The Eighth Continent

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site is entering Beta testing stage.

2 posters

Sidney Hawkins

Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Male Posts : 376

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Exp 275/ Coin 33375
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Sidney Hawkins Empty Sidney Hawkins

Post  Sidney Hawkins Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:26 pm

Sidney Hawkins Final-fantasy-xiv14-443x443

First Name: Sidney
    Last Name: Hawkins

Race: Human
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 175 Pounds
    Birthday: April 5th
    Relationships:

Father: Deceased
    Mother: Deceased
    Brother: Deceased

Province: Hopenheim, Tempestas
    Level: 1
    Element: Lightning
    Specialization: Blade Gauntlets, Daggers, Blacksmithing/Crafting, and Tactician.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Personality: Formerly a very vengeful individual. He is now just appreciative of life. He is not likely to take action, or fight something unless he knows the full story. He is a bit of a naturalist who enjoys studying nature. His humor is pretty lacking, but he is becoming better humored over time.

Motivation: His motivation is unclear right now after just having had a 12 year life's goal shattered as he knew it. Now he seeks to understand nature to the fullest while regaining his former strength. He also seeks to defend those who are not able to defend themselves. Though he would like to be a guard he finds that there is not the freedom of choice as a guard. Not being able to choose what you fight against and why.

Starting Stats

Health: 7
    Magic: 10
    Stamina: 12
    Strength: 5
    Agility: 16

weapons: 10
    Hand-to-hand 10 + 2 Lightning Element

History:
    Sidney was born into an odd family. His Father was a hunter, his mother was a biologist. He had an older brother of 2 years and lived in a simple mountain town known as Hopenheim. Growing up both he and his brother constantly got in trouble for cliff climbing without any equipment. By the time he was 12 and his brother was 14 they had unwantingly acquired the nickname of the 'Monkey Brothers'.

One day when Sid was 12 one of the villages hunters came back with some large feathers about the size of an eagle's only in the coloration of a peacock. He claimed he had killed the legendary creature that lived in the mountains and that these were feathers from it. The villagers laughed and called his tales nothing more than that of a drunk's. Later that night the winds picked up around the village. The winds continued to pick up in strength until they were stronger than the village had ever seen.

What happened later that night and into the morning Sid to this day does not talk about. Regardless it left him and his brother without parents or a village to call home. Both of them wanted revenge and turned to a well-reknowned 'mentor'. After harsh training in the Earth, Fire, Dark, and Water countries their training was complete after 10 years. Their mentor was more proud of them than any of his other apprentices mostly due to their undying will to get better.

After they got amply equipped they headed out to get their revenge. What it resulted in however was not expected by either brother. In the end Sidney came out barely with his life and with nothing else. He woke up in a hospital in the Earth Country and is now coming to grips with what had happened. His whole life's goal has been taken from him and so had his only friend.

RP Sample:

"Are you sure about this?" Asks Sid with some hesitation.

"Either get your ass out here or go home. I don't have time to deal with a pansy." says Sid's mentor.

"As if I could", says Sid under his breath. "I'm across the ocean from my home without any money." Sid looks down at his treadless shoes and then carefully walks onto the sheer sheet of ice. He slips a little but catches himself before he falls. He looks up and quickly jukes to the side avoiding a dagger that was coming straight at his head. He falls on the ice and lands hard.

"Come on pansy, this is a COMBAT training session! If you don't use what little brains you have I'll evicerate you on the spot.

As Sid tries to get up and regain his senses his mentor charges at him throwing three more daggers at his legs. Trying to avoid them without falling like he did before Sid instinctively jumps above them. The mentor yells at him angrily. "DUMBASS!!!" He then closes the gap and punches Sid strongly in the stomach, knocking the wind out of him, and causing Sid to land poorly, starting to lose balance again. His mentor follows the punch with one from his other fist straight to Sid's face.

Sid falls onto the ice and covers his face with his hand only to have his mentor stomp his stomach with his steel cleated boot.

Sid coughs painfully as his mentor puts more weight on Sid's diaphragm. "I thought that you wanted to be able to defend yourself. From what I see though, you would be better off if I killed you right now."

Sid clenches his teeth after hearing that comment. He closes his eyes and then reopens them to the sound of crackling electricity.

His mentor smirks, "So, it would seem that even maggots have feelings. Touch a nerve did I?"

With surprising speed Sid grabs a dagger from his belt and stabs it into the gap of his mentor's boot where the tongue and laces are.

His mentor jumps back and grimaces in pain as he wrenches the dagger out from his foot. "Good. You've learned the temperment needed when training with me. It still doesn't mean that you won't die before the week is out though."

Sid gets up slowly and looks at his mentor, his eyes narrow and the electricity continues to crackle around him. He charges at his mentor and immediately slips and falls face first into the solid ice. As he writhes in pain his mentor looks at him with anger in his eyes. His true emotion breaks through his rough exterior though as he starts to laugh at Sid.

Sid groans and then talks under his breath, "This training is going to take forever... If I can survive it..."

FaceClaim/how you found us.

Source: Beta Tester.

Face Claim: Male Hyur Main Character from Final Fantasy XIV

Last edited by Sidney Hawkins on Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    forty
    forty
    Admin

Male Posts : 437

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Sidney Hawkins Empty Re: Sidney Hawkins

Post  forty Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:25 pm

this looksgood but you need to take the 100s stats out. make your hand to hand 10+2(lighting) =12. this will show that lightining is added stat. also post firstaid with blacksmithing and herbalism.
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Male Posts : 376

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Exp 275/ Coin 33375
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Sidney Hawkins Empty Re: Sidney Hawkins

Post  Sidney Hawkins Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:37 pm

Editted
    forty