Herbalism section, she sees a Herbalism for Dummies Kit, containing an Herbalism booklet, Mortar and Pestal, 10 Vials, and an Herb Root Cutter knife. *sweet just what i need* Grabbing a Bottoms Backpack on her way to the counter, she places her kit and pack to buy. The old man sees her kit, "Oh you stupid" Speaking to Tokara again "Nevermind. she need brain food, no diet" Falabella was barely able to withstand his comment about her weight, which was PERFECT!... but saying she was stupid.... ohh buddy... *you blind old shit... I'd prove myself to you... but you never piss off someone who can affect your money... grr...* "How much" she managed to to keep her anger from her voice.

"250 for the kit, 250 for the pack. 500, since you too stupid to count" Grabbing the total, trying not to grumble under her breath, she hands over the money and grabs the stuff off the counter, fuming and almost leaving, but staying inside until Tokara leaves.
    Avril Bellevue
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ coin 50850
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Avril Bellevue Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:28 pm

Avril entered the shop and sees her least favorite shopkeeper. She walks around and picks up a needle, some string, a pair of scissors, some bandages, and a Bottoms Backpack because both Falabella and Tokara had. She then grabs one more thing, a book that is in an old language. She walks to the counter to purchase the gear. "I remember you, you're that poor girl." Avril rolls her eyes at the old mans typical antics. "I don't know if you can afford it, but it's 600 gold. You can try to work your way out of the cost but it won't work. It's 600 gold and not a cent less."

Avril pays the man and puts everything in the bag. She can't stand this man and now she has to wait here for Sidney to show up. She goes and waits near the door because of how eager she is to leave.
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Male Posts : 376

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Exp 275/ Coin 33375
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:53 pm

Sidney enters after a short while. The first thing he does is hand the arrow shafts to Falabella before going off and rummaging through the store for what he needed. "Just so you all know, I found a quest that would probably be pretty good for us to do. Sounds pretty easy and the reward isn't too bad." As he finishes saying that he picks up one of the legendary Bottoms Backpacks, a coil of rope, some flint, a first aid kit, a paper and pencil, and some trail mix. He puts it on the counter. The old man looks at him funny. "You look familiar. That'll be 475." Sid then pays the man and takes his gear. "Wait, I know who you are! GET OUT OF MY SHOP YOU WHOOOOOOORE!!!" Sid looks at him like he's retarded.
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:09 pm

Suddenly the doors burst open and a pale man who is dressed fashionably and has a top hat with aviator goggles around the top comes in the shop. "Whore you say? Where is she, I'm always in need of a good whore." The old man points at Sid. "There she is!" Mr. Von Ronsenberg walks over to Sid. "After a quick inspection I have come to the conclusion that she is indeed a he. That is not the kind of whore I am in search of." He then notices the notice that Sid is holding. "Oh, quite intriguing. You wish to take up my quest. Important that is. Lucky for you my chap, I've saved you the trouble of finding me. After all, I am the one and only Friedrich Von Ronsenberg."

"This quest is of much importance as I've outlined in the notice. The plan that I wish to see in action is that in which you sneak up to the watch at night and stay until dawn. Once dawn breaks, you should scour the perimeter of the SeaWatch for any methods or entrances the bandits may have used to enter unnoticed. Once you have completed your inspection and come to a deduction as to how they successfully took the SeaWatch, you are to report back to me and then I shall reward you and may even give you a second quest. Is that clear chap? Also you may take three or four people with you and they will all be rewarded upon completion, however any more and you will risk being spotted. Anyways, I must be off now chap, I've got to find a REAL whore, you understand. Brothels don't build themselves you know." As he finishes talking Mr. Von Ronsenberg leaves with a smug smile of confidence on his face.
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Male Posts : 349

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Lv. 6 next rest 0 exp/ coin 294500
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:22 pm

tokara ear perked up at the sound of a man saying hes looking for a whore. “What there brothel here!” saying this after the oddly dressed man left. Tokara then paid his 550 in gold to the old man. He grabs his stuff and looks at sidney. “whatever you picked up if we complete this we have to come back right! Good explain it on the way he might give us a free brothel token.” Tokara said this with enthusiasm this was not a good sign. “man it would be good to get a bit wet. Falabella you have no say in this matter.” With these words tokara was out the door and grabbed his sword he was ready for adventure in to the brothel, good thing he didn’t know where it was. So he would have to settle for going on a quest to the east, to do some tower watching quest.

