The Eighth Continent

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site is entering Beta testing stage.

+9
Tokara Shire
forty
Saori Pegason
Sidney Hawkins
Koroseta Mauiliu
Lena Savicheva
Kai Takeo
Falabella Shire
Avril Bellevue
13 posters

Laliel's Sew Shop

Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Female Posts : 260

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ coin 115380
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Laliel's Sew Shop - Page 2 Empty Re: Laliel's Sew Shop

Post  Falabella Shire Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:47 pm

Falabella starts grabbing her spare stuff, draping it over her arms to carry until so can get ahold of a pack. Her remaining leather from her chaps, the shirt she removed when she put the robe on, and 6 of the 12 bandages, leaving the other 6 on the table for Avril as a thanks for reworking her gear.
    Wrapping her bow across her shoulder again, her quiver of arrows was with Sidney. She is ready to go whenever.

"That was an interesting piece of gear you made, functional yet still fashionable. I may look into that at a later date when my robe wears out too much to wear"
    Avril Bellevue
    Level 2

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ coin 50850
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Avril Bellevue Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:22 pm

Avril comes back out of the booth wearing the skirted shorts and carrying her old pants. She walks over and picks up the bandages and then brings the pants over to the seamstress that is keeping an eye on the shop. She sets the pants on the counter and then says. "Give these to Father the next time you see him. Seeing as all he cares about is his money, he'll probably want them back since he paid for them." She then walks and picks up Sidney's chaps. "Alright, let's go to where we're supposed to wait... or at the least, away from here."
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Female Posts : 260

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ coin 115380
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:52 pm

Falabella follows Avril to the door of the building, but looking back she notices the high quality of the pants she had been wearing. *Nice enough to not want to leave behind... but I understand pride like any other person*

Turning back toward the door she gets a new surge of excitement *Tokara might be waiting!* She starts walking a little bit faster, unable to wait. *I am not going to let him walk out on me again, outa this place now*
    Kai Takeo
    Kai Takeo
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Kai Takeo Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:19 pm

Kai's entrance into Laliel's Sew Shop shocked Laliel so much, she dropped her cloth and needle. He'd been forced to bend down even more than at the barracks, and his horns were almost touching the ceiling when he stood upright inside. "I apologize for startling you Ma'am. I am here to see if you can help me. I require some work done and I heard this is the best shop in the city." Hopefully his manners and flattery would at least put her slightly at ease... though it was a long shot.

"U.. Umm... O... Ok... what do you need done?" By the time she had proccessed his words, her fears that he was some monster here to destroy her shop were eased. though his general size was still intimidating.

"Can you take out these chaps to fit me with the material here, I realize they will end up as shorts, as long as they fit. also... This mage robe, can you turn it into strips for a Fauld and Vambraces for each arm? How much would all this be, if you are willing to do it." Offering her the materials, it was her choice if she wanted the work or not, there are other tailors... but she had a good reputation.

Laliel looked at Kai and then at the chaps and robes in his hands. *no wonder he needs work done.* He's not the first person to come to her shop with those 'one-size-does-not-fit-all' things the gaurds were giving away. "Sure I'll do it. should be 250 for the shorts, 200 for the vambraces and 200 for the fauld. Stand over there and I'll get my stuff ready" She points over to the center of the room and starts rummaging for her equipment *time to get to work*
    Kai Takeo
    Kai Takeo
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Kai Takeo Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:36 pm

After Laliel had taken his measurements, she was a machine. Fast and efficient, there was cloth going all over and needles flying at the speed of light without even a risk of pricking herself. the shorts were first to be finished. "Try these on while I work on dismantling this robe"

Kai took the offered shorts and barely managed to fit in the dressing area to put them on. Taking off his bloody pants, he holds it tenderly, as if it was a baby. He carefully places it down on a chair, while he pulls on the shorts. Exiting the dressing area, he keeps his old pants in his hands, not letting it out of his sight. "They fit perfectly."

Laliel looked up from her new creations to see his fit, and they did indeed fit rather well. She has already finished creating the strips needed for his cloth armor. "Would you like some help putting these on?"

