The Eighth Continent

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site is entering Beta testing stage.

3 posters

Rearing to go!

Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Female Posts : 260

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/ coin 115380
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Rearing to go! Empty Rearing to go!

Post  Falabella Shire Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:45 pm

Falabella ducks down as her brother enter's the doorway of the Barracks, it seems he may have been trying to knock her off his shoulders... he definately didn't try to Not hit her on the doorframe. *As if I'd let you knock me off. This is my spot!*
    "Two able-bodied people looking for work!" She calls out in a loud voice once they enter the building. *let's not mess around here, I know he wants to get to some action... who do we have to talk to?*
    She starts looking around at the guards, trying to figure out who was in charge. *lacky... lacky... middle-managment.... grunt worker.... where is the person in charge??*
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Male Posts : 349

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Lv. 6 next rest 0 exp/ coin 294500
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Rearing to go! Empty Re: Rearing to go!

Post  Tokara Shire Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:15 pm

Tokara grunted as she ducked the door frame, he was trying to knock her off. But in the end it failed , the scream she did actuly hurt his ears. “you now I think I enjoyed you humming better.” Making it sound sarcastic as he walked further in. there was a pungent odor from all the piles of old gear laying around. The musty robes on some of the people wearing the mage robes made him sneeze.

He could help but also wonder where the captain of the guard was. But everyone seemed to be pulling their own weight around. He could feel there was something watching them..
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  Npc Captains Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:38 pm

Indeed they were being watched. Sitting back in a chair with his feet on a table was a short fat man stuffing his face with food. He wipes his mouth with his hand and then slowly gets up.

Spoiler:

"I'm the Captain on duty. If you show me a couple of tokens I'll see you outfitted. If you don't have any then get lost!" says the Captain irritated at having his meal interrupted, not that it could really be considered a meal since he eats all day round.
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:55 pm

*Holy Crap, what a Fatty... doesn't seem like he does much manual labor... definately the one in charge then...* Falabella bristles at the tone of this man who was recruiting new people... what a way to make people walk right out again... But, she keeps her temper in check, barely.

She snubs her nose at this so-called-guard. "We are here to help out, as per YOUR recruitment." *oh well, lets just get the hell out of this guy's... cozy little building*

"Brother..." *she looks down, irritated now for even having to be in here* "Just hand him our tokens quickly, I wanna get out of here quickly... please" she quickly added the "please" just to make sure Tokara is still in a decent mood with her.
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:08 am

Tokara walked up to the man obosly he towered over the man. he takes out two tokens and drops them at the captains feet. Even tokara was agitated with the captain beahvore there had to be a better captain, well this one was the one on duty who knows where the other one is. “I will take any of the heavy gear you have.” Tokara waited for the fat ass captain to actuly do something. He didn’t know what to give his sister. *hopefully this dosnt take long these quarters smell like uncle festers closet.*
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  Npc Captains Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:39 am

"Well, isn't that great." says the Captain looking down at the tokens. "I don't know why the Guards have to do this, it's all the Peacekeepers' idea." He looks over to a Guard that is busy with paper work. "Hey you! Grunt! Pick those tokens up!" The guard gets up and does as he is told.

He then turns to another Guard who is also busy. "You! Get them some gear!" As the Guard gets them some gear the Captain grabs two bags of gold from the table holding 1000 gold coins and goes to hand them to Tokara. He drops them onto the ground in front of Tokara and then sarcastically says, "Oops."

Suddenly the Captain sniffs the air. "NO! MY FOOD IS BURNING!!!" He runs away to a room in the back with speed several times greater than one would expect for a man so large. After he leaves another guard helps out in getting gear for Tokara and Falabella and the one that had picked up the tokens picks up the bags of gold and hands them to Tokara.

"Sorry about Captain Lardass there... He may not look... or ACT like much, but he's one of the best swordsmen I've ever seen." As he finishes saying that the two guards getting equipment come and set gear on the table in front of them so that they could determine who would carry what. They set down a Broken Large Sword, a Rusted Large Mace, a Wornout Bow with a quiver holding 20 arrows, A set of Seasoned Platemail, Musty Mage Robes, and Wornout Leather Chaps. "Sorry about the condition of the gear, but it's all we can afford to give out. If you want, you can buy more arrowheads at a store down the road. I hope the gear treats you well and that you have a pleasant day." says one of the guards.

In the background you can still hear the captain wailing about his burnt food.
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:17 am

*THE NERVE!* Falabella jumps down from her brother's shoulders, as gracefully as she could in her anger. Her wings are stiff and sticking straight back, twitching slightly... very angry.

"Robes. Chaps. Bow and Arrow." that is all she could manage to say in her fury. Although the other guards were more than kind, trying to placate them into forgiving or at least forgetting their captains attitude... not gonna happen anytime soon. To do that with the gold to her brother... maybe a good dose of herbal poison in his already burnt food would make her feel better... not like he would be able to taste it with how burnt it is.... *Crap... can't make trouble for Tokara... calm down...*

She grabs the robes and holds them up to her shoulders... at least two feet pools on the ground... gonna have to hem this JUST a little...
    she picks up the chaps and holds them to her waist... and over one foot is still flopped on the ground and they'll wrap around her at least twice... ok... a little more hemming. She can hear Tokara starting to laugh now... not really trying to hide it either... *that jerk* At least the bow and arrow isn't something she'd wear, so she picks it up... and the bow is almost as tall as her... By now Tokara was not in anyway trying to cover his laughter... *I Will get him later...*

She looks up at her brother... "Looks like we'll have to make a trip to the tailor's and leatherworker's before getting to work..."
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:47 am

Tokara could help but burst out laughing at his sister because of her tiny stature. Tokara picked up the rusty mace and let it slide do the head hitting the ground next to her. the thud would make any one jump if they wen’t expecting it. then tokara lowered his laughed as he let the mace rest on its head as he adjusted the plate mail on him. “this design went out ages ago. This plate has to be older than me. “ he flexed in it trying to get adjusted just right on him.

The plate where it was so old the leather strapping could be heard tensing up. He thought it could really improve if he could find a black smith to trim the torso section and use it to cover his right arm. Then at least his swinging arm would have protection. Getting it tighten and adjusted just right he then picks up the sword. The blade is broken but even he knows there more to that broken blade. It was easy to see it was poisoned. “This is a coward blade… poisoned…. The sooner we out of here we need to find a black smith. Or head to the shop and get some proper traveling gear.” He then felt a twinge in his left shoulder. The armor really wasn’t meant for him it was almost too small. Bending down he picked up his own money. He slid the sword though some of the leather bindings on his armor to easily carry it. The mace he picked up and puts I on his shoulder.

Looking down at his sister there was a stern tone in his voice. “From here on you carry your own weight.” It was meant to be informative but also to say that even he can’t carry everything for her like they use to do. This would mean propyl preparing before each trip.
    Falabella Shire
    Falabella Shire
    Level 4

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Falabella Shire Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:43 am

Looking up at him, she felt odd, happy and sad together. He was being stern but kind at the same time. Treating her like an actual adult by stating he at least trusted her to take care of her own shit. Maybe even telling her to carry her own weight in battle too, working just as hard and not needing him to save her quite as much... it was strange.

She grabs her money, armor, bow and quiver. The bow is so huge she has to strap it to her back, restricting her wings... something she'll have to figure out and fix later. He quiver of arrows around one shoulder, robs and chaps practically spilling out of her arms, she quickly follows her brother to the doorway, with pride in herself to be treated as an equal.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 am