The Eighth Continent

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site is entering Beta testing stage.

+16
Shorty
Enz Zziio
Alexi Abramov
Falabella Shire
Remy Laroque
NPC Event
Xantrex
forty
Saori Pegason
Tess Crosszeria
Lilith
Marga coreta
Koroseta Mauiliu
NPC Blacksmith
Tokara Shire
Sidney Hawkins
20 posters

Glaidus' Workshop (Open for future use)

Enz Zziio
    Enz Zziio
    Level 2

Female Posts : 117

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/$150
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Glaidus' Workshop (Open for future use) - Page 7 Empty Re: Glaidus' Workshop (Open for future use)

Post  Enz Zziio Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:31 am

Enz walked into the shop... door closing behind her her staff-sword strapped to her back with sheaths to protect the blades... nothing fancy just a normal one...

Enz walked up to the table and set down 300 gold coins, " i would like 12 iron ingots please" she asked...

~~~~~~~

once inquiring the iron ingots she hauled them over to the work area she heated the metals to working temperatures she began to work them into the metal, reinforcing her staff-blade but also increasing its weight... after some time working the metals into her weapon she finished it up... the weapon now weighing 22 pounds...
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Male Posts : 349

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Lv. 6 next rest 0 exp/ coin 294500
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Glaidus' Workshop (Open for future use) - Page 7 Empty Re: Glaidus' Workshop (Open for future use)

Post  Tokara Shire Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:14 pm

finishing the mauls handle he sets it to the side. then going over to the large sword of his begins to think what to do. he desired to get the sword a new look. but he figured his sword could be handy for cutting down trees. so he starts to serrate the blade in to a saw like pattern, it traveled up the whole length. finishing tokara think of who hes run in too as of late. "i wonder whats going to happen this day." he said this as he examined his new sword the saw blade made it look much more intimidating. "i think i should get a cart for soot. it would make carrying things easier on her." he said think out loud. he figured it would be easy then carrying his large ass on her back.

upgraded large sword with sarrations, 1/4th inch serration, bleeding damage 4 for 4 posts also upgraded sword to decent level
    Remy Laroque
    Remy Laroque
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Exp/$: Lv. 4 Next Rest! 100 exp/4.7k
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Remy Laroque Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:01 pm

Remy pops his head into Glaidus' and takes a quick look around. He then steps in as he sees Tokara working some metal inside. Tokara, there you are. he says and walks inside.

He walks up to Tokara and speaks relatively quietly near him, trying to prevent Glaidus from hearing. I've stumbled into something interesting nearby Mendefera. I could use your help with it if you're interested. This would look suspicious to Glaidus or anyone else that walked in, but sometimes someone's private information was exactly that, private.

Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:42 pm

tokara finished the saw as remy walked in and turned and saw him. he started on talking about needing tokara, this intrested him and pulled remy to the side and listened in better. "what you go in mind?" tokara set the swords tip in to the ground and held on to the handle holding his large stature up. remy though he may have just met him seemed like a great help. considering he helped with the horse killer he trusted him some what. tokara was all ears for remy.
    Remy Laroque
    Remy Laroque
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Remy Laroque Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:07 pm

I stumbled upon an entrance to what seems to be some kind of underground storage area. The entrance hadn't been used in a long time, but I could smell goblins. I might be able to get through the goblins by myself, but I doubt it. On top of that, if it is an old storage area, who knows what could be in it. Remy didn't want to have many people hear this as they might try to go out and then find it and clear it out first.
    Tokara Shire
    Tokara Shire
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Tokara Shire Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:14 pm

tokara listened to remy and scratched his chin. this would be a fun little side job. he placed a hand on to remys shoudler. "count me in, also in town there is a old rival of mine. he said he was going to the inn. get him to tag along too after you find him meet me out side the gates, i need to get a cart for my horse. also you will know when you see him hes dressed in full leather, its rather a queer armor." tokara said this and slowly moved away from remy, picking up his two new weapons went outside and grabbed crackers and soot. making his way slowly to the stables.
    Remy Laroque
    Remy Laroque
