The Eighth Continent

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site is entering Beta testing stage.

2 posters

Seeing Red

Kai Takeo
    Kai Takeo
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Seeing Red Empty Seeing Red

Post  Kai Takeo Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:21 am

Some taken from Sidney's 'Voices' Berserker type of ability

Name: Seeing Red
    Requirements: Be a Minotaur. Have a trigger of some sort (ex. Family killed by bandits… Bandits is your trigger)
    Stamina cost: +50% Stamina cost of any skill or attack used when active.
    Downside: x2 Stamina and Magic Costs, Takes +50% Damage. All of which is rounded up to the nearest whole number
    Post duration: Effect is immediate under correct circumstances. 3 ways to end it: 1). Until the Red is gone. 2). Until the Trigger is gone. 3). Until the Minotaur chooses to fight for control of his emotions between 1-5 posts. Once per battle topic.
    Type: Passive. Buff. Berserker
    Range: Is passive so range is the same as skills used while active
    Base Damage: +50% of the skill’s and attack’s damages used while under the effect of this skill.
    Other Effect: +50% to base Agility, Hand to Hand and Weapon.
    Level needed: 1
    Rp Sample link: The blood from his family’s bodies was soaking the ground and the armor of the bandits that were slowly torturing them. The sound of laughter from the bandits holding him down was demonic. His emotional state couldn’t hold on to his sanity any longer. He surges against his captors, knocking them back. Rushing toward his wife and children, a blind rage causes him to see red with tunnel vision on the men who dared touch them. He managed to charge at them just enough for them to back away… right before his personal captures got reinforcements. He continued to fight them, to no avail. His personal beating knocked him unconscious, the only thing at that time that could even attempt to stop him in his rage.
    Description: A Minotaur is sensitive to the color red, if the Minotaur is not in control of his emotions, the sight of the color red and a trigger (manifestation of the traumatic event, ex. Person, Thing, Sound, etc.) cause the Minotaur to go into a Berserker state of mind. This increases the damage of all attacks and the speed at which he can do them with a +50% to Damage, base Agility, Hand to Hand and Weapon.
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Seeing Red Empty Re: Seeing Red

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:27 am

Denied and please read the following critique/information.

Positive:

1. Thanks to you directly copying some of this from voices I found an error in Voices that I had to correct. This error is that it states that it causes +50% Stamina cost and then in the next category says it causes x2 Stamina cost. All Stamina cost references should say x2 Stamina cost.

2. A skill similar to this would indeed be good for a minotaur with Kai's History.

3. Though the skill you are basing this off from is locked, I noticed you changed it enough for it to be different.

Negative.:

1. On most RP Sites it is HIGHLY frowned upon to copy ANY part of another users skill directly through copy and pasting. This Site is no different.

2. Copying the exact effects of this skill cause some issues for your character that will be listed below.

2A. Voices was on the verge of not being approved in the first place. Forty and I got in an argument over it and it was only approved because of a character development idea. Typically a skill like this would not be approved as a Lv. 1 skill.

2B. Voices is intended for a Speed based character which your character is not. More likely it should be a Strength and Agility boost for Kai as it would be an Adrenaline Surge and not .... what Sidney's is. (I can't get into that as it would give away information about Sidney's past that are yet to be revealed and are Semi-Plot.)

Kai Takeo
    Kai Takeo
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Kai Takeo Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:37 pm

Ok, thanks, didnt know most of that. I didn't know it was almost not approved, and I figured that any type of a... Berserker ability would have a set buff like the different types of healing all do the same healing and same distances from targets.

so what can I do, scrap it or change it to different effects and level? I would have no problem of it being a Strength only buff if strength actually entailed a Damage difference instead of being a 'what u can carry for weight' difference

Voices made sense for the stat changes and costs to me. Wasn't aware it was a special ability in whole instead of a special for Sidney.

I'm not used to RP rules, never really did anything before this =) one or 2 sites i made characters on and posted a few times... but never this in detailed with abilities and spells and such.

Last edited by Kai Takeo on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added last paragraph)
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Mr. Von Ronsenberg
    Admin

Post  Mr. Von Ronsenberg Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:53 pm

Strength does affect damage of punches and kicks, and yes you can get it approved if you switch the stats, or even the amounts of their effects around. Also, remember that strength also affects what you can pick up, like people, rocks, trees, etc.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:29 pm