He was surprised at her offer, most humans took longer to feel comfortable enough to touch a Minotaur. It seems Laliel was quick to recover. "That would be nice, thank you" Laliel wrapped the cloth around his waist as he wrapped some around each arm. finished now, he felt more equiped to start his journey.

"Thank you so much Ma'am. I will tell people about your skills" he stated with a slight smile. Kai handed her the 650 gold and bowed to her in farewell and bent down to leave the building. She thanked him for his patronage and watched him leave... it felt a lot larger in her shop without him there... he did take up a bit of space... but he was a nice person, not like what she had thought at first.

(Exit)
    Lena Savicheva
    Lena Savicheva
    Level 1

Female Posts : 153

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ 1000
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Lena Savicheva Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:12 am

Laliel's Sew Shop - Page 2 2813134405

Lena opens the door to the Tailor's shop. Her eyes wonder about the room as she approaches Laliel's counter. "Greetings, Ms. Laliel, my name is Lena. My reason for coming into your shop this fine evening is because I want to convert these hideous chaps," she places her first object on the table, " into some fashionable boots and these awful robes," she places the second object on the table, "into better suiting attire." Lena places her hands on her hips, resting her staff on the counter's side. "Would you happen to have a cobbler in? Also, may I please borrow your equipment? I would like to adjust this robe and take apart these chaps myself." she asks politely.

Laliel gives her a nod. "You certainly may borrow my equipment. Give me a minute to locate our Cobbler, Aiden." Laliel states placing a tailoring and a leatherworking kit on the counter, disappearing into a hallway momentarily.

"This should do it." Lena says softly to herself. She begins by leading a seam breaker through the chap's sides then works her way to the inner legs and waist. She places her index finger to her lip in thought "I think any left over scraps could make for a lovely corset. What do you think?" she asks Kai, giving him a smile.

Kai Takeo
    Kai Takeo
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Kai Takeo Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:49 am

Laliel had seemed surprised but not shocked to see him again so soon, but as efficient as ever, she dealt with Lena's requests with ease and priority. Lena, it seemed, wanted to train herself in her field of Leatherworking/Tailoring, a nice surprise coming from someone who seemed to have had a pampered life. But her general good spirit was nice to be around after so long of being alone. "A Corset would be a functional and fashinable peice of equipment, very suited for you," he tells her with a slight smile. His children would have liked Lena. Remembering them filled him with sadness, but he tried to keep it from his face.

At this time, Laliel came back with a man she had identified as Aiden, a Cobbler. He would be able to help her with her shoes, hopefully they would live up to her standards. Knowing the work Laliel does, he doubted she would hire someone illsuited to work with her.
    Lena Savicheva
    Lena Savicheva
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Lena Savicheva Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:17 am

Lena slided over the taken-apart chaps to Aiden, who then took off to create Lena's new boots. As much as she wanted to see the master Cobbler at work, Lena turned her attention to her musty robe that seemed to be too large for her own body size. She held them up in front of her, examining each flaw.
    Setting them down once again on the counter, she eyed the tailoring kit. Rummaging through it, she pulled out a measuring tap.
    Lena bat her eye lashes at the minotaur as she moved closer to him "Kai, would you be a dear and wrap this around my waist?" she asked him with a smirk on her rosey lips.

Last edited by Lena Savicheva on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kai Takeo
    Kai Takeo
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Kai Takeo Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:43 am

Very willing to help, but a little surprised by her manner, Kai actually blushed slightly. She was cute, but to him, no one would ever live up to his wife. Lena may be what is typically called more beautiful, but his Shaori could never be surpassed to in his eyes. Kai doubted Lena would take kindly to his veiws though, so he kept his mouth shut and simply enjoyed her playful manner, taking it as though it was nothing more than a friendly jest.