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Remy Laroque Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:27 pm

Remy nods and then leaves the shop. If Tokara thinks that the man can be a help, he can be a help. He intends on heading straight to the Inn right now and he hopes that it isn't too hard to find. Of course he wonders if there was a reason Sidney had headed to the inn, like maybe to recover from a journey or something. Regardless he was hoping that the man would be willing to join them and that they could possibly keep it just a group of three.
    Shorty
    Level 1

Post  Shorty Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:44 pm

Melwyt walks into Glaidus' shop completely ignoring anything going on around him. He knew Glaidus' policy about using the forges so he just walks right in and starts melting down a rusted large mace that he had previously received from the Guards along with 1k in gold. He waits patiently for it to melt down enough to be workable. With the 18 pound mace it would take a while for it to actually melt down. Stupid iron, takes too long, I ain't got all day!

Glaidus' Workshop (Open for future use) - Page 7 3393708228  17
    Shorty
    Level 1

Post  Shorty Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:53 pm

The dwarf stares at the iron as if it's going to help it heat and melt faster. After a while it starts to melt. He goes over to where the molds are and just looks for an iron rod mold. He finds two and preps them before filling them with some of the molten iron. He then frowns again as it is making him have to wait longer. He goes off and comes back with another mold that is for what would appear to be for little iron nails. He then waits for the metal to cool inside of the molds.

Glaidus' Workshop (Open for future use) - Page 7 3393708228 19
    Shorty
    Level 1

Post  Shorty Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:47 pm

Melwyt leaves the iron rods to cool more but starts forming the still glowing smaller spikes into interwoven rings. Judging from the general appearance of it he was making Persian 1 into 3 chain. If this was true than he was going to end up being there for a long time. He looks over at the other mold and it is easy to see that it is starting to cool to the point where it is workable enough to do what he wants to do with it.

Glaidus' Workshop (Open for future use) - Page 7 3393708228 21
    Shorty
    Level 1

Post  Shorty Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:03 pm

After continuing with making the 1 into 3 Persian chain for a while he goes over to the iron rods that had been cooling and he starts to dorm a ball shaped head on the end of the rod using the still hot iron that had been left in. It is taking a lot of time and he has to cool it every so often with water which causes short bursts of steam as he gradually works more and more metal onto the end of the rod.

Glaidus' Workshop (Open for future use) - Page 7 3393708228 23
    Shorty
    Level 1

Post  Shorty Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:27 pm

After continuing to do this for some time it reaches a point where he is satisfied with the ball on the end. He then works ribs around the edge of the ball to help do more damage against plate armor. After he is finished with it he sets it to the side so that he can start to work on the other one. He starts to repeat the process that he used on the first one on this second one.

Glaidus' Workshop (Open for future use) - Page 7 3393708228  25
    Shorty
    Level 1

Post  Shorty Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:34 pm

As Melwyt continues on completing the second one he notices that they both look like they will be rather serviceable. He finishes it by doing the ribbing on the ball and then returns to working on the Persian 1 into 3 mail. His intent is to have a shoulders down mail outfit but it is taking a long time. After a while he refills the mold and tweaks the chain a little bit. He wishes that this could be done another way other than just being butted.

Glaidus' Workshop (Open for future use) - Page 7 3393708228 27
    Enye Nguvu
    Enye Nguvu
    Level 1

Male Posts : 32

Character sheet
    Exp/$: 0/$750
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enye Nguvu Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:00 pm

Enye stepped through the threshold of Gladius' workshop. He looked around, seeming mildly confused. "You, Dwarf, do you run this establishment?" The Minotaur was looking directly at Gladius. The dwarf nodded proudly. "Aye. Name's Gladius. What can I do you for?" Enye held forward his perfectly shitastic mace. "I need this to not be utter shit. Can I use your tools for that?" He asked, eyeing the small man. Gladius shrugged. "You break it, you buy it. Oh, and try not to hurt yourself." Enye nodded and thanked the man before he headed over to the forge. He already had in mind what he would do to the mace. He thrust the top of it into the heart of the fire and waited until it would be soft enough to work with. Despite having no experience himself, Enye had spent many hours of his child(calf?)hood watching the local blacksmith work. He grabbed the Fullers from the bench where a bunch of various tools were resting. The mace seemed to take an eternity to finally be a bit malleable, but it was finally ready. Enye removed it from the fire when it was just barely workable and moved it to the anvil which sat nearby. Taking the fullers, he began to dent the metal. He was making it so the mace would be a bit flanged. At least this would hurt if it hit someone/thing. Since Enye didn't buy any iron ingots, he would have to make do with the iron that came with the mace. Slowly, the shitty mace began to show signs of being flanged. Granted, the flangs were uneven and a few were misshapen.  