The Eighth Continent

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site is entering Beta testing stage.

2 posters

The Proposition: Meeting the Captain

Loci
    Loci
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

The Proposition: Meeting the Captain Empty The Proposition: Meeting the Captain

Post  Loci Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:32 pm

With coin in hand I make my way to the barracks like I'd been instructed, all the while wondering why I had been selected to join. I reach the barracks and see a door wondering whether I should knock or just go right in. After a moment's ponder I knock loudly on the door to make sure that I'm heard easily enough. As I wait for the door to open I run my thumb over the coin my thoughts going back to my home town and all that I had learned there from the coroner before he himself was overcome by the plague.
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

The Proposition: Meeting the Captain Empty Re: The Proposition: Meeting the Captain

Post  Npc Captains Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:46 pm

The door is quickly opened. A guard with a look of nervousness on his face is standing there. He sees that she is holding the coin and then speaks. Please come in quickly, but please tread carefully, you just woke Captain Robison from his nap. In the back there is a fat man who is rubbing his eyes. He has a scowl on his face and once he is done rubbing his eyes he glares towards the doorway.
    Loci
    Loci
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

The Proposition: Meeting the Captain Empty Re: The Proposition: Meeting the Captain

Post  Loci Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:32 pm

"That's the Captain?" I ask the guard, "Well whatever, I better make an impression...." I walk up to the half awake man and hold the coin in front of his face. "Sir, we need to talk. One of your guards supplied me with this coin, however I have some conditions to joining your...ranks. I'll give you 10 minutes to wake up fully and be ready for a meeting." With that I walk back out the door to wait for the Captain.
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  Npc Captains Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:03 am

Robison leans back in his chair as Loci walks in and holds the coin in front of his face, telling him that she would give him 10 minutes to wake up and then she wanted to have a meeting with him before she walks back outside. Robison is taken aback at this a little and most of the guards in the barracks cringe as she says what she does. After she leaves, Robison leans forward in his chair and starts to think as he wasn't sure how to handle this, in the past he would have just ignored her and gone back to napping, but seeing as he was newly re-instated he didn't feel he could get away with it at this point in time. He tries to get himself in the state of mind to deal with this.
    Loci
    Loci
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Loci Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:26 am

After the ten minutes had passed I open the door and enter again grabbing a chair and setting it in front of the Captain. "I'll sit, if you're ready to negotiate terms. If not I'll walk and you'll lose a potentially good soldier." I hold up the coin. "So, are you ready to play?" Looking over at the other guard, "Why do you look so scared? It's not like he's going to explode...not literally at least."
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  Npc Captains Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:57 am

Captain Robison frowns at her and scratches the bridge of his nose as she speaks of negotiating terms and refers to the negotiations as playing. I don't know what the guard told you, but that coin is basically a token that gives you the opportunity to get some gold and a weapon or two and some armor so that on any adventures you might have you have a better chance of wiping out monsters and bandits than becoming another victim. AND the recruitment is ordered by those Peacekeeper's over on the Dragon continent, not the Guard, we just oversee it.

He then hesitates for a second, Now if you'd rather join the guard and do missions and duties, THAT I can negotiate with you about.
    Loci
    Loci
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Loci Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:31 pm

"I don't know anything about any Peacekeepers," I sit, "but here's what I want to get out of this if I do decide to be recruited...I want a medical position in the guard. Obviously there will be wounded soldiers in the field, so I'm sure that won't be a huge problem. I want your best medic to bring me up to date with the modern practices, where I'm from we were not as advanced as I assume a city would be. When it comes to missions and serving in the guard, I want the bodies of anything that is killed for research purposes. Also, I assume that the guard would have some sort of battlemage or a sorcerer in general. My spellbooks were left behind when I set out for here. I'll need replacements. I study primarily necromancy. And about these weapons and armor I'm a tad picky so don't be upset if what I pick ends up being smelted down for something that feels more comfortable." I look at the Captain, "If we can agree on these things then I'm sure you'll have an excellent soldier, and just think, if I'm not afraid of you; What would I be afraid of?"
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  Npc Captains Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:49 pm

(This is the character's attitude, not mine.)

Robison holds himself back from rolling his eyes as she stated her 'demands'. He perks up at the mention of Necromancy though and begins writing something down. Either take the gear and gold with gratitude or leave it Miss. You don't even have to do anything in return if you decide not to, and that offer is seperate from anything guard related. If you want to be a medic you can do that, or you can be a guard. As far as.... the other thing you said, you could use the money to buy a blank spellbook, also, please read what I just wrote down.

On the note it reads, 'DO NOT OPENLY SPEAK OF NECROMANCY! Any other Captain would likely throw you in prison at the mention of it, it is not openly accepted here in the city or many other cities for that matter.'
    Loci
    Loci
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Loci Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:26 pm

I hand the Captain the coin, and take the piece of paper and pen before writing on it and handing it back, *"You know something don't you?"*

"Ok...so no talk of that, though I will make my way to get my gear and gold. I think we both can use a drink, so I guess we could meet at a tavern and talk more. I'll have some errands to run after getting the gear. I'll be heading to the blacksmith to get a blade specially forged."
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  Npc Captains Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:23 pm

Yeah, I suppose that we could talk over a drink later, if that oaf of a Captain Blorg gets here to relieve me of duty. He pulls out a pouch from the desk and sets it on the table. He then motions over towards a table with some pretty crappy gear on it. Well, the gold's here and there is some gear on the table, choose any combination of three items. Like the gold a piece of armor and a weapon, or three weapons and nothing else, or some other combination.

(Available gear listed at the links below, note though that only the armors without a price listed beside the name are available.)

Weapons

Armor
    Loci
    Loci
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Loci Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:26 pm

I move over to the table and disregards the armor, taking the staff and the large sword. I then take the gold, "can't have our drinks without some of this I assume. How much is in the bag by the way?" I slip the bag into my pocket and then turn my attention to the sword. "It's a little heavy for my taste, but it should suffice for what I have planned for it. In the mean time I'll have the staff to wield."
    Npc Captains
    Level 0 NOOB

Post  Npc Captains Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:54 am

One thousand gold to the coin. says Robison as he starts to look at the papers on his desk. He starts organizing the papers by priority so that he could push the work onto the Captain that is relieving him from duty. He has a bit of a sour look on his face as he does so. It seems as though he is repressing some things just from his general attitude and his short answers to her questions.
    Loci
    Loci
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Loci Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:31 pm

"Thanks for the assistance, I've got a few errands to run. I'll be back later this evening. We can have that drink then." With that I leave the barracks with my gold, sheathed sword on my back, and staff in hand, heading towards the blacksmith.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:09 am