The Eighth Continent

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site is entering Beta testing stage.

2 posters

Near the Trading Post Lost (Alexi, Falabella + Open)

Alexi Abramov
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ 500
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Near the Trading Post Lost (Alexi, Falabella + Open) Empty Near the Trading Post Lost (Alexi, Falabella + Open)

Post  Alexi Abramov Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:20 pm

Alexi makes her way towards the Trading Post having no clue where a general store would be. She hovers along a couple of inches off from the ground and eventually she is in a place where she is no longer being stared at. Everyone is staring in the same direction. She can't see much over the crowd so she levitates a bit higher and sees a dead horse killer and some people talking near it. She lowers herself back to a couple of inches off from the ground and continues looking for the store. It is obvious that she has no clue where whatever she is looking for is.
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Female Posts : 260

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ coin 115380
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Near the Trading Post Lost (Alexi, Falabella + Open) Empty Re: Near the Trading Post Lost (Alexi, Falabella + Open)

Post  Falabella Shire Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:34 pm

Falabella had just left her brother's side and was making her way out of the crowd when she saw a woman floating without wings.  This caught her attention enough to head over to the woman and start a conversation.

"Hello, nice ability you have there... though I personally like flying with my wings even if they do draw attention sometimes..."  Looking around at the few stragglers who were looking at this woman also she added, "But I guess you're used to that too."  Fala was in a very good mood, she'd just gotten a boatload of money and was away from that greedy man, even if she was parted from her dear brother.  At least she knew she'd see him again shortly.  

"If you're looking to see what's going on up there you'd better hurry, they're about to start dismantling that creature."  Thinking this woman was just a curious bystander, she felt she could at least tell her to hurry. She had been looking around though and not toward the 'horsekiller group', maybe she was looking for someone or something and thought someone in a crowd could help her. Falabella knew that feeling well as she was always looking for Tokara... but he was usually pretty easily found due to his height. "Or are you looking for something else?"
    Alexi Abramov
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Near the Trading Post Lost (Alexi, Falabella + Open) Empty Re: Near the Trading Post Lost (Alexi, Falabella + Open)

Post  Alexi Abramov Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:46 pm

As Alexi was wandering by a short girl came up to her and commented about her flying and then mentioned about having wings. She then said about them getting ready to dismantle the creature and then asked if it was something else that she had been looking for. "Thanks for the compliment." She says referring to the comment about her ability. She cringes a little at the mention of dismantling the creature.

"I'm actually looking for a general store. I need to pick up some supplies. I hadn't planned on coming to the city but I had to because of the big monster that was headed towards the city. She was referring to the Talos but Falabella would likely think she meant the Hydra.
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:13 pm

Falabella cringed at the mention of the general store.  "You want the Outfitters... though 'want' is a loose term.  He's got a little bit of everything even if he is insane.  I have some stuff to grab there also so I'll lead you there."  She starts her pony walking through the street, heading for a different part in the Merchant's District.  She never wanted to see that old man again, but she probably would again and again unless someone took him away and locked him up or someone opened another store with as much stuff... which she doubted.

Thinking about the giant creature she'd mentioned, she figured she must mean the Hydra at the gates... but if she'd been ahead of it, then they should have seen her run by ahead of them before they got into the city.  Oh well, maybe she'd taken a different way in or something.  "The guards here are supposed to be very well trained, they should have that Hydra dead soon enough.  I haven't heard any great commotion since it appeared at the gate anyways at least so they must be holding it off if it isn't dead yet."

They had arrived at the Outfitters by this time.  With an inner sigh, "Here we are... I'm going to try to make this quick, this old man pisses me off very much. Weapons aren't allowed in here, so remove or hide any you got."  Fala dismounted and took off her corset since and she had so many weapons in her corset it took less time to undress than it did to remove them all, tying it through her reins so it wasn't removable and picketing Arakot to a post.  "Now Ara... bite anyone who comes near you unless it's me or Tokara."  Arakot huffed into her hands, butting his head on hers, he liked her attitude and might have bit anyone anyways after being around the horse killer smell for so long.
    Alexi Abramov
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Alexi Abramov Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:00 pm

As they get to the Outfitter's Alexi realizes what Falabella had said about the Hydra. Hydra? There is no way that the metal giant I saw was a hydra. Regardless you're right, the guards can handle it. Please don't be offended about my asking but you have wings, what race are you exactly? Her confusion could be understood there were not many like Falabella in public places. Alexi stopped levitating outside of the shop as she wanted to walk into the building. Sometimes the unevenness of the entrance of businesses were troublesome because of the sudden rise and then drop of the doorway.
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:35 pm

Sighing with relief, Falabella walked out of the Outfitters. She reached her pony at the picket fence and unwound her corset from his reins. Carefully putting it back on, she made sure not to poke herself with the Damaging Needles weaved through it.

