The Eighth Continent

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site is entering Beta testing stage.

+9
Tokara Shire
forty
Saori Pegason
Sidney Hawkins
Koroseta Mauiliu
Lena Savicheva
Kai Takeo
Falabella Shire
Avril Bellevue
13 posters

Laliel's Sew Shop

Saori Pegason
    Saori Pegason
    Level 2

Female Posts : 153

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/$0
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Laliel's Sew Shop - Page 3 Empty Re: Laliel's Sew Shop

Post  Saori Pegason Sun May 19, 2013 3:19 pm

She had arrived in the Leatherworking shop, prompting service by tossing a Harpy wing onto the table before her. She found a female working behind the desk, weaving some sort of hide into a profound stitching pattern. The equipment shown before her was of exceptional quality, so she pointed toward it. "I'd like armor made of that. (Warped Leather Armor Set, 2,500 gold), and in return I'll sell you this Harpy wing, which is worth about three-thousand gold." She hoped the Leatherworker would gladly oblige. It wasn't every day a rare item like this came across Mendefara.
    forty
    forty
    Admin

Male Posts : 437

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  forty Sun May 19, 2013 4:51 pm

the owner would look at the wing and put her hands together. “final harpy feathers I can make my feathered hat collection~!” the women would get the warped leather armor for saori and 500 gold. This would be a lot easier for her as she took the wing to the back room to remove the feathers. A pouch of 500 gold and the leather armor sat there for saori.
    Saori Pegason
    Saori Pegason
    Level 2

Female Posts : 153

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/$0
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Saori Pegason Mon May 20, 2013 11:41 am

Saori would quickly oblige, taking the armor and stuffing the pouch of gold into her money flask. Moving to the fitting room, she donned the raiment of warped leather and smiled. It fit perfectly, and it looked even better. Walking out, she'd put her hand up in a dismissive gesture, waving, saying thank you and goodbye. Now back on the streets, she'd travel to the opposite district in accordance with this one. The Blacksmithing Quarter.

-Warped Leather Armor Set x1-
    -500 Gold Given-
    -1,500 Gold Remaining-
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Female Posts : 260

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ coin 115380
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:44 pm

Entering the tailor's shop, she remembered being here when she'd met Avril.  Laliel seemed like a talented tailor and leatherworker if her work that was on display was any tell.  "How can I help you?"  she asked from a workbench as she was making what appeared to be a very beautiful dress.

"Excuse me, I have a lot of work for you if you have the time.  200lbs of fresh but untreated Horse Killer leather to be cured.  And a couple pieces of armor to be made from it."

Laliel's eyes shot up, surprised by the quantity of the leather but not the type; it seemed that news had spread already through certain people that a recently dead Horse Killer had been brought in.  "That will take quite a while, even with all my staff to help.  What is the outfit you would like made?  I can start working on the leather and as I get enough, I can make the outfit while my staff works on the rest of the leather... they are all skilled enough to handle this material."

"I would like this glove and corset remade in the Horse Killer leather, I'll give you the collar I have so you can put the spikes in the new one, and a pair of boots made that will reach all the way up my thighs."

"Sounds simple enough," she said.  Quickly taking out a measuring cord, she made swift work of measuring Falabella's body, everywhere that would need it.  "Return back here tomorrow for your outfit and the Cured Leather.  I'll have it ready by then with a quote of 30k for the outfit and 300gold per pound to Cure with 200lbs making that 60,000 gold, so your total will be 90,000 gold."

*Ouch, seems like as soon as I get some money it goes all down the drain so fast...  at least it's worth it... or it better be*  Unfastening the collar to her corset, she gives it to Laliel.  "Here's the spikes.  I will return tomorrow with the gold.  Thank you so much."

She watched as a team of people came from the back of the shop and unloaded the leather from the draft horse that was carrying it.  She'd was glad to have Arakot, with him she wouldn't need to keep one of the draft horses with her for longer, it was a hassle leading 3 of the giants around town.  With this chore taken care of, she headed out again, she still had a few things left to do.

((Exit))
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Male Posts : 349

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Lv. 6 next rest 0 exp/ coin 294500
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:19 pm

The door bell rings as tokara walks though. He looks down noticing under his feet wasa nice rug. Wiping the mud off his poor exscuse of boots he thought for a moment. ~i need some new boots~ he looked around for the owner. As no one came he started to browse around what the store had in stock. Most of the wears were for female but there was some good mens wears.

