The Eighth Continent

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site is entering Beta testing stage.

4 posters

acquiring new weapon

Atlas Theophilus
    Atlas Theophilus
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 50 (Ready to lv.) /1050
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

acquiring new weapon - Page 3 Empty Re: acquiring new weapon

Post  Atlas Theophilus Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:35 pm

Atlas enters the shop and does a wave out of courtesy to both Glaidus and Enz before walking up to Glaidus.  Good day General.  How has retired life been treating you?  Kindly I hope.  It was probably a funny contrast seeing the 7'4" man talking to the dwarf.

Glaidus looks up at Atlas, Oh, yer out of the hospital I see?  That's good.  I don't see ya here very often, what brings ya to my shop?

I'm just showing someone around the city to help them get geared up.  They wanted to know where to get a bow and some arrows and I told them that Glaidus' shop was the place to fill their weapon needs.
    Taycee
    Taycee
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Taycee Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:20 pm

walking in behind atlas taycee walks around the shop. she see the dwarf talking to atlas. she takes her bow off from around her shoulders. placing it down she wrote on to her pad of paper with charcoal. ~i need this fixed or i need a better bow, some arrows would be nice. what would the price be.~ was wrote on a piece of paper as he then went to a counter waiting for glaidus to finish talking with atlas. sneezing because of the musty robs taycee sniffled this might get some ones attention.
    Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Female Posts : 117

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/$150
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enz Zziio Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:25 pm

Enz looked over the two as they entered nodding her head with a smile... tapping her foot in midair, her tail swaying left to right slowly across the ground... hearing a sneeze enz looks to the girl... seeing she had written something down on the notepad... and remembered what the man said... "im guessing your talkin about her? I can craft those weapons... as for that busted sword" she said pointing to it, "I can smelt that down and make a gladius for you, its a short sword, just looks like that of gladiators use," enz said with a smile, "i'll do it for free, I got plenty of iron myself I have no intention of really making anything with it for myself anymore, i'll be making steel soon." she said
    Atlas Theophilus
    Atlas Theophilus
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 50 (Ready to lv.) /1050
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Atlas Theophilus Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:38 pm

Atlas backs off so Taycee can get things straightened out. I'll be back shortly. I have to go and pick up some supplies from the Outfitters that I forgot. As he finishes saying this he walks out of the shop to go and get the supplies.

Meanwhile Glaidus looks at the paper, I think ye'd be best taking her offer. I fer one ain't gonna do it for free. He says this with a chuckle and has no problem with it at all.
    Taycee
    Taycee
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Taycee Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:45 pm

taycee listened to both this girl and glaidus, seeing as the dwarf wouldnt do it for free and this girl was willing taycee thought she might as well take that offer. turning the piece of paper over and wrote on the back. ~i will take the free offer.~ she handed the bow over to enz with the piece of paper. she then took the broken sword of hers and handed it off as well. she would wait on the bow before asking for any arrows.
    Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enz Zziio Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:35 pm

acquiring new weapon - Page 3 3393708228 

acquiring the stuff from Taycee, enz tossed the busted sword in the smelter and went right to work on the bow, taking the string off the shaft she tossed the shaft in the trash... it was useless and it was nearly done fore, a bow breaking on you can be quite dangerous... enz then went to the blacksmith and bought a new shaft for 200 gold

with that enz carved it into shape and surely and slowly... making sure she did not ruin it cus one could ruin it with one wrong carve...