(left topic with a new goal in mind.)
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Female Posts : 260

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ coin 115380
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:35 pm

Hearing the shop keeper call Sidney a whore was so funny she almost burst out laughing. It appeared that the old man saw the opposite of what was true somehow, interesting. The a random dress man comes in looking for a What?! *Shit Shit Shit* Then the dreaded word came up.. the one word she would avoid in Tokara's presence at all costs... 'brothel' *Oh shit...* she looks at his face... the look of antisipation is almost funny... if it didn't piss her off so much. He starts going on and on, she rolls her eyes when he mentioned she wouldn't get a say. "Oh you think so huh?? I will make sure you don't get laid for the next twenty years if you push me!! I Dare You!"

Barely able to acknowledge that the quest sounded interesting, and it did. Fuming, she ran after Tokkara, stuffing her new equipment into her pack as she ran out the door, making sure he hadn't followed that Man to his... workplace... *I can't even THINK the word!*
    Avril Bellevue
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ coin 50850
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Avril Bellevue Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:39 pm

Avril was rather taken aback by this all. She was not all that used to hearing the terms whore and brothel. She had heard about Mr. Von Ronsenberg though. Him and her father had been friends and business partners. She sees Tokara's reaction to the word brothel and is kind of disappointed in him with his reaction. She leaves out behind an irate Falabella and prepares herself to go out on the road again.

(Exit.)
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Male Posts : 376

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Exp 275/ Coin 33375
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:53 pm

Sidney is fuming with the old man when Ronsenberg walks in. It's truly a stroke of luck, for him at least, that Ronsenberg showed up. It saved the group a trip across the city. It was an interesting plan for the quest that Ronsenberg had laid out. After he left Sid noticed how excited Tokara was at the prospect of .... 'enjoying' the services of a brothel. After everyone had left Sid shakes his head a bit, "Seems I might have to have a man to man talk with him about brothels and STDs." As he leaves Sid thinks one thought to himself. 'I probably ought not mention that from what I've heard, he owns several local brothels.'

"Talkin about brothels, I knew it, BEGONE YOU WHOOOORE!" yells the old man as Sid goes out of sight.

(That would be my exit)
    Robbie Gauge
    Robbie Gauge
    Level 1

Post  Robbie Gauge Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:06 am

Robbie walks into the Outfitter's after an hour of so of wandering around lost. As he enters, the old man behind the counter looks him over. "Oh, another weak, weak man. Are you here to buy crutches?" Robbie ignores the shop keeper. He looks around for some gear, first grabbing a First Aid Kit, then a bottoms backpack. He continues mulling around the store looking at, and touching stuff he has no intention of buying. He then sees a rope and grabs that too before going back to checking everything else in the store.
    Lena Savicheva
    Lena Savicheva
    Level 1

Female Posts : 153

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ 1000
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Lena Savicheva Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:22 am

Lena opens the the door to The Outfitters. Immidiately, a glimmer appears in her eyes upon spotting the cosmetic section. "Ooooh, pretty!" she exclaims, heading that direction.

The old man sitting across the front counter lets out a guffaw upon spotting Lena. "You think make-up can fix that!? Your waisting you time; there is no relief for a face that ugly!" he scoffs at the young woman.

From across the room, Lena gives the man dagger eyes. "Silence, you foolish old man and show some respect to your customers! It seems to be your lucky day. Thank the gods you are behind the safety of that counter top." Lena barks, a scowl forming upon her lips. None the less, she gathers a 50 coin make-up kit complete with a cherry red lipstick, pink blush, an eye liner, and maskara for her Actress skill and walks over to the tailoring section.

Last edited by Lena Savicheva on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kai Takeo
    Kai Takeo
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Kai Takeo Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:48 am

*Why are all the doors in this city so low?* Kai thinks to himself as he is forced to bend almost in half to fit through the doorway. Upon entering he heard the shop keeper saying some odd things to Lena... no one would call her ugly... even as an insult it was meaningless since she was actually pretty.

"Oh My! You are So Beautiful! If you weren't so short, you'd be just my type," states the old man as he starts winking at Kai. *Is this old man ok? Is he just demented, or does he have a medical problem?* Kai is actually rather worried for the old man, but doesn't dignify his obvious confusion with a response.

Kai looks around the store, at his height he could see the general areas without walking around too much. He heads to the Herbalism section and grabs the Kit he will be needing. He heads over to the First Aid section, meeting Lena in the Tailoring section on the way. "He doesn't seem right... Should we bring him to a hospital?"
    Lena Savicheva
    Lena Savicheva
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Lena Savicheva Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:29 am

Crossing her arms over her chest, Lena turns to Kai, the scowl never leaving her face. "If he makes one more comment about my appearance, we definitely shall." she growls, pouting.
    The old man's comment to Kai almost made her crack a smile, almost. Lena tippy toes to reach Kai's right ear, signaling him to bed over a bit. "I think he's crazy." she whispers softly into the Minotaur's ear, then turned to grab a 100 coin tailoring kit, complete with thread, needles, scissors, and a seam breaker. Lena then begins to make her way to the personal care section to take add a 100 coin first aid kit to her collection.