The owner came out in a bit of shock to see a man the size of a oger to her at least. “oh my, hello good sir what can i get you.” she was sizing tokara up, for good or worse who knows what was going though this women s head. She kinda was in a bit of a hurry as some one else stuff was being made.

Tokara would turn when spoken too, it kind of jumped him as she was so quite in he steps. He cleared his throat with a grunt. “i would like some long strips of leather if you have any to spare, even leather strips that are old is fine. Also i wouldnt mind a few custom things made for me.” he found a seat and sat down taking off his tattered leather boots, if you wanted to call them boots. “i would like a new pair of boots, some that are comfortable enough to run for a long time in.” he said this as he put his boots down and to the side. Getting his other boot off was trouble some as it was a little small. “and if they could actually fit me that would be nice. Now for my other custom order i would like a leather cloak some thing that if i wore over armor would keep me dry in the rain. I hear you get some massive rain storms around here. But maybe not make it a full cloak more half. I need to still be able to swing my weapons on the road.” tokara measured to his mid torso with his hands, with this tokara sat up waiting to hear from the shop keeper to respond.
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:10 am

Upon hearing tokaras requests Laliel went and got some tools of her trade. She came back and started to measure tokara up, she then began to converse with him to get a better idea of what she was making for him. “the leather strips you want well how long to you want them??” she said this as she pulled a measuring tap over his chest and then wrote some thing down on a piece of paper.

Tokara held his arms out and every thing she touched trying to make her job much easier. Then hearing her question he had an answer. “i would like at least 10 yards worth of half inch. Oh and i forgot to mention i would like the cloak to be able to help stop a arrow at least, there are allot of bow wielding bandits. I need that bit of extra protection.” tokara added, but from all his scars on his body any one could believe that.

Laliel nodded and then spoke. “i can add small metal plates to line the whole cloak but that's gonna add some weight... but from the looks of you it wont matter to much. And i can make it a harder leather on the chest area.” she mover her hands flew crossed his chest. “here and you back so it has a bite more protection but this is going to raise your price.” she put one hand on her cheek looking at him studying his body shape. “the back of the cloak will cover more of you back then your front.”

As she went on tokara nodded. Then spoke up. “no need to make it hard leather just make it soft so it actually comfortable to wear. So what should the price be if i ask for this double time?” tokara looked up at her and hoped it wouldn't be to pricey, but he was asking her to make this all quickly.
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:35 pm

looking back at tokara Laliel just thought for moment no one had ever asked for a price of double time. why would he be in such a hurry? "well sir, for you the boots are 50K lets say, 75K and 25 k for the hood, soo 100,000 gold pieces." she didn't think he would have that much gold on him. she then thought she would have to be using her own materials, so she could tack on more money. "plus another 10k for material used." with this she waited for his response.

tokara nodded it was a fair price, for what he wanted and how soon he wanted it, he couldn't really barter that well. "okay 110,000 gold pieces it is. if i was you i would get working." with that he started to count out gold. making stacks of 100, this would make this shop keeper work.

laliel was shocked he was paying that much no questions asked. so in a flash she begins her work in the back putting all orders to the side and personally working on this order her self. by the time tokara was done counting out all the gold her counter was covered in gold coins. she handed a free pair of soaks to him along with his new gear. "here sir you will always be welcomed here." she had also threw in the leather stripping he wanted on the house. she just put it under that extra cost.

tokara took his gear putting the stripping in to his pockets then putting socks on and then the boots he started out, only to stop and thank the owner very much as the boots where great. he never had boots that both fit and where comfy, very hard to come acrossed.

(spent 110k gold exit to blacksmiths now)
    Koroseta Mauiliu
    Koroseta Mauiliu
    Level 4

Female Posts : 366

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 21290 Gold
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Koroseta Mauiliu Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:02 am

Koroseta enters Laliel's and she heads to the counter she asks to buy a sewing kit and enough leather to make 5 regular quivers. She is told that it will come to 150 gold, 100 gold for the leather and 50 gold for the sewing kit. The shop employees get the leather and the kit and bring it to the counter where Koroseta pays for it. She then takes the gear and leaves to head over to Glaidus' again.
    Enye Nguvu
    Enye Nguvu
    Level 1