(300 gold left)
    Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enz Zziio Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:44 pm

after finishing carving it into proper shape... enz then began to add the two notches for the string and as well as the handle and the arrow groove where the arrow is suppose to be shot from... carving the handle then cutting a foot strip from his leather putting it on the handle for a proper fitting and such... enz then grabbed the string and some oil and wax and began to refurbish hteh string... once it looked new she took the bow and bent it into shape and tighly strung on the bow string... holding it up enz then twanged the string with her fingers ensuring a proper fit...
    Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enz Zziio Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Enz looked over the bow before taking out a iron ingot from her pack and smelting it down and formed it to what it looked like to fit over the bow... when it was in form she made it red hot and then dunked it into the water before then heating it up aghain and cooling it off in the water... repeating this several more times... enz bent back the metal into a bow shape and let go and with a powerful twang it sprung right back into shape... with a smile... she unstrung the bow and put the long caps on each end and strapped the betal band on the outside of the bow attacking the metal straps along the length of the bow to hold it on, putting the string back on she pulled back the bow... with no effort than before... and released the string and the string jolted forward... faster than before...

"there we go... that should increase your range by an extra 50 feet... a good 50 yard range accuracy" enz giggled, before handing the bow over to Taycee.

"ill make you your sword now," she said...
    Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enz Zziio Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:57 pm

Enz took two iron ingots to the forge and began to form a gladius... upon the anvil she hammered the metal into shape... wiping the sweat from her forehead as the forge was hot... continuing to hammer the sword into shape sticking it in the forge to heat it up to keep working on the metal.

after a bit enz finished the blade, stepping back from the forge she looked over the weapon... with a smile... it was actually better than her template weapon...

+1 slash to template
    +1 pierce to template
    Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enz Zziio Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:01 pm

after that enz began to work on the handle... so it would fit taycee's hands better... working upon that for some time making sure it was a proper fit for taycee... this would allow her to swing more powerful blows upon her foe... enz slowly worked on the handle before finally polishing the handle, looking over the sword, enz walked over to taycee, and held the blade out with both her hands on paw on the side of the blade and one on the handle guard so the handle was facing taycee...

"I hope it fits properly" enz said

+2 slash
    +2 Pierce
    Taycee
    Taycee
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Taycee Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:34 pm

(considering it would have been nice to know you was going to multi post like this i would have said i don't mind, but now i have to read, 5 posts of blacksmithing and figure a post to fit what my character was doing the whole time knowing would have aloud me to go get leather to make more quivers with. this is just a warning you will not be able to do stuff like this in a fight.)

taycee after having given the reptilian her bow and broken sword, she explored the shop looking for arrows. she needed a few more then what she had on her quiver. it could hold maybe atleast 30 more arrows. depending on the tips they had. but soon she was stopped by the reptilian again and handed her new bow. it was good had some strong pull to it. pulling it back she practiced with it, careful not to dry shoot it. soon later the reptilian came back and handed her a short sword. it was nice it fit okay in her hands but she liked the bow even more. taking out some gold she paid enz 300 gold for the bow and sword as she really didn't want to just take it. but like always taycee was silent.
    Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enz Zziio Sun May 04, 2014 3:42 pm

Enz pocketed the money, "is there anything else you need? no need to pay me, perhaps some arrows? spike tip? spade? tri-blade,?" enz asked.

"I have plenty of iron," she said pointing to her 28 iron ingots in her bag. enz crossed her arms as she waited for the answer, with her snug scale male it looked as though she were a male with a females voice, but she is a reptile. flicking her tongue out like a snake, as her tail swayed back and forth her ears angled back because the blacksmith shop was hot due to the forge and stuff

+300 Gold coin (600 now)
    Taycee
    Taycee
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Taycee Sun May 04, 2014 7:18 pm

shaking her head no, she didn't really need much else because of the new bow was more just a handy new tool. she examined the reptile in front of her, the scale mail was okay but was not top class. taycee felt she should get a new robe as she looked at her musty robes. with another sneeze she sounded like a little mouse. this was a slight embarrassment to her self but it was because of the robes.
    Taycee
    Taycee
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Taycee Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:46 pm

Taycee had waited for hours for Atlas to return back to the smithy shop. Having not even gone her bow finished she took it up and went to search for Atlas having no idea where she was going to head. Though it sucked that she had only 20 arrows and a bow that can barely reach the ranges to actually do any damage. Sighing she picks up her charcoal and pad of paper. She is going to start away at the door wondering where the hell Atlas was.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:33 pm