"Sure" He takes the measuring tape from her hands and finding it easier to be lower down, he got on one knee so he wouldn't be bending forever. With the tape in one hand, he wrapped his arms around her waist, meeting his other hand at her back. Bringing the two ends to the front, he asks her, "Is this where you wanted the tape?"
    Lena Savicheva
    Lena Savicheva
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Lena Savicheva Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:08 am

Lena's eyes traveled from the minotaur's strong arms to his large horns. She softly traced her right index finger from the tip of his right horn to the base slowly. "Ooh, these are... interesting." she said to herself out loud, the smirk never leaving her lips.
    Lena nodded at his question then took a glance at the tape and noted down her waist measurement mentally. She then turned her attention to Kai's face. Lena let out a soft laugh at the sight of his blush "What's the matter big boy? Girl shy?" she stated, retrieving the measuring tape from his hand and continued taking her body measurements.
    Kai Takeo
    Kai Takeo
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Kai Takeo Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:45 am

It had been a long time since anyone had touched him, at least since the bandits left him for dead. He was surprised when she touched his horn, but he knew she was just teasing him, and it made the future seem less bleak to be around people again.

Standing upright again since she no longer needed his assistance, he answers her question, "Not 'girl shy', I haven't been around another person except one for the last year, and she was only until she healed enough to leave after I rescued her a week ago. Even before that, I think the only people to touch my horns were my parents, my wife, and my children. They do come in handy sometime though," he states as he gets a teasing look in his eyes. "Like... if I stab a big leaf with both of them, I don't get rain on my head"
    Lena Savicheva
    Lena Savicheva
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Lena Savicheva Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:05 am

Upon hearing his story, Lena decided she didn't want to pry too much. Clearly her new friend had a long story to be saved for another day. His last sentence made a light laughter escape her lungs. " Silly minotaur, I don't think theres a leaf big enough for your size." she stated as she placed small pins to hold the robe's new seams in place. Lena grabbed the robe from the counter and made her way to the dressing room. It was time to be fitted.

"I'll be out in a minute!" she announced from behind the room's door. She undressed, put on her fitted robe carefully to not poke herself with a pin, then quickly put back on her clothes.

With that done, she exited the dressing room, went back to the counter, and got to stitching up the new seam lines.
    Kai Takeo
    Kai Takeo
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Kai Takeo Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:23 am

"There are some trees in the tropics that have leaves bigger than you" he states with a full smile, a rareity. Thinking about his time with his family, he remembered something. "Would you be able to do something for me? I have... a piece of clothing that I would like the seams taken out of, just leaving the cloth. Would you mind doing that while we are here?" He isn't used to asking people for anything, he fidgets a little, holding a bloodstained pair of pants infront of him. He had had them hanging from the back of his shorts before.

Aiden walked back into the front of the shop, holding a new pair of leather shoes and most of the leather left over from the original Chaps. "These should fit just right Ma'am, but would you mind trying them on just to make sure?"
    Lena Savicheva
    Lena Savicheva
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Lena Savicheva Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:50 am

Lena grins "Hmm, interesting! I have never seen anything like that. Perhaps I should go see it for myself sometime?" She walks up to him once more, examining the piece of apparel. She shifts her thoughts about a tropical exploration to his request. "Is that...blood?" Lena scratches lightly at her chin in thought then gives him a shrug. "It's nothing a soak in detergent couldn't fix. I would recommend it." she says, taking the pants from his large hands.

Upon Aiden's arrival, she placed the pants next to her nearly-finished robe. She gasps; Lena is impressed by the leather chap's transformation. She sits down on a stool, takes off her old shoes, and puts on her new boots. "Oh Aiden! You are a magician!" she exclaims, pleased with the results. She gets back on her feet and back to work.

"Impressive work, wouldn't you say?" she tells at Kai over her shoulder, grinning. She begins to put the seam breaker to work on Kai's pants exactly like she did her leather chaps until she was all finished: outer legs, inner legs, waist. "And what exactly do you plan on doing with these?" She asks, handing them back to him, then proceeds to making decorative cuts to her robe here and there, cutting it two feet shorter, and once again stitching up a seam.
    Kai Takeo
    Kai Takeo
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Kai Takeo Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:06 am

Kai takes the cloth and tucks it firmly into the front of his leather shorts, letting the excess hang down infront of his legs. "It is a Rememberance of my family. I washed it in the river, but the blood is stained on, I do not know if a heavy duty cleaner would take it out... but for now, these stains remind me of what I live for, and what I'll die for."

