The Eighth Continent

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site is entering Beta testing stage.

2 posters

Gauging the Situation

Robbie Gauge
    Robbie Gauge
    Level 1

Gauging the Situation Empty Gauging the Situation

Post  Robbie Gauge Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:02 pm

Robbie has just entered the City gates of Mendefera. He walks a little way into the city and looks around. This was by far the biggest city Robbie had ever been in. Robbie doesn't know what to do next so he stops on the side of the street and starts practicing his Martial Arts. This is almost a form of meditation for him as his body can pretty well go on auto-pilot while training.

As people walk by some stop to watch him briefly before continuing on their ways. As of right now Robbie is mostly using shadow attacks out of the Forward and Horse Stances which are basic stances. Only on brief occasions does he go into the Backward stance as the weight distribution is not ideal for multiple offensive strikes. After he was finished practicing offensive maneuvers for a while, he shifted his stance to an Angolan Capoeira Stance which has steady movement which makes one a difficult target to strike and sets one up for unpredictable strikes.

Gauging the Situation 3835951628 Gauging the Situation 2826187889 (H2H)

Last edited by Robbie Gauge on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Gauging the Situation Empty Re: Gauging the Situation

Post  Npc Captains Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:08 pm

A member of The City Guard spots Robbie training. The city guard walked up to Robbie, there was a notice in his hands. As he stopped in front of the new fighter he began to read it. “Sir due to the lack of able bodied guard, we are here by recruiting every able body being to take up arms against the masses of monster stirred up by recent events. This order was given by the peacekeepers.” The guard then lowered the notice so he could look at Robbie. Reaching in to a pouch he pulled out an odd looking token, handing it towards Robbie. “This token will get you some basic armor and weapons from the armory down the road, as well as some gold coin given for enlisting in to the recruitment army. If you have any questions please ask the barrack captain. He will have more details any questions you may have.” The guard would then walk back up the street in search of more recruits.

Robbie Gauge
    Robbie Gauge
    Level 1

Post  Robbie Gauge Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:54 am

Robbie stops training as the guard comes over to him. He then listens to what the guard has to say and is handed a token. After the guard leaves he looks at the token, "This is surely an interesting opportunity to make a name of myself. I do not need armor or weapons, but I could use some money, and it would be interesting to see what the Captain's of this guard are like. Perhaps they can teach me some of their fighting wisdom to help me out when I am on the road." After saying that aloud Robbie starts walking over towards the Barracks.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content