However, her course is interrupted when she spots the only other shopper besides Kai and herself in the store.

Lena struts up to him, giving the stranger a sly, flirtatious smile as she eyes his body bottom to top until finally making eye contact.
    She bats her eye lashes, "Sorry to be a bother, Handsome, but do you know where I could locate an imp skin backpack? Perhaps you can be a dear and fetch one for me?" she asks, fully knowing what the object's whereabouts were.

Robbie Gauge
    Robbie Gauge
    Level 1

Post  Robbie Gauge Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:06 pm

The shirtless, yet clean and fit Robbie sees Lena and Kai walk into the shop. The only thing stylish on him are his pants which have a dragon on each side of the legs. He is struck by Lena's beauty immediately. He quickly turns his head and goes back to checking the shops items out. 'I must not let her beauty distract me. Hopefully if I do not look at her she will just pass by. No, she definitely will. Who would walk up to a stranger and randomly talk to them... Other than me?' As he finishes that he hears footsteps. Someone is coming towards him.

He looks towards the sound and sees that it is the beautiful young woman that had walked in earlier. She looks him over before asking where she could find an imp skin backpack and then asked if he could get her one. "Surely I can retrieve one for you Milady. It just so happens that I have one right here. It was intended to be mine, go ahead and take it though. I can always go and get myself another." After having spoken extremely politely to Lena, Robbie does a slight bow before going and getting himself another Bottoms Backpack.

He makes his way up to the counter and is immediately heckled by the old man. "You don't want to buy that stuff. You want to buy a bodyguard to protect your brittle body."

Robbie frowns and just looks back at the old man. "How much is it?"

The old man looks at him and thinks. "400 Coins!"

Robbie pays the old man and the old man looks at the money. "Hold on, I need to count it. Dishonest people like you can't be trusted."
    Kai Takeo
    Kai Takeo
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Kai Takeo Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:42 pm

Kai hadn't thought he would meet Robbie again so soon, I guess this was the main store to buy for people recently recruited. Watching Lena play Robbie had been amusing and odd, did he look like that when he helped her out? Like some lovestuck calf? Or at least that was what Robbie looked like.

Kai only hoped he could get out of the store before Lena tried to send the old man to the hospital by force... He grabbed a First Aid Kit and grabbed a Cooking Pot and Water skin on his way to the counter with his Herbalism Kit. "Hello again Robbie" he says to the man... while trying to ignore the shop keepers comments... something about "You're so sexy I should give you a discount but then I couldn't make rent, Sorry Cutie. It'll be 450 gold, Sweet Cheeks"

Kai Handed him the money quickly, wanting to leave as soon as possible. But he wouldn't leave Lena to start trouble. "Is there anything else you can think of needing Lena?"

((450 is provided the Water Skin is 50g))
    Lena Savicheva
    Lena Savicheva
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Lena Savicheva Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:54 pm

Lena smirks to herself. Seems to be that she has found a new target to play with. Kai is safe from her... For now.
    "How convenient. Many thanks, sweetie." she replies, giving him a wink.
    Lastly, Lena picks up a first aid kit and heads to the counter.
    "No, Kai, this will be all. I won't keep you waiting long." she replies to her friend, giving him a mischievous look. She was going to be at it again.
    Her facial expression changes to something more innocent when she turns to face him.
    "Ooh, so Robbie is your name! Cute, I like it." Lena complements him in an attempt to make small talk while the old store owner counted the currency.
    Robbie Gauge
    Robbie Gauge
    Level 1

Post  Robbie Gauge Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Robbie sees how Lena is acting and starts to think that his chivalrous behavior, which was customary for him, was being mistaken for love. It was true that she was beautiful, and to him distractingly so, but this was not why he was being, and would continue to be so polite. Meanwhile the old man finishes counting and motions for Robbie to leave as he continues staring with a smitten expression at Kai. Robbie acknowledges Kai with a slight wave and then backs away from the counter with a question forming in his head.