But there were now a total of four dull flanges on the mace. This would have to do for now. Enye looked over the weapon. He wondered if this would be considered altering or serration. Most likely altering. It hadn't gained any weight, but it was now unevenly balanced.  The weapon had gained some damaging points. (1) This was good enough for Enye to call it quits until another time. "See you around, Gladius." He said, waving his free hand as he walked out of the workshop.

Glaidus' Workshop (Open for future use) - Page 7 3393708228 (16)

(exit topic)
    Enye Nguvu
    Enye Nguvu
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enye Nguvu Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:47 pm

Enye walked back in, not even a day later. "Hello yes I am back." He announced, even though he was sure no one cared. No one even knew his name in this town, and that was fine. Enye nodded a greeting to Gladius and walked over near the forge. He looked at his awkward-looking mace. The handle could use some decorations, but he couldn't decide on what he wanted to add. The Minotaur turned the weapon over, trying to think of a nice design. He shook his head in frustration. This hideous thing wasn't worth decorating. He decided that he would just melt the thing down to make something he can actually use.
    Taycee
    Taycee
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Taycee Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:22 pm

Upon waiting for atlas taycee had sat and waited in the shop, it was best she didnt run off just yet. But she did need to get some more arrows and a new bow wouldn't hurt. she then watched as a Minotaur walked in more bigger then atlas and taps her chin thinking. she then notices the Minotaur with a really poor looking mace. She walks up to him and is starting to scribble some thing down on some paper with some charcoal. while walking behind the mino just a little the dust his hooves kicked up made her sneeze in the most cutest of manners. in fact she sneezed three times not able to get the attention of the mino yet because of her little sneezing fit.
    Enye Nguvu
    Enye Nguvu
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enye Nguvu Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:33 pm

While Enye heard the noise, he paid it no mind as he was used to others ignoring his presence. He grabbed a mold of an ax and took it to the forge. It was good that he didn't have anywhere to be today, because melting down his heap of metal and making it into an ax would take a lot of his time. He huffed before he stuck his mace into a tray-like container and placed that into the hottest part of the fire. The tray would hold the liquid without sticking to it or melting itself, which Enye found to be very handy.
    Taycee
    Taycee
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Taycee Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:59 pm

Taycee works her way to infront of the Minotaur and scribbling down on a piece of paper and hands it to the Minotaur. ~seems you have taken up the act of helping the guard out. I saw many maces like that in the barracks. are you a blacksmith because i could use a better bow.~ is what the paper said as she stood there quite her lips never moving. it might be strange for the creature before her to see that she didn't speak and might take it as an offence.
    Enye Nguvu
    Enye Nguvu
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enye Nguvu Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:10 pm

Enye stepped back at the human got in front of him. He took the piece of paper and wondered why she didn't just tell him this. Wow, human's sure are weird. He read the note and then looked back at her. For a moment, he wondered if he should write down his reply. "Um, no. I'm not a proper blacksmith. In fact, I know very little about smithing. But I suppose I could try to fix your bow if you're desperate enough, but no promises that it wont break." Enye looked past the human, which wasn't hard to do considering how small she was compared to him. The mace had started to melt, but it would still be a while before it would be able to be poured into the mold. "Do you only need the bow repaired?"
    Taycee
    Taycee
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Taycee Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:28 pm