Putting her new items into her Bottoms Backpack, she mounts Ara and thinks about where she has to go from here. Wondering if her new friend would stick with her for a bit longer or not.
    Alexi Abramov
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Alexi Abramov Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:36 pm

As Alexi exits the Outfitter's a tear can be seen running down her cheek.  She was not used to people being that rude.  She puts the pickaxe away and then takes out her notebook.  She puts pencils away and keeps one out.  She levitates the pencil and writes via levitation in the notebook about how mean the man was and notes to avoid coming here again if she could.  She then levitates the pencil over the bag and drops it in. I... I suppose it would be nice to go to the Blacksmith's.  I'm not too fond of mining but it's one of the best ways to make money.  I'm sure the smith could tell me a place I could mine.  she says.  Oh, and my name is Alexi.  People call me Lex, Lexi or Alexi. You can call me whatever you want... within reason.
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:52 pm

*Crap*  Seeing the tear run down her face, Falabella felt guilty for bringing her to the Outfitters, maybe she should have explained what seems to be that old man's problem more.  "Sorry about that old jerk, but so far as I've seen, it appears that he thinks the opposite of what is real... he calls me fat and stupid... he called another friend of mine a whore, and a huge guy skinny, so him calling you Ugly means you are beautiful... try to take it that way... he pisses me off but I can see how some things are more hurtful than anger-inducing."

Watching the pen write by itself was slightly unnerving, but so cool and handy looking that Fala wished she could do it too, but her talents didn't go that way and she'd have to find a way to work it with Wind.  

"Blacksmiths it is... now I've never personally been to the Blacksmith's here, but I know the direction we need to go and Tokara told me Glaidus is the one we want to see, so if we get lost we can always ask someone but I heard it wasn't hard to find.  And you can call me Fala if you want, its easier than Falabella and I don't like Bella..."  She wouldn't mention that Tokara often called her Half Pint... *that doesn't really count as a nickname right?* She started walking Ara in the direction of the Blacksmith's Quarter.
    Alexi Abramov
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Alexi Abramov Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:01 pm

Alexi smiled at Falabella's words. They were really kind and not really what she was used to as she didn't have many friends because of all of her travels. Falabella's a beautiful name. I'll stick with that. says Alexi who appreciated the fact that it was not a normal name but was indeed a beautiful one. She wondered what this Glaidus was like and hoped that he was better than the last shopkeeper. Then one things struck her as funny. Wait... if he sees everything backwards and he says I'm an ugly old hag that's uglier than his wife does that mean his wife is young and attractive? The thought of it made her cringe.
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:10 am

Falabella blushed slightly at the compliment to her name, she hadn't heard anyone but her mother tell her that her name was beautiful and it brought back some of that warmth.  Alexi's next comment froze Fala in place as she shuddered thinking what kind of a woman would marry such a man.  "Oh man... I don't even want to think about that...  Who could stand living with him if he called them names all day.  I'd have figured some truly ugly woman would be called beautiful and marry him but not the other way around."  She had started moving again after the shock that thought had brought her and was laughing by this time.  "Maybe she's some gold digger who doesn't care what he says so long as he croaks soon... even someone like that running the shop would increase business if it meant he wasn't there anymore."

They had entered the Blacksmith's Quarter by this time and Fala was looking for the blacksmith's shop.  Listening to the sound of a smith's hammer, the smell of the coal and melting metals... but mostly she was looking for a business sign that read Glaidus.  "It should be around here somewhere...  Keep an eye out for Glaidus's name somewhere on a sign."
    Alexi Abramov
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Alexi Abramov Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:43 pm

As they head into the Blacksmith's Quarter Alexi looks around listening to what Falabella said about a sign. She looked around and eventually saw a sign that looked promising in the distance. As she gets closer to it she sees that it does say Glaidus on it. Falabella, I think it's over here. she says, pointing towards the sign. She figured that it must be the right one. There couldn't be a ton of shop owners named Glaidus could there? Then again this was a really large city.
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:06 pm

Following the direction of Alexi's hand, Falabella sees the sign.  "You're right."  She rides on toward the shop, she can hear the sound of metal striking metal in an even pace.  *He must be hammering out something,  hopefully he'll have enough time to fix my damaged Damaging Needles.*

She pickets Ara to a near by horse-post, but she doesn't take off her corset this time.  There should be no reason to leave her weapons outside like at the Outfitters, besides, she needed to bring them in to get fixed...  With that thought, she entered the Blacksmith's shop.

((Exit to Glaidus' Workshop))
    Alexi Abramov
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Alexi Abramov Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:11 pm

Alexi follows Falabella and waits as she pickets Ara. As she heads inside Alexi hesitates a little bit. She's trying to figure out what it is that she wants to do after she gets her gear. She doesn't want to stay in the city. It's too much of a hustle and bustle atmosphere for her. Not laid back enough.

She couldn't risk travelling by herself either. She had more than her fair share of troubles on her way to this point. She shrugs the quandary of and then enters the Blacksmith's shop.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:00 am