Looking at her new shoes, they are rather well made, apparently Laliel had hired well, not that he doubted that. "They look very comfortable despite being pretty. Usually the more fashionable the clothing, the less useful it is... my daughter liked pretty thing," he says, almost as an excuse as to why a male Minotaur would know anything about fashion. He made that statement while taking out his daughter's hairclip, the only thing he has left of her. "She would have liked your fashion sense" He smiles, his boy would have found it silly.
    Lena Savicheva
    Lena Savicheva
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Lena Savicheva Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:42 am

Lena stops what she is doing for a minute and gives her back to the counter. She steps forward to take a closer look at the hair clip. Placing her soft hand on his forearm, she speaks, "You know, I have only known you for a couple of hours, but from what I've heard these past moments, I know you have suffered a great deal of loss in your life. I cannot begin to imagine what that is like, but I applaud you for being one of the strongest persons I have crossed paths with. If it were me in your position, I don't know what I would do with myself." Lena's deep, brown eyes make contact with his. She gives him a sweet, kind smile. Wherever your family is, I'm sure they would be glad to know they are remembered and never to be forgotten."
    Kai Takeo
    Kai Takeo
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Kai Takeo Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:29 am

Kai was a little surprised when the teasing tone left Lena's voice. Since his family was so often on his mind, apparently, they were often on his tongue when he spoke. He had not meant to speak of them so much, even for a man like Kai, the amount he spoke of them is higher than usual.

"Thank you. I think of them so often that being with someone so easy to talk to, I seem to speak of them often too. I think your general good humor reminds me of them, making you easier to talk to. For that, I thank you. I debated joining them, but the thought of my wife's face when she sees me again..." He smiles. "... she wouldn't believe in taking the easy way out. I fear her wrath more than life" He laughs. "If that makes me strong... I'll take it."
    Lena Savicheva
    Lena Savicheva
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Lena Savicheva Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:51 am

"Easy to talk to, you say? Good Humored? Oh, no need to thank me my friend; my charm is only one of the many perfections." Lena says with a grin on her face. Giving him a a sly wink, she caresses his arm making her way down to his hand. "By the way, you should smile more. It looks good on you." she says giving him a come-hither stare for a few seconds.
    She then turned her back on Kai struggling to not laugh as she thought of all the possible hilarious reactions. With that in mind, Lena made her way to a back work room, gathering 2 suitable containers for bleaching and dyeing then began filling them with with water.

"Be a sweetheart and fetch my robe and leather scraps for me, yes?"
    Kai Takeo
    Kai Takeo
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Kai Takeo Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:13 pm

Lena was interesting, and he was slowly growing accustomed to her teasing. He rolls his eyes slightly, knowing she's just searching for reactions. But he has calmed down a little, no longer caught off-guard by her and no longer drowning in memories of his family... they are carefully tucked away.

"As Milady commands" he jokes. He hands her the leftover Chap's leather and the newly fitted robe and watches her mix in the chemicals to alter color. He thinks her new colors may not blend into the forest outside... but she has her other priorities and who was he to judge. "Will the leather take longer to bleach than the robe?"
    Lena Savicheva
    Lena Savicheva
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Lena Savicheva Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:32 pm

Lena puts a pair of rubber gloves of medium thickness over her delicate hands and takes the pieces of fabric and robe. She gives Kai a shrug "Well, I would assume so. I have read over this procedure, but this is actually the first time I have attempted it myself." she says, a wide toothy grin on her face.

"Experimentation time!

Lena suspends the objects into the containers slowly, careful not to splash the liquid. It would have been a tragedy for Lena to ruin her beautiful civilian clothes.

"And now we wait..." Lena grabs a nearby magazine, takes a seat on a small stool, and begins reading to pass time while the bleaching is done, then repeats the same steps for the dyeing process.