Male Posts : 32

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/$750
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enye Nguvu Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:58 pm

Enye ducks into Laliel's shop and looks around. This was the place that Gladius had put on the list. He looked around for someone who might be in charge of running this place. "Excuse me, are you in charge of this place?" He asked as he walked up to a human female who had her back turned and seemed to be sewing something. She jumped a bit in surprise and turned to face him. "Oh, yes I am. The name's Laliel. What can I do for you?" She replied, sticking her sewing needle into the fabric as a temporary placeholder. "I'm here to pick up a parcel for Gladius. Do you know where it is?" From what Enye could see in the fairly organized shop, she probably knew where everything here was. "Yup, sure do!" Laliel walked around him and over to the front counter. She dissapeared behind if for a second before popping back up with a neatly wrapped item. "Tell Gladius I said hi, okay?" She said as she put the package into the Minotaur's hands. Enye nodded and thanked her before heading out of the shop.

(exit topic)
    Mor Sharog
    Mor Sharog
    Level 1

Post  Mor Sharog Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:24 pm

Mor enters the shop and has a three foot by three foot piece of cow leather cut out which she then purchases for 50 gold.  She then feels foolish as she realises that it will be hard to carry this, she needs to go to an outfitter's before she does anything else.   She thanks Laliel and then she goes outside and tries to figure out how to get to an Outfitter's.  She'd ask someone but people tended to avoid her.

(Exit)
    Jaqueline Hyde
    Jaqueline Hyde
    Level 1

Post  Jaqueline Hyde Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:44 pm

Jaqueline quietly enters Laliel's Sewshop and briefly looks around. After that brief glance she walks up to the counter and she waits for someone to come to the counter. She is really quiet and kind of stares at the counter instead of looking around much now. Despite how it may look she is on her guard though, constantly worried that what she considered a curse would happen again and once again completely disrupt her life in an instant.
    NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:12 am

Laliel had been in the storeroom sorting through some new bolts of cloth and making sure that they all ended up where they were supposed to be at the time that Jaqueline had entered the shop. As Jaqueline is really quiet Laliel doesn't hear her. This leads to her taking longer to come out than normal. When she does come out she is suprised to see Jaqueline there. Sorry if there was any wait. What is it that I can help you with?
    Jaqueline Hyde
    Jaqueline Hyde
    Level 1

Post  Jaqueline Hyde Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:17 pm

Jaqueline is quiet as she watches Laliel come out and to the counter.  When she is asked what it is that she wants Jaqueline is relatively quiet as she replies.  Oh, it wasn't a very long wait at all.  My name is Heather and I'm here to help Laliel with her dry cleaning because of the Notice that she had posted at the Quest Notification Board.  She sounds like she's an odd combination of polite, happy-go-lucky and shy.
    NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:39 pm

Well Heather, you have found who you were looking for, I am Laliel. If you give me a second I will go and gather the cloth that needs to be taken to be dry cleaned. I really appreciate you accepting the errand. I just don't have time for it any more because of all of the new refugees and and adventurers that have come through the city lately. With that said Laliel once again heads back into the back of the shop.
    Jaqueline Hyde
    Jaqueline Hyde
    Level 1

Post  Jaqueline Hyde Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:06 pm

Jaqueline nods at Laliel as she tells her that she is her and that she has to go into the back and get the dry cleaning. No problem at all. I have all day anyways. After Laliel heads back into the rear of the store Jaqueline looks around a bit more. It sure did seem like this was typically a busy place, much busier than she would have expected. Then again she wasn't very familiar with large cities either.
    NPC Event
    NPC Event
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  NPC Event Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:22 pm

As Laliel is in the back she makes sure to gather every last thing that she needs to have dry cleaned. Once she is sure that she has gathered everything that she needs Heather to take to be dry cleaned she brings it out in a large sack. Here's everything it's a lot but the good thing is that bag is made from a hide that makes it so that you can drag the bag of cloth if you have to.
    Jaqueline Hyde
    Jaqueline Hyde
    Level 1

Post  Jaqueline Hyde Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:08 am

Jaqueline looks at the amount of dry cleaning slightly surprised. Thank you, I'll get this done as soon as possible. she says before trying to pick up the sack of cloth only to realize that she was not going to be able to carry it. With that discovered she starts to drag it out the door and starts to head towards where she had previously been told the dry-cleaners was. She wishes that it was closer.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:35 am