Judging from their gear it would appear as though they were going to head out on the road. Whether it was together or not he didn't know. "Do either of you have any battle skills?" was all he asked.
    Kai Takeo
    Kai Takeo
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Kai Takeo Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:59 pm

Kai remembers the last time he ws in battle, and his expression turns cold, but his eyes turn sharp. His last 'Battle', if it could be called that, was with his family. Fighting for control of his emotions, he manages to calm down before speaking. "My lasst battle wouldn't be something I would want to repeat. I am mostly a healer. I would prefer not hurting others... but will when necessary."

Will this shop keeper stop making Doe-eyes at him! It was disturbing... He wouldn't mind getting out of this shop, but these were the first people he talked to in so long, he didn't want to end the conversation yet.
    Lena Savicheva
    Lena Savicheva
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Lena Savicheva Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:20 am

Lena looks at Kai then back to the old man. She snickers; it was imposible to not laugh at him being called "sweet cheeks". But the humor didn't last long.

Drawing his attention away from Kai for a second, the old man turned to Lena "Instead of buying this stuff you should be saving for a face transplant, lady!"

With only a glare at the elderly man, Lena threw 500 coins on the counter. She put away all her belongings into her new Bottoms Backpack and wore it on her back. Lena was already half way to the door when she heard the question.

"As for me, I am a Water Mage." she simply added to Kai's statement, and continued walking to the exit. She gave one last nasty look at the bitter cashier then back to the two which she was speaking to. "Well, shall we continue this elsewhere, gentleman?" she asked, having one foot out the door already."Watch your back, you old fart." She sneered at the elderly man, leaving Kai and this acquaintance of his to follow behind.

(Topic Exit)
    Robbie Gauge
    Robbie Gauge
    Level 1

Post  Robbie Gauge Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:54 am

Robbie follows Lena out of the shop thinking about Kai's response. 'Kai seems to be a rather deep individual. When he speaks of battle his voice projects pain. Truly, something horrible must have happened to him in the past.' He then turns his thoughts to the mention of healing and a water mage. 'Well, it's a good mix of skills. I suppose that I shall inquire more upon our exit of this imbecile's shop. I swear, if I were to stay here for too long I would end up either going crazy or killing that man even though it is against my views.'

(Exit)

(Village Street topic next?)
    Lena Savicheva
    Lena Savicheva
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Lena Savicheva Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:57 pm

(Yeah, if yall wanna start on it, go ahead c: its lookin like im not getting home till nightime D: )
    Kai Takeo
    Kai Takeo
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Kai Takeo Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:45 pm

*Oh, Thank you, we made it out without her doing more than a simple verbal warning* Kai starts heading to the door and shudders as he hears the old man talking again. "Hey I'll sell you some high heels, then I'll take you out somewhere nice, what do ya say??"

*Ignore it... ignore it... Maybe he really should go to a hospital... Not my problem* Kai walks out the door, finally able to get away from that deranged old man. He only felt a little guilty for leaving someone who may need actual medical help. But he couldn't force himself to go back in there and go through that again...

((Exit topic))
    Koroseta Mauiliu
    Koroseta Mauiliu
    Level 4

Female Posts : 366

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 21290 Gold
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Koroseta Mauiliu Sat May 11, 2013 7:31 pm

Koroseta goes into the Outfitter's grabs a bottoms backpack and a folding pickaxe and then goes up to the counter to pay.

The old man laughs at her, "Well, ain't you a dainty little twig, innocent looking too. If that's all then it'll be 450 gold, 200 for the pickaxe and 250 for the pack.

Koroseta takes her gear and the gives the old man the finger as she leaves his shop. She didn't know what was wrong with him and didn't want to find out.
    Koroseta Mauiliu
    Koroseta Mauiliu
    Level 4

Female Posts : 366

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 21290 Gold
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Koroseta Mauiliu Tue May 14, 2013 9:08 pm

Koroseta hated returning to this shop with how idiotic the owner was. She immediately goes over to the rope and grabs a coil of it and brings it to the counter. She pays the 50 gold at the counter and then hears him say something about it being kinky. As Koroseta leaves Koroseta once again gives the old man the finger as she leaves the store. Now she is about to head of the the blacksmith workshop to buy some iron bars and work on making some bolos.
    Remy Laroque
    Remy Laroque
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Lv. 4 Next Rest! 100 exp/4.7k
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Remy Laroque Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:22 pm

Remy enters the shop. He picks up an herbalism kit and then a bottoms backpack and then 5 packs of playing cards before he heads to the counter. The man says something about Remy being fat and ugly and that it all came to 550 gold. Remy pays him using the pouch of money that Ronsenberg had given him and 50 gold from the 1000 gold that he got from the barracks. Remy takes all of the items he had bought and then leaves the outfitters with a blacksmith's shop being his next destination.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:34 pm