After many, many minutes of passing small talk back and fourth between Lena and Kai and two magazines later, the scraps and robe are now dyed a beautiful ivory tone and dry enough to be worked with and worn. The look on her face says it all: Lena is very pleased with her work.

Kai Takeo
    Kai Takeo
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Kai Takeo Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:56 pm

Kai had watched the process carefully. It was interesting to watch the colors slowly fade away, kind of peaceful. and in the process of bleaching and dyeing the fabrics, she had washed away the Musty smell from the robes.

Seeing the satisfaction on her face was cute. When things went her way, she became very happy. He didn't want to know what happened when things didn't go her way.

They looked to be almost done here, and remembering what happened the last time he tried to find a store, he decided to ask Laliel this time. "Miss Laliel, do you know the way to a General Store? I think we'll need some travel gear outside of the gates." Laliel had been in the storefront, tidying up and doing some minor stitchwork to sell. Hearing his question, she responded by telling him the way to a store called The Outfitters. She also drew a map, just incase he got lost again. "Thank you so much" Looking back at Lena, he says, "When you are done with whatever you are making with those Leather pieces, we can go get you your own tailoring kit. I have some things I need to buy also."
    Lena Savicheva
    Lena Savicheva
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Lena Savicheva Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:43 am

Lena returned to the counter and once again began to work. She cut out ten semi-rectangular shapes, then began to sew the corresponding panels to each other, making sure to leave room for the corset's bone channels. For her own personal touch, she then adds a decorative border to the inner sides of the corset. Lena squeals with joy "So far, so good! Lena, you never seize to amaze me."

She continues on to insert the bones, and lastly, adding the eyelets. She quickly does all finishing touches until finally declaring her craft done. Lena makes one last trip to the dressing room to change into her new attire.

On her way back, she places all her civilian clothes on the counter. Climbing on top of the stool wich she was formerly sitting on, she gives the Minotaur a playful hug "Thank you for your patience, sweetie. I take back what I initially said about you. Kai, you are no barbarian; you comported yourself like a true gentleman." she complements him. Winking at him once more, she held him close and gave him a small kiss his nose.

Lena hopped off the stool, put all of Laliel's equipment back where it belonged, and gathered all her belongings. She places a total of 325 coins on the counter, 200 coins for her shoe work, 25 coins for bleach and dye, 50 coins for corset bones, and 50 coins for eyelets, "What a great hostess you are Laliel." she waves bye to the master Tailor. "Untill next time! Now, I am off to The Outfitters." she says, making her way out the door.

(Exit Topic)

Last edited by Lena Savicheva on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kai Takeo
    Kai Takeo
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Kai Takeo Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:08 am

Kai was standing perfectly still when she hugged him, but he seemed to freeze solid when she kissed his nose. *What an unusual girl* he thinks when he can finally move again. He watches her leave in such a good mood... "Wait... I have the directions..." *oh well* "Thank you again Miss Laliel, Mr. Aiden" He bows slightly, and bends down to leave the shop's doorway, *Off to the next one*

(exit topic)
    Koroseta Mauiliu
    Koroseta Mauiliu
    Level 4

Female Posts : 366

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 21290 Gold
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Koroseta Mauiliu Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:03 pm

Koroseta enters Laliel's sew shop. She goes to the counter and asks for a decent amount of leather and cloth and a needle and some thread. She is given them and is charged 200 gold for the leather and 50 gold for the cloth and supplies. She pays the fee and then leaves looking for the Blacksmith's.
    Sidney Hawkins
    Sidney Hawkins
    Level 7

Male Posts : 376

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Exp 275/ Coin 33375
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Sidney Hawkins Sun May 19, 2013 8:21 am

Sidney goes into Laliel's sew shop and hands her the left glove of his armor set and the sapphire enchanted with the healing spell. "Please implant the sapphire onto the back center of the glove." Laliel does so and after a while is finished. She tells him that will be 8k. Sidney pays her the 8k and then puts the glove on again. He was starting to get a taste of how expensive having enchantments done for you really was.

(Sidney leaves)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 pm