The Eighth Continent

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site is entering Beta testing stage.

+2
Mr. Von Ronsenberg
Sidney Hawkins
6 posters

The Start of .... Something (Travel)

Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Female Posts : 260

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ coin 115380
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

The Start of .... Something (Travel) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Start of .... Something (Travel)

Post  Falabella Shire Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:37 pm

As she saw something falling from the sky, Falabella dove into the protected area of trees off the side of the path, she knew Tokara would be ok... hopefully. As she witnessed a giant sword being pulled from the rubble, all she could do was look on in amazement... *do they normally just fall from the sky??*

Seeing Tokara was hurt, but not badly, she felt so relieved so almost collapsed on the tree still holding her up in hiding. She watched as Sidney took some ore and explained some about this sword, apparently it was kind of a big deal... oh well. Leaving the security of her trees she carefully at the leaves or some shrubs around her. Lavender flowers... grey-green leaves... double checking her booklet, *It is!* "Sweet!, i just found some Yerba santa!" She grabs her Herb knife out of her pack and cuts off a vialful of the leaves and flowers. Not wanting to stay here any longer, incase danger follows the sword, she quickly gets back on the road *I'll grind it up later when we're out of here...*
    The Start of .... Something (Travel) - Page 2 2892201876
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

The Start of .... Something (Travel) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Start of .... Something (Travel)

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:37 pm

The member 'Falabella Shire' has done the following action : Dices roll

'1' : 14
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Male Posts : 349

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Lv. 6 next rest 0 exp/ coin 294500
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:57 am

Tokara would hear Sidney’s rant about the sword and he would just shrug. “I think we can talk about this sword later, I get the feeling that impact made the closest meal run away.” Thinking more about his stomach tokara started to move along the sword being rather awkward to carry as the blade was so cold he couldn’t hold it by the blade. Noticing falabella rooting around for herbs tokara just shook his head. Then he looked down at his armor Sidney had made for him. There were multiple dents and rock chunks stuck in it. “Hey Sidney I think this armors going to need to be fixed in the next town.” Saying that tokara would be the one leading the group the sword setting on his shoulder it was rather chilly the blade would case frost to build up on his shoulder. But then he got an idea. He took the sword and held it against the back of the armor the sword would freeze itself to the back of the armor, making it a handy way to carry it. “Well what you know that kind of use full.” he would say this as he begins his march again.
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:57 am

The member 'Tokara Shire' has done the following action : Dices roll

'1' : 9
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Male Posts : 376

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Exp 275/ Coin 33375
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:34 am

Sid was kind of surprised at how flippant Tokara was acting. He was originally going to say something about what would happen if the sword built up more ice but decided it wasn't worth trying to explain. He too continued walking wondering what would end up happening next. He then thinks about the material that he had picked up, sure it wasn't as good as Tokara's newfound sword, but it would make for a weapon much better than what he had right now. He had noticed Falabella pick an herb, "Yerba Santa? What's that for?" Sid might have heard of a couple of herbs before, but that was not one of them.
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:34 am

The member 'Sidney Hawkins' has done the following action : Dices roll

'1' : 10
    Avril Bellevue
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ coin 50850
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Avril Bellevue Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:46 am

Avril watched as Falabella grabbed an herb and Tokara put the sword on his back. She listened to Sidney ask the question about Yerba Santa to Falabella and was also curious about it. As she notices Tokara and Sidney starting to move out, she follows suit. It looks like they will be getting deeper into the forest and further from civilization if they continue going the way they are going. She is starting to be surprised at the lack of combat as well as everyone else. In her past experiences it hadn't taken long to run into bandits outside of Mendefera. She wonders if this captured SeaWatch has anything to do with the lack of bandits.
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:46 am

The member 'Avril Bellevue' has done the following action : Dices roll

'1' : 7
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:30 pm

Following the others through the woods, she reads through her herbalism booklet. Yerba santa is used to keep an open airway for proper breathing. Looks like it'll be good for choking or drowning, or allergic reactions... Now if I could find some aloe I could heal some of Tokara's minor damage..." She mutters slightly to herself as she reads more, descriptions and where they were located.

Looking up from her booklet, she glances back at Tokara... "Are you sure you can get that unstuck in a pinch? It is an interesting sword... I mean... it fell from the freaking sky! And in, what would normally make me think it'd be hot in a ball of fire... it's so cold you can't even touch it properly... Sidney, if you use the ore to make or fix up a weapon of yours, do you think it'll be cold?"
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:30 pm

The member 'Falabella Shire' has done the following action : Dices roll

'1' : 20
    NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:05 pm

(Rolled a 20 for the initial event, a 1 which is a Unique encounter which is then determined by the region in which the event receiver is in leading to the following event.

Also, this is going off from the recent order of Tokara leaving first followed by Sidney, Avril, then Falabella.)