Taycee was quick to take the paper back and then crosses out what she wrote and started to write more under what she had written before. ~I would rather have a new bow over all, but i dont have the funds to aquire one that at-least some strength to it. but if you dont kow any thing then do not worry about it but i could use the extra muscle to fend off some monster should i ever get the chance to leave this blasted town.~ she rips the piece of paper and hands it to the minotaur, her hand writing was very clean and very nice. she would stand there he bow over her shoulder it did look like the wood would hold up much longer if used to much.
    Enye Nguvu
    Enye Nguvu
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enye Nguvu Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:59 pm

Enye considered her offer. He wondered how well they would be able to communicate if she didn't speak. He wondered if the other people he would meet wouldn't speak to him either. But he decided he could do with some adventuring. "I can accompany you, if you wish. Let me finish making a new weapon." He looked at her bow for a second. There wasn't anything he would be able to do, seeing as how he saw no metal on it and pouring molten iron would most-likely ruin the bow if he did it. By now, his mace had turned into it's liquid form. Carefully, he grabbed a pair of large-ish tongs and brought out the tray of iron. With great caution, he slowly poured it into the ax mold. He breathed a sigh of relief as none of the hot liquid spilled out. Now was time to wait some more, and then he would be done. "Will we be journeying with anyone else?" Enye asked the human. He didn't even know her name, but he was still eager to test out his new weapon.

Glaidus' Workshop (Open for future use) - Page 7 3393708228 (17)
    Taycee
    Taycee
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Taycee Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:22 pm

When taycee heard the mino comment if there was any one else joining them she nodded not saying any thing once again. Not wanting to waist paper on such a simple answer as she only had so much charcoal. she watches the minotaur mold his old mace in to what seemed like an ax shape. it was rather interesting to watch how some one else made a weapon or armor. but she herself liked the finer crafts more like wood carving and making arrows.
    Enye Nguvu
    Enye Nguvu
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enye Nguvu Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:34 pm

"You don't talk much, do you?" A wonderful observation from detective Enye. He shrugged and looked at the cooling metal, very proud of how it turned out even though a master blacksmith would cry at the results. A few places would need to be smoothed out, and the blade would definitely need sharpening. But all that would come in due time, seeing as how they weren't in much of a hurry. The metal was hard now, but still too hot to touch by bare hand. Enye grabbed some tongs and a small hammer. Using the tongs, he would remove the ax from it's mold and rest it on the anvil. Then, he would use the hammer to carefully smooth out the bumps that had formed. It was looking really nice, in the Minotaur's opinion. He turned his attention to the human girl. "Have you ever sharpened something before?" He had grown a bit fond of her already, seeing as how she was quiet and observant. This were traits he obviously lacked.

Glaidus' Workshop (Open for future use) - Page 7 3393708228 (18)
    Taycee
    Taycee
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Exp/$:
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Taycee Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:49 pm

Taycee looked to the minotaur and walked over to a whetstone wheel, a tool for sharpening weapons. she patted on it to show hi that was the tool to sharpen his ax with, she had fine tuned a knife or two in her day. also some times an arrow are so dull it wasn't worth using unless she sharpened it. she would move to the side more seeing as the minotaur was rather large and he might be to big for to be near it while he worked.
    Enye Nguvu
    Enye Nguvu
    Level 1

Character sheet
    Equipment/Backpack:
    Ability/Spell list:

Post  Enye Nguvu Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:13 pm

Enye sat at the grindstone. It was obvious that he was rather big for it, as he felt like an adult sitting at a child's play-table. Still, he needed this to be done. He gingerly put his hoof on the pedal and began to pump it, making the stone spin rapidly. "I'd stand back a bit, wouldn't want a spark to hit you." He joked as he put the edge of the blunt ax to the edge of the whetstone wheel. He turned the ax ever so slightly, so he could get a nice point on it. In no time, one side was finished. He looked it over to make sure there were no cracks or weak points. Turning the weapon over, he began to sharpen the other side. He inspected it, and was surprised to find no cracks in this side either. But as proud of himself as he was, he couldn't let others know that he wasn't amazing at everything, so he didn't show his happiness but merely let out a satisfied grunt. "Almost ready. It seems kind of dull, don't you think?" Enye shook his head. "Bah, we can worry about that later. I'm ready when you are."

(+1 Damage, -2 Durability)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 pm