As the party travels on there suddenly is the sound of beating wings from behind Falabella leading into the woods, followed by a neighing sound. Through the woods in a ways there is an Alicorn visible, it has landed for a drink before it will fly off again. It is drinking from a small pond tucked away in the forest with reeds surrounding three quarters of it. Truly a rare creature to be found in the country of Humus, an Alicorn is a cross between a Pegasus and a Unicorn, as it has both wings and a horn. Intellighen enough to understand the human language, though unable to speak back, if careful one can even approach it.
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:25 pm

*Holy Crap, a pond!... Wait that isn't the important part right now... In shock and awe at the sight of the Alicorn, she barely realized she had slowly started walking toward it, very slowly. "Wow... you're so pretty..." She could barely manage to speak, but what she did say was the first thing to come to her mind, hopefully it wasn't a male that would take offence to being called pretty.
    NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:30 pm

(Roll of 5 which if Falabella was human would have made it fly away)

The Alicorn looks up, it spreads it's wings like it may fly away but when it sees Falabella and that Falabella is not a human or anything typically aggressive to it, it goes back to drinking. It is comfortable with Falabella's presence and as long as Falabella doesn't make any quick movements it should stay there for her.
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:39 pm

Falabella is closer now, but not wanting to scare it away, she slowly sits down near the pond's edge, keeping the Alicorn in her view at all times. "I wish I could fly as gracefully as you. Would you be willing to spare a few feathers for me?"
    NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:47 pm

(Lucky you, it was a 4. 5 and 6 would have been a no, and 1-4 are a yes with the number corresponding to how many you got.)

The Alicorn looks over at Falabella and ruffles it's wings. 4 feathers shake loose and fall onto the ground. The Alicorn then picks them up in it's teeth and carries them over, setting them about 5 feet away from Falabella. The Alicorn likely did this because of how polite Falabella is being. The Alicorn then backs away a little.
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:56 pm

Slowly, she stands up and walks toward the feathers on the ground, moving softly and slowly to not frighten such a giving creature. Picking them up she decides to try again. "Thank you so much. You are as kind as you are beautiful. Do you have any recently shed horns?"
    NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:03 pm

(Got a 5, only a 1 would have gotten a horn. On the Alicorn's departure got a 2 which is why when it flies away what happens does happen.)

The Alicorn turns it's head a little so the horn is in view, it has a look as though it is relatively old. It has not shed any horns recently. It takes one last drink from the water and then looks back at Falabella before stretching it's wings and flying off. Falabella had made a good impression on the Alicorn, but because they are so sought after they do not like to stick around one place long. As it flies out of view a fifth and final feather floats down where the Alicorn had been standing.
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:32 pm

Watching the Alicorn leave filled her with jealousy... *Why can't I look that good when I fly... it must be feathered wings versus Sprite wings... oh well* Falabella grabs the 5th feather, and puts them in her pack. Still in awe, she almost forgot where she was and what she was doing. *Reeds!* Squating down she finds 2 reeds to fit her needs for building her Fife. One was slightly smaller, fitting snuggly inside the other one. Cutting them them with her Herb knife, she quickly searches for anything she may have missed. She fills a couple of her vials with water, you can always use water. Not finding anything else she quickly turns back toward the road... and hopes they didn't leave her behind...

*Crap crap crap!* running out of the forest, she trips on a plant. *Damnit! If i just flew everywhere I would never trip!* Looking down at the evil that had cause her to embarrass herself again, she sees another familiar sight... *That was in my booklet! Holy crap is it my lucky day!* Coptis Rhizome, a cure for poison. Herb knife still out since she was holding the reeds, she quickly cuts the whole plant out of the ground, I'll cut out the necessary pieces as I walk. Putting the reeds in her pack, she looks around for her brother, Sidney, and Avril *Hopefully I didn't take too long with the Alicorn*

The Start of .... Something (Travel) - Page 2 2892201876

Last edited by Falabella Shire on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added water in vials)
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Male Posts : 349

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Lv. 6 next rest 0 exp/ coin 294500
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:58 pm

Tokara wasn’t paying attention to his sisters rambelings before she disappeared . though there march wasn’t that fast she could probly catch up quickly. Strutting around because he had a new sword, tokara felt happy having a weapon that was much better than that war sword. “ahh I can’t wait to see what my captain says about this new sword I bet its better than the sword I had before.” Tokara really had no clue how right he was or for the fact the sword was so rare that it was a one of a kind. He was leading the group so if danger struck he might be the first to see it, if it wasn’t for the fact he wasn’t very bright about his suroundings.
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:59 pm

The member 'forty' has done the following action : Dices roll

'1' : 16
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Male Posts : 376

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Exp 275/ Coin 33375
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:06 pm

Sidney was following Tokara and listening to Falabella talk about the Yerba Santa herb. It did have an interesting effect and one that could be useful to him and the others. She stopped talking for a bit and Sidney didn't think anything of it for a little while. He was going to look back and make sure everything was normal until he heard Tokara say that the sword might be better than his old sword. With the Sidney face palmed and then said. "Well, I don't know, was your old sword a Magic Ancient Weapon made out of a material that's even legendary that today's miners cannot find?" The statement was just oozing with sarcasm.
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:06 pm

The member 'Sidney Hawkins' has done the following action : Dices roll

'1' : 11
    Avril Bellevue
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ coin 50850
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Avril Bellevue Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:44 pm

Avril followed Tokara and Sidney. It was bad that she hadn't noticed that Falabella had slipped away from the group, but she had not. She couldn't help but notice that Tokara was brutally unaware of how good the sword probably was. She was a little concerned that a sword like that would be dangerous for him to wield with it freezing itself onto his armor. What if the ice were to spread? She then giggled a little, very quietly, at what Sidney had said to Tokara.
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:44 pm

The member 'Avril Bellevue' has done the following action : Dices roll

'1' : 20
    NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:26 pm

(Rolled a 5 for fight encounter, 8 for bandits)

Suddenly there was a scoff from the forest to the side of the party. "What's so funny girl?" Suddenly a bandit steps out of the forest on one side of them followed by a second one, a couple step out on the other side, a couple in front, and a couple behind them. The party is surrounded